How many A graders do we have on the list...

Remove this Banner Ad

This is an interesting article about projected future value of players - Berry and Dawson the two highest rated for us.

It is an interesting article. Doesn’t make me feel so good about the AFL gift of pick 2 to GC…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If you class A graders as the ability to win their position most weeks against their opposition, and be a walk up start in any other side, i'd say currently

Tex
Laird
Dawson
Doedee (borderline)

Potential future A Graders (from exposed form):

Berry
Rachele
TT
Fog
Soligo
Rankine
Butts
Disagree on Doedee and Butts
Doedee at times was lucky to make our team, let alone other sides

Does Melb still take Jackson ahead of Anderson? I’m unsure either way

It still pisses me off, thinking about it
Definitely not until Jackson gave them the news they didn't want to hear.

They were taking Jackson come hell or high water at the time.

Does Melb still take Jackson ahead of Anderson? I’m unsure either way

It still pisses me off, thinking about it
And if Anderson can stick it out so far at the GCS it would seem Adelaide wouldn't have been a problem though mate Rowell might be the difference there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have no current, perhaps Tex. On second half of year form Fogarty.

Thilthorpe and Rachelle we hope.

Watching Dawson stroll around with ball in hand is a thing of beauty. That we play him as an accountable defender is typically *ed. He’s an A grader, we just choose to use him in a C grade role.

Unless we’ve used the “few levers” to open the game up. Otherwise known to we mere mortals as moving Jordan up the ground and ignoring his opponent. “LEVERS”, * me they’re simple.

I forget how much I loathe these kind of discussions.

You get 1000 different, slightly nuanced definition of the same phrase of "A Grader" as it has no objective meaning.

We then spend 20 pages getting trapped in forever more tedious arguments as to semantics.

I loathe October on this site.
No we don’t.

How many genuine A graders do we have at the moment on the list - for the sake of this thread assume Rankine is on the list. Would have loved to have done this list say in 2015 and compare our 2015 list to our 2022 list.
It’s a bit tricky to compare the past to the current squad. Back in 2015 you can see who the A-graders are with the benefit of hindsight. In 2022, with most the team still too young, it’s more an estimate guess to know who will be genuine A-graders as opposed to B/B+. Bearing in mind also to be an A-grader you need to be pretty darn good and pretty darn consistent for an entire season. Most AFL players usually can’t be really consistent until after their 3rd or 4th seasons.

I think if we’re talking the now, I’d say Tex, Laird and Dawson are A graders. I also think Fog is on the cusp of being one too, if he can keep it at the same level (or better) in his last 2 months of footy this season. Berry, Rachele and Soligo are also high probability in the next 1-2 seasons to up their game into A-graders.

We have one A grader and he's 32. Our list is horrendous but obviously by no means the fault of the football department that built the list. Aliens!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back