How many afl matches have you attended 2020 and 2021 Melbourne games

Remove this Banner Ad

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
For 2020 was 1 (not sure which game though was at Marvel)
and 2021 was 2 (round 1 Pies v dogs mcg and round 2 pies v blues mcg) Also attended the nab community preseason game collingwood v richmond at marvel was around mid feb

Only used my MCC membership card twice. Did go to the cricket test though only 1 day. Think mcg was 25% we played India and very limited i attended day 2.

no vfl games used to go to the vfl alot but way before covid times. I went to port melbourne oval alot and junction oval and punt rd.

AFLW attended carlton v collingwood in 2020 at princess park was in feb 2020 Pies won and again in 2021 i attended both.
AFL practice match carlton v collingwood again same day princess park feb 2020

other AFLW was Collingwood v Melbourne vic park feb 2021 and Collingwood v saint kilda vic park feb 2021 i worked at both in patron services.
Also attended VFLW at Olympic park oval v geelong and another game too not sure who we played though.

Sometimes i go and see Collingwood train during the week during the season whether it been mens and or girls teams.

2020 I didn't attend a game.

Went to 7 games this year.

2020 - none because the whole place went into lockdown round 1. I don't count the practice match against the Saints at Moorabbin (as fun as that was).

2021 - Made it to nine AFL games and a couple of VFL games to boot. Given the circumstances we're currently in, I'll take that. I'd assumed at the start of the season I'd be lucky to get to any games.

that 1 and only in 2020 was the state of origin bushfire appeal match was the last time there was full crowds too in melbourne was also a aflw game prior to the bushfire game was collingwood v melbourne aflw game

Think the twenty20 womens cricket final aussies v india at the mcg was the same week or 2 too was just before the avalance of the covid too. Was the last time there was 80k or so at the mcg too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to 3 games this year. Saw us get robbed against the Cats in round 2, however that was all forgotten once I witnessed Bailey sink the Pies and put it through the big sticks after the siren with my best mate (lions supporting). Best live football experience ever.

Last edited:
Richmond v Dees and it sucked.

Soent ages navigating Tickettek/ticketmaster. Upgrade cost $80 and the seats were garbage. Half the food/boozers were closed so it was a fifteen minute wait for chippies and the campaigners didnt even put salt on it.
Dusty Martin got absolutely thrashed by Pig Hibberd and was too scared to come out after half time. Richmond didn’t give a yelp.

2020: 1 game (Marsh Community game vs North Melb)

2021: 6 games (AAMI vs Melb, Rnds 2, 3, 5, 7, 17)

0 last year

All North games in Melbourne this year plus 7 games at the G where I work casually as an attendant. Really miss working at the finals and GF. My favourite day of the year is GF day, it’s Melbourne at it’s best. Hopefully next year.

2020 - 9 (9x Adelaide Oval - All Adelaide games bar the 2k Port Showdown, but got into the Port-Richmond prelim)
2021 - 11 (9x Adelaide Oval, 1x UTAS Stadium, 1x Cazalys Stadium - All Adelaide games in Adelaide bar GWS and Brisbane games, also got to the away Hawthorn and St Kilda games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back