Prediction How Long Will JENKINS Remain Dropped?

conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Would really like to see Fog have a good game this week. This is his chance to get in the team.

Who takes second ruck spot if Fogarty replaces Jenkins though?

Have we ever deviated from that structure since Pyke took over? I have a feeling we did it once and Greenwood rucked a bit but can’t recall when.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
Port last beat them there in 2007 in the 2nd to last game before finals in what was a massive confidence boost heading into September.

:eek::eek::eek:

We should have beaten them there during the Neil Craig era (I think 2009?), but from memory James Sellar cost us the game by turning the ball over on what was going to be a goal for us and it ended up with Paul Chapman kicking the goal to put Geelong in front.

Last edited:

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
"why JJ was Dropped Not enough goals"

Walker goals Round 1-4: 0,1,1,1
Jenkins goals Round 1-4: 0,2,1,1
Lynch goals Round 1-4: 0,1,2,0

So if Jenkins was dropped for not kicking enough goals, why was he dropped before Walker and Lynch? He outscored both of them.
"goals matter"

Walker goals Round 5-9: 3,4,1,2,3
Lynch goals Round 5-9: 1,1,0,3,1
Himmelberg goals Round 5-9: 1,1,1,1,1

Since JJ has left the team, we have seen a spike in performance from Walker and Lynch (see below with almost identical F50 entries), with Himmelberg achieving the same average as Jenkins of 1 goal per game.

I'll give you a hint: It's not all about goals.

"we were not getting the ball into the forward 50"

Inside 50s with Jenkins
Round 1 - 58
Round 2 - 52
Round 3 - 53
Round 4 - 36

Inside 50s without Jenkins
Round 5 - 59
Round 6 - 52
Round 7 - 50
Round 8 - 62
Round 9 - 56

Yes, we were.

No matter how you spin or look at it, we are a better team without Jenkins.
Himmelberg is offering as much on the scoreboard as Jenkins was in the first four rounds.
Himmelberg is younger, hungrier, has a bigger upside and has a longer future at the club.

Forget 2017 where we were a free scoring team with Jenkins a beneficiary.
Forget 2018 where Jenkins had a decent year and did well in the B&F thanks to consistency and not being injured.

This is 2019, and 2017/18 counts for a grand total of zero.

2019-22 however, they count for quite a lot.

Really

Himmelberg is offering as much on the scoreboard as Jenkins was in the first four rounds.
Himmelberg is younger, hungrier, has a bigger upside and has a longer future at the club.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pyke and co gave JJ the opportunity to find form the board didn't want to they wanted JJ out forever
And I gave you the reasons why.

But you are hardly one to claim innocence on player judgement.

You called Keath “Clanger King” after one game.
You called Doedee a hack who can’t kick after watching one sanfl game.

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Really

Nice find bud.

so tell me what part of that statement was incorrect?

PS - that's probably the finest grammar in any of your posts

We should have beaten them there during the Neil Craig era (I think 2009?), but from memory James Sellar cost us the game by turning the ball over and Paul Chapman kicked the winning goal.

Was that the game where we won a free kick and Porplyzia was running into an open goal but they refused to pay the advantage? The same thing happened but they allowed it at the other end IIRC. Was one of those balding muppets McLaren or McBurney in fine form that day.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think we'd break Bigfooty if we dug up all your past posts on Doedee, Burton and J.Scharenberg.

I said I Id have burton still not backing down from that has been playing well for Port this year would easily be in their top 10 and at KPF height not bad option and home grown talent

Sharenberg would have been better than Jars but he wasn't picked mind you plenty of youngsters aren't, playing well for the bays which is good for my team

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I said I Id have burton still not backing down from that has been playing well for Port this year would easily be in their top 10 and at KPF height not bad option and home grown talent

Sharenberg would have been better than Jars but he wasn't picked mind you plenty of youngsters aren't, playing well for the bays which is good for my team
What did you say about Doedee?

Didn’t you say Scharenberg would be a first rounder? Whether he’s playing for Glenelg is irrelevant, you were wrong

May 13, 2006
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Ford Cortina
If you are suggesting Fog for JJ, I highly doubt that happens. Himmelberg is the most obvious in. If you bring Fogarty in for Jenkins, who plays the back up ruckman role?

EH hasnt really been on fire lately. Neither has Fog. Just reckon Fog plays with a bit more grunt. Could be very handy up forward.

Back