How many centurions over the last decade do you remember?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
http://www.sporcle.com/games/ghosty/2000s_centurions

If you have 20 minutes to waste, give this a go. Impossible to get all of them, because there is no way you can remember that much useless information. I ended up with 102 out of 174, missing some pretty big and some extremely small names (won't name them just yet to make it harder for you :thumbsu:).

And before anyone complains theres no Shaun Marsh, Suresh Raina etc. it's only for the noughties (2000-2009).

only 91 for me! geez it was more difficult than i thought. when the results were revealed, i was amazed i missed such straight forward players. anyway got 19 from the top 20 but fell away from there.

if ever there was a time to display your spelling skills for the pakistani, sri lankan cricketers etc, now would be it!

Ah got 80. Didn't realise until the end that you don't need to type the first name. I spent forever trying to get the correct spelling.

I missed some big ones - Waugh, Hussey, Gibbs, Thorpe, Katich, Watson.

Yep mate I too missed Waugh & Gibbs....also the likes of Dhoni and Trescothick

I got 80.

Most obvious misses were De villiers, Dhoni and Hussain (which I had but spelt it Hussein).

Most obscure get was Matt Horne.

Was pretty happy with my get of Geraint Jones, thought he made a century against us in the Ashes, turns out he didn't, but had made one earlier in his career.

Tried to get Masakadza, but I couldn't spell his name. Didn't get Gripper.

Missed Katich!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you found that fun/interesting, then try this one - all the five wicket haul takers over the same time period: http://www.sporcle.com/games/ghosty/2000s_5_bags

I ended up with 81, highest miss was a little know left arm off spinner from Bangladesh who took seven five wicket hauls and had a best of 6/77, next biggest miss has just had his career ended pretty recently. Only missed two Australians, both were lesser known legends who didn't play as much as they desrved to. Some very interesting names in there, that just make you go how the hell does he have a Michelle.

This actually helped me quite a bit, I remembered names off it I came across when I use to play it 5-6 years ago.

RickyPontingCricket_Box.jpg

Got 105, worst misses would be Astle, Jayasuria and North. Best get was jimmy adams because i typed in adams thinking paul may have got one

After a brief pause to check spelling of names like Sangakkara, I got 125/175 with still another 6 missed through bad spelling (Guy Whittall, Azharadin, Vermeulen, Crawley (I wrote Frawley), Tillakaratne etc).

Of the most notable I failed to get Thorpe, Gambhir, Hinds, Jaffer and Ashrafal. I remembered Ashrafal, but could only remember his name was Mohammed. Spent a fair amount of time trying to figure out who the West Indian in the top % was if it wasn't Lara or Chanderpaul - was of course Chris Gayle. I failed to get Symonds and Hughes.

Very frustratingly I also missed Kumble and Mustaq after spending a while wracking my brains trying to think of bowlers who had tonned up. I did poorly on the Zimbots as well.

Most proud of getting Deep Dasgupta.

Don't have to spell their first names, just their last names. Funnily enough I got all of the notable ones you didn't, but didn't think of any that you missed through spelling!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back