How many chances does Finch get???

Remove this Banner Ad

He is a right handed and every suggested replacement is a leftie, Jadeja and Ashwin will eat them alive in Sydney

I’d like to see him given 1 shot at no6, bring in a new opener. It’s unlike Australia to make major changes in the middle of a series and Mitch Marsh is no1 out the door surely?

Given he’s out by the time Ashwin and Jadeja are likely to bowl I’d say Finch won’t trouble Jadeja or Ashwin either

Think I'd almost rather watch Julien Weiner or John Dyson open and that was never any fun.
Geez, our batting trough is low at moment.
I remember when Ponting retired, Johnson was already on his way out, and Clarke was struggling to hold the team together at the seams, just how bad it seemed then. Boy, were we wrong.

I remember when Ponting retired, Johnson was already on his way out, and Clarke was struggling to hold the team together at the seams, just how bad it seemed then. Boy, were we wrong.

True, we were pretty s**t around 2008, but only got worse. I'm already looking to next generation and given up on this one being any good.
I reckon our 18 to 20 year old bats look a talented bunch but will not see them at international level for at least 3 years, sadly. I'd almost play them early I have such little confidence in batsmen in current generation. How old was Tendulkar when he first played Test cricket?

True, we were pretty s**t around 2008, but only got worse. I'm already looking to next generation and given up on this one being any good.
I reckon our 18 to 20 year old bats look a talented bunch but will not see them at international level for at least 3 years, sadly. I'd almost play them early I have such little confidence in batsmen in current generation. How old was Tendulkar when he first played Test cricket?
16 I think. One of the few players to have played across four decades, from 1989-2013

How old was Lara when he made his debut. Fairly sure I remember him starting out when Viv Richards and Greenidge were still around? Or maybe I am thinking of Carl Hopper.

How old was Lara when he made his debut. Fairly sure I remember him starting out when Viv Richards and Greenidge were still around? Or maybe I am thinking of Carl Hopper.

21 I think - 1990s debut? Greenidge yes (only one game though), Viv no.

Think I'd almost rather watch Julien Weiner or John Dyson open and that was never any fun.
Geez, our batting trough is low at moment.

Rob Kerr?
Wayne Phillips?
Geoff Marsh?

you'd possibly take Phillips on account of his occasionally attractive strokeplay and wispy blonde moustache (but not his keeping); Dyson did however take that one excellent catch and was good for a gritty 49 every now and then ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

batting form not great, in terms of captaincy to be fair it is a 2nd string bowling attack he's working with this ODI series. he avoided bowling siddle at the end like people were hoping he would, but that meant he had to bowl dorff instead.

batting form not great, in terms of captaincy to be fair it is a 2nd string bowling attack he's working with this ODI series. he avoided bowling siddle at the end like people were hoping he would, but that meant he had to bowl dorff instead.

The other thing with the captaincy is this series is trying people out, he is probably under instructions to bowl certain bowlers at the death to see how they handle it as it’s an area Australia has struggled with for years. Hell Australia made over 90 runs from their last 10 today!

People already calling for his head and to be replaced by the big bash bully Short. The only thing worse than carrying an out of form Finch would be having Short in the team.

Rob Kerr?
Wayne Phillips?
Geoff Marsh?

you'd possibly take Phillips on account of his occasionally attractive strokeplay and wispy blonde moustache (but not his keeping); Dyson did however take that one excellent catch and was good for a gritty 49 every now and then ..
Not much love for Rick Darling in that post

I’d hope not given he has 4 centuries and 4 50’s in his last 20 innings...
While you're correct, his last 20 innings goes back to the 2016/17 series v NZ. From the SA series here last year he's scored 1 x 100 v ENG and no 50's. A better indication of form IMO and more to the point I was getting at.

and he gave us 1 ton in the last world cup in game 1, and went missing for the rest of it if I remember correctly.

the thing is though only warner, m.waugh, gilchrist and ponting have more odi tons.

The Indians have found him out. Now needs a completely remodelled technique if he's to save his career. Is a walking wicket (bowled) and the last place he should go is England against a swinging ball. Langer is wrong to persist he needs to cut now or our World Cup is toast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back