How many chances does Finch get???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Thread starter #102
Another specatuclar display of failure from Finch again tonight. Went as close as he ever has in costing us an entire match single-handedly. Chews a mean gum though. Would no doubt be stoked just to get a free KFC feed after the game.

The guys had more chances than a monopoly set.

Patron

Genuine Shuperstar
AFL Club
West Coast
The worst thing about his innings today. He got out running the ball to third man. At best that shot gets him a single. When we are chasing 10 runs an over a single is a failure. To get out playing a shot which is a failure even if it succeeds really frustrates me. Looking at the ball if he had swung at it classic lofted drive/slog style it could have easily been six.

Leeda

Talons B Sharp
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roger, Serena, Rafa, Novak
I was going to say what was wrong but I am shut to the door..
the lad is growing in leaps and bounds.

DaRick

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
He acquitted himself fairly well.

I'm still unconvinced that his technique can survive conditions with any real movement on offer, but he might well have earned himself a chance to find out.

gbatman

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Justice League
Still looks vulnerable to the length/short of a length ball outside off stump that moves a bit. The bat goes at the ball but the feet don't move.

I think opening in the sub continent has been a good call. But on pace friendly wickets I'd like to see Finch bat 5-7th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eddiesmith

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England Cronulla
Given he outscored every other player bar 1 in the team and that 1 might be out injured, it’s safe to say he should play every test this summer.

But this is a new era and there could be another WA spud that JL loves...

The Swans Blog

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Swans Blog
Probably won't play in Sydney, his form just doesn't warrant selection. Has been a walking wicket the entire series, practically throwing away his wicket every chance he gets.

Averages 33 with a high of 62 in his 8 tests, currently averaging 16.2 this series with a high of 50. Has 4 innings of 11 or lower, with his others 25 and 50.

Last edited:

Bicco

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos
Can't think of one 'good' reason why he should play in Sydney. Has brought nothing to the side apart from exposing the top order to the new ball. Made 50 when India bowled poorly and has neither the technique nor the temperament for a test opener.

eddiesmith

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England Cronulla
Can't think of one 'good' reason why he should play in Sydney. Has brought nothing to the side apart from exposing the top order to the new ball. Made 50 when India bowled poorly and has neither the technique nor the temperament for a test opener.
He is a right handed and every suggested replacement is a leftie, Jadeja and Ashwin will eat them alive in Sydney

I’d like to see him given 1 shot at no6, bring in a new opener. It’s unlike Australia to make major changes in the middle of a series and Mitch Marsh is no1 out the door surely?

Bicco

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos
He is a right handed and every suggested replacement is a leftie, Jadeja and Ashwin will eat them alive in Sydney

I’d like to see him given 1 shot at no6, bring in a new opener. It’s unlike Australia to make major changes in the middle of a series and Mitch Marsh is no1 out the door surely?
Finch has been eaten and shat out.

SunshineTiger

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC

When Victoria was asked they said he wasn’t an opener. Justine langer says they know nothing,

Play him in the middle order instead of the other spud marsh

AFL Club
Fremantle

Joe Burns is left handed?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Upgrayedd

A Vote for Clive is a Vote for Justice
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
I’d put him in the middle order and see how he goes there. It’s not like we are overflowing with options as it is
Pretty much

The repeated experiment has failed with him opening. Not going to say turf him out since We're pretty short on options but him opening has not worked out at all. in all bar one innings all he's done is allow Usman to have an extra 10 minutes to relax before he bats

Top Bottom