Prediction How Long Will JENKINS Remain Dropped?

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree and I get the feeling we are doing the same thing with a number of players.

I would argue that JJ should have come in a week earlier against WCE but either way, dropping him and keeping him in SANFL has had the right effect

We have historically a debilitating reticence to drop out of form or injured senior players. We killed Wright’s career at our club playing him for months whilst in terrible form. VB, Thommo (cooked body) Reilly, Mackay the same. Sauce last year injured himself before ROB got injured but we still preferred him being terrible ahead of giving a fit ROB a crack. Sloane just last year, Tex’s shortened mini preseason, Seed/Dougie both back far too early in the last couple of weeks. When Dmac went back a couple of years ago for 3-4 games he returned in much better nick and deserved his spot on output. I don’t understand the philosophy, it’s like we’re happier being a lesser team if we’re looking after loyal senior players.

For the crows to win deep finals this year, JJ playing well will be critical.

He has shown in patches - but frustratingly no where near often enough for a snr player - what he is truly capable of (eg GF rematch 2018) and this includes contested marking, effective brute strength at ground level, man-handling KPD, and this 6 week dropping is hopefully the rocket that he shouldnt have but did need.

We have historically a debilitating reticence to drop out of form or injured senior players. We killed Wright’s career at our club playing him for months whilst in terrible form. VB, Thommo (cooked body) Reilly, Mackay the same. Sauce last year injured himself before ROB got injured but we still preferred him being terrible ahead of giving a fit ROB a crack. Sloane just last year, Tex’s shortened mini preseason, Seed/Dougie both back far too early in the last couple of weeks. When Dmac went back a couple of years ago for 3-4 games he returned in much better nick and deserved his spot on output. I don’t understand the philosophy, it’s like we’re happier being a lesser team if we’re looking after loyal senior players.
We’ve dropped JJ, Gibbs and Mackay this year. Things are looking more different this year compared with recent years.

But this year surely things have changed?

For the crows to win deep finals this year, JJ playing well will be critical.

He has shown in patches - but frustratingly no where near often enough for a snr player - what he is truly capable of (eg GF rematch 2018) and this includes contested marking, effective brute strength at ground level, man-handling KPD, and this 6 week dropping is hopefully the rocket that he shouldnt have but did need.
A fair few on here are giving too much faith on youngsters, forgetting that Milera, Gooch, CEY all took several seasons to slowly adjust from SANFL to AFL.

EH is looking to be a solid player, but he just isn’t big enough to manhandle stronger defenders. JJ has both the speed and strength, he just needs to apply the consistent mongrel and use his body more. An in-form JJ is what we need to be a serious threat this season.

But this year surely things have changed?

Dropping JJ was a good start, but they backed themselves into a corner by dropping Gibbs. That had me hopeful, but Dougie’s return last week is a stark warning sign and Seed to a lesser extent, at least he has a future beyond this year, but he wasn’t ready. Dmac dropped this week but then Pyke effectively states he was managed. We’ve dabbled, but the true test is what we do under pressure when finals are around the corner and we’re firmly in or desperate to get/stay in.

I wouldnt even wait for other clubs to contact us I'd let them all know he is on the table, best offer gets him.

If Big Easy has a slow patch then Fog has to come in, stop wasting time on 30 year old who's made a career off being lazy and running in to open goal.

Just look How much better Tex is playing without Jenkins grtting in the way all the time.
Yeah nah

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dropping JJ was a good start, but they backed themselves into a corner by dropping Gibbs. That had me hopeful, but Dougie’s return last week is a stark warning sign and Seed to a lesser extent, at least he has a future beyond this year, but he wasn’t ready. Dmac dropped this week but then Pyke effectively states he was managed. We’ve dabbled, but the true test is what we do under pressure when finals are around the corner and we’re firmly in or desperate to get/stay in.
Dougy will be dropped either this game or next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why woukd you drop him for someone who has shown he is not ready maybe gibbs but jones clearly and obviously needs more develppmemt it has be shown

Shown he's not ready ??

Explain how..... actually don't, you have no idea.

Prepared to wager?
I don't bet, so no.

I know you have this weird theory that Pyke is NC and we value this and that, it's been disproved but you stick with it.

If he performs like he did Saturday he will be dropped absolutely no question

I don't bet, so no.

I know you have this weird theory that Pyke is NC and we value this and that, it's been disproved but you stick with it.

If he performs like he did Saturday he will be dropped absolutely no question
He will clearly be replaced bu lynch when hes fit

As for jones thats just your biased talking

I've been very critical on Jenkins, but I have to give him some credit. It seems like getting dropped and realising that his spot in the side isn't assured has lit a fire under him.

Now how long that lasts though is anyone's guess.

Jenkins remained dropped long enough to learn his lesson, as a result he’s playing better football than he was when he was dropped and for the first few weeks in the SANFL.

The selection panel have been vindicated.

I agree.

I suspect when Jenkins first got dropped he believed it would be a token one game in the SANFL. He most probably thought that all he needed to do was show up, put in a token effort and he would be straight back in the next week. It seems like it took a few weeks for the penny to drop that this wasn't going to happen.

Hopefully getting dropped was a reality check for him and he realised that his spot in the side isn't as safe as he thought it was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back