How many A-Graders on our list?

Remove this Banner Ad

How many a graders did the buldogs have last year probably one and they won the flag. Richmond have three and have not one a final, my point is you need them. But having them does not ensure success what we need is five more skilled players wether they b or a is not relevant.

Preuss, Brown, LMac? They have just as much chance of becoming A-graders as Ahern.

Preuss no, he will have a ceiling in my view but ruckman are hard to work out before 25.

Brown is s good B maybe B+. Has one good skill (running and marking any highest point)but average in most others.

Luke, might be if he follows the Hodge recipe. Most likely of the 3. Ahern the only one with elite attributes.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

LMac? Not even close. Brown? Great at kicking and marking but cannot dominate a game
Love that the only ones we can put up are based on potential. Preuss? Simpkin? Ahern?

Tarrant - Yes

Daylight

Cunners, not A grade but our next best. Marley Williams probably more consistent and Higgo has more class.

Daylight

Everyone else

A grade Tarrant

Capable of A grade performances but not A grade Cunnington, Higgins, Waite, LMac

LMac the only one of that group with the potential to become an A grader.

Wood, Brown and Marley also have A grade potential.

Jury still out on the potential of Preuss, Simpkin, Garner - simply seen too little of them to tell if they can take the step up.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

The lack of respect for Cunnington is astounding

Hardly a lack of respect. Pretty much everyone has said he is the second best player at the club. You might think he is A grade material, but people thinking he is just below that level is far from disrespectful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cunnington is most certainly an A grader when he is not playing injured.

He absolutely carries us when he is right.

We got hammered in the last half of 2016 after he was hurt in the geelong game.

The same thing is happening this year after the Melbourne game.

Cunnington is most certainly an A grader when he is not playing injured.

He absolutely carries us when he is right.

We got hammered in the last half of 2016 after he was hurt in the geelong game.

The same thing is happening this year after the Melbourne game.

Sometimes the difference between A graders and potential A graders is the ability to preform when carrying injuries

A grade for their position
Tarrant
Williams (you can only grade it on his year so far, he is elite for his position/role)

B to B+ Grade
Cunnington
Higgins
Ben Brown (in the top 10 for goal kicking)

I'd nearly even put Goldy as a B......def a B-. Still a good ruckman just way off his former self and perhaps why people are being so critical.

Potential A graders from what we've seen:
Goldy (he is obviously carrying something)
Lmac
Cunnington

Not going to say any of the young kids at the moment as way too early to make that call.

Hardly a lack of respect. Pretty much everyone has said he is the second best player at the club. You might think he is A grade material, but people thinking he is just below that level is far from disrespectful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you don't think Cunnington is an A grader you either have a lack of respect for what he does or you have no idea what you are watching .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you don't think Cunnington is an A grader you either have a lack of respect for what he does or you have no idea what you are watching .
Or you have seen the games he stinks it up. its consitency that is only keeping cunners from a grade. There have been 2 games at least that cunners has played this year that an a grader wouldnt have turned out.

Cunnington this season and maybe Higgo but Who's to blame for lack of genuine A class players who are consistent and genuine stars of the comp?

Or you have seen the games he stinks it up. its consitency that is only keeping cunners from a grade. There have been 2 games at least that cunners has played this year that an a grader wouldnt have turned out.
Yeah because stars never have bad games ... Jesus Christ

Tarrant and Cunnington are already
Brown and L-Mac will be, possibly are now. Brown in a better side would be considered A grade I reckon

Tarrent is the only A grader. Cunnington can play to an A grade standard and is our best mid by far but his lack of defensive running and fluctuation of performance holds him back. He is extremely vulnerable when not 100% fit. Being unable to play well with injury is probably the main thing that sets him back.

Higgins has A grade traits but he tries to do too much, goes missing and often gets stopped in his tracks, his goalkicking is also awful.

That's about it. Can't say Williams or Simkin or Ahern are A graders, potential is a dirty word and with our record of poor player development, I can't say I'm confident that any of these guys will be A graders.

Middle of the road meh draft picks, average recruiting and as mentioned poor player development is what has put us in this spot..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back