Prediction How Long Will JENKINS Remain Dropped?

Sep 5, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Interestingly I noticed against the Suns when Lynch kicked his only goal (1 I think), he didn't seem to celebrate much at all. It was almost like relief. We all know how bad that lynch is going atm but at least he seems to acknowledge it. With JJ's recent comments it seems like he's in denial. Very immature.
I noticed that too and it think he was just frustrated with himself and that goal was a small relief

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Easier, sure, but it is still soft.

They'd know what they were doing early on, and would finalise the decision on Thursday.

Not having the balls to address it in person is pathetic; but it doesn't surprise me.
Bet you don't have the balls to tell Clarko he's soft, Hawthorn do the same thing.

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Both Gibbs and Jenkins saw fit to tell the media they thought it was the wrong decision they were dropped

Both made a point of saying they were told over the phone

Why do they think we weren’t winning? Someone else’s fault? Just unlucky?

Is there some internal player group resentment? Or do they just all hate Pyke.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
A lot of cracks appearing in the unity and sense of team over the last few weeks; both coaching and player wise.
I don't think so, I mean one player comes out and had a sook. Not sure how you can come to that conclusion.

Gibbs said he wasn't all that shocked, went back and played a good game in the 2s and came back in.

JJ goes back and has a stinker, then sooks on radio. Bit different.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Both Gibbs and Jenkins saw fit to tell the media they thought it was the wrong decision they were dropped

Both made a point of saying they were told over the phone

Why do they think we weren’t winning? Someone else’s fault? Just unlucky?

Is there some internal player group resentment? Or do they just all hate Pyke.
Gibbs was more shocked it came when it did, not that it happened.

I think people are just reading too much into things.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't think so, I mean one player comes out and had a sook. Not sure how you can come to that conclusion.

Gibbs said he wasn't all that shocked, went back and played a good game in the 2s and came back in.

JJ goes back and has a stinker, then sooks on radio. Bit different.
Gibbs said he was shocked. Complained he was given positive feedback which is why he was shocked.

Greenwood bitched at well.

Now Jenkins.

Alwaysacrow

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I noticed that too and it think he was just frustrated with himself and that goal was a small relief

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
JJ seems frustrated too but it's more like because he's not the AFC poster boy anymore. I personally think he can still contribute to the AFC but he'll have to prove it in the 2's before that happens in my books.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Whatever gets us the best draft pick end of the year for jenkins should be the clubs best strategy moving forward. If that means playing him I would do that as long as he performs. End of the year seeya Josh. Take your bad attitude elsewhere mate.

Gibbs said he was shocked. Complained he was given positive feedback which is why he was shocked.

Now Jenkins.

Lever had a bitch about it when we left him out at the start of the season one year (after an interrupted pre-season) too.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt

Now Jenkins.
Gibbs also said his first 2 weeks weren't good enough and that he half expected it.

Greenwoods performances weren't good enough to warrant selection, when they were he was brought in.

Our players are used to getting it easy, so now the pressure is on they can't deal....m That's on them.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
What they are shocked at is that adelaide football club don't drop players unless they have played 20 games or less. Well done Don. Change the bloody culture. About time.
This.

Greenwood has an interrupted summer (again) and was made to work for it, good.

JJ was horrid and deserved it, good.

Gibbs was a touch unlucky, but his start to the season wasn't great.

PrideoSA

Senior List
Apr 21, 2018
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide

Now Jenkins.
I could be reading into things but these kinds of things suggest to me there could be breakdown between senior coach and individual players and/or playing group. Pyke looked uneasy coaching from the bench on Sunday, looked more desperate than a man with complete control of the situation.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I could be reading into things but these kinds of things suggest to me there could be breakdown between senior coach and individual players and/or playing group. Pyke looked uneasy coaching from the bench on Sunday, looked more desperate than a man with complete control of the situation.
Looked pretty in control to me

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gibbs also said his first 2 weeks weren't good enough and that he half expected it.

Greenwoods performances weren't good enough to warrant selection, when they were he was brought in.

Our players are used to getting it easy, so now the pressure is on they can't deal....m That's on them.
Oh I agree the pressures on as it should be.

But KE is right, cracks are beginning to show, as it wasn’t just Jenkins complaining in the media.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Oh I agree the pressures on as it should be.

But KE is right, cracks are beginning to show, as it wasn’t just Jenkins complaining in the media.
Senior players should be frustrated about playing 2s, no doubt. However I think the frustration shown by Greenwood and Gibbs was slightly different to the hypocrisy of JJ.

The response was much better too.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bet you don't have the balls to tell Clarko he's soft, Hawthorn do the same thing.

Odd post mate, I think it's soft, regardless of who does it. If I see Clarkson in the street, I'm not going to approach him and tell him his selection methodology is soft :p

Evidence that Hawthorn do the same thing??

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
perhaps after the Crows gained some ascendancy during the 2nd qtr. I saw it differently during 1st qtr arm wrestle
He would have been frustrated, but he looked in control to me.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Odd post mate, I think it's soft, regardless of who does it. If I see Clarkson in the street, I'm not going to approach him and tell him his selection methodology is soft :p

Evidence that Hawthorn do the same thing??
I do have evidence yes.

When the person told me a year or so ago I questioned it, because as you say it is a strange thing to do.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Senior players should be frustrated about playing 2s, no doubt. However I think the frustration shown by Greenwood and Gibbs was slightly different to the hypocrisy of JJ.

The response was much better too.
You’re splitting hairs I think, but happy to leave it at that.

Jul 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
If Lynch comes out and sooks IF he is dropped then its ridiculous. Lynch was ironically applauded on the weekend when he actually delivered a decent kick to someone for the first time.

When your supporters get against you because you are playing poorly, as was the case with JJ and to a degree Gibbs, then having a sook is delusional at best.

Back