Society & Culture How many fights have you been in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Whether it be in self defence, defending others or you just like to cause trouble. Have you ever been in a physical fight? What were the reasons? How did it finish? Did it escalate into something worse?

I tend to avoid trouble whenever possible, but I've only been in a fight two times. One was against a bully in primary school who'd try to roughen me up over and over (this lasted the entire school year). He was a little bigger than me, and seem to get joy out of teasing and pushing around the quiet and shy kid. What made it worse was that he was popular, so several of the *ers joined in. That is, until one day I decided to smack his running gob with a fist. The teachers knew he was particularly unkind to me (kids can be particularly cruel) but they did SFA about it. He pretty much left me alone and avoided me after that, typical s**t-for-brains who was all talk, but when it came down to it, was a weak coward.

Another time when I was 12, a couple of 13-year old shits next door thought it was a good idea to play football with a live, injured mouse that couldn't get away or defend itself. Even at that young age I particularly detested people who were cruel to animals, and these two were treating the animal like an inanimate object. Heard one of them say they were going to stick needles in its eyes. Confronted them about wtf they were doing, and after a bit of pushing and shoving, I broke the lead guy's nose. Did I get in trouble for it? No, because I said I was defending myself from harm while trying to save an animal from being tortured.

Thankfully in my adult life I've never been in a physical altercation, nor had any opportunity for a situation to escalate into one.

Whether it be in self defence, defending others or you just like to cause trouble. Have you ever been in a physical fight? What were the reasons? How did it finish? Did it escalate into something worse?

I tend to avoid trouble whenever possible, but I've only been in a fight two times. One was against a bully in primary school who'd try to roughen me up over and over (this lasted the entire school year). He was a little bigger than me, and seem to get joy out of teasing and pushing around the quiet and shy kid. What made it worse was that he was popular, so several of the ******s joined in. That is, until one day I decided to smack his running gob with a fist. The teachers knew he was particularly unkind to me (kids can be particularly cruel) but they did SFA about it. He pretty much left me alone and avoided me after that, typical s**t-for-brains who was all talk, but when it came down to it, was a weak coward.

Another time when I was 12, a couple of 13-year old shits next door thought it was a good idea to play football with a live, injured mouse that couldn't get away or defend itself. Even at that young age I particularly detested people who were cruel to animals, and these two were treating the animal like an inanimate object. Heard one of them say they were going to stick needles in its eyes. Confronted them about wtf they were doing, and after a bit of pushing and shoving, I broke the lead guy's nose. Did I get in trouble for it? No, because I said I was defending myself from harm while trying to save an animal from being tortured.

Thankfully in my adult life I've never been in a physical altercation, nor had any opportunity for a situation to escalate into one.

* I hate people who mistreat animals. I would have buried them. And I'm not usually a violent person.

When I was 13 at school camp a kid made fun of me for something so I walked up and pushed him as hard as I could into a wall, he started crying and I got growled at for it.

When I was 16 after a bit of underage drinking, I started punching a dude in the nose and side of the head because I had had problems with him all year. Wasn't a bully/victim scenario, we were both just kind of dicks.

When I was 17 was involved in a mini-brawl at a house party. I only had a tentative connection to the participants but again I was drunk and so I pushed some dudes around and ended up getting punched in the nose. Not sure by who or what happened exactly tbh.

When I was 19 me and my friend got into a fight at the Deen (used to be a club in perf) It got broken up and funnily enough nobody was kicked out for that. Later one, one of the dudes we were fighting sucker punched another guy and got booted for it.

That is it really, plenty of 'close calls',confrontations, posturing etc etc but not much real violence. I was a bit of a hot head and still am in some ways, but I channel my anger through yelling at people from the safety of my car or shitposting on here.

Laid out a friend after 6 months of borderline bullying over my sexuality that had started as soon as I came out, this is when I was 16.

We remained friends though, there was a kind of unspoken understanding that he had gotten what he had deserved and it would stop there.

Got in a tussle with another kid in grade 6, we landed one punch each and then it was broken up (I would have killed him I swear!). Also out on the piss one night and a dickhead mate mouthed off at 4 blokes walking past for no reason, they came back, I was closest and got dropped immediately. My mate who did the mouthing off got a bit of a touch up but they didn't go too far. My nose is still a bit crooked from that actually, I don't know if it got broken, it didn't bleed or anything.

I love watching combat sports, basically obsessed with it, doesn't inspire me to get into blues though. I do go to a boxing gym but have only done very light sparring, I'm big and pretty slow, reckon i'd cop a few if I started doing it properly ha ha

I love watching combat sports, basically obsessed with it, doesn't inspire me to get into blues though. I do go to a boxing gym but have only done very light sparring, I'm big and pretty slow, reckon i'd cop a few if I started doing it properly ha ha

Ditto. I have only been king hit, so not really a fight..but i fought back before getting my ass whopped a bit.

I love Boxing/MMA and have absolutely no urge for any type of violence, unless i witness animal cruelty. If I see a blue, i will walk the other way...not worth dying over.

Never been in a fight, only typical schoolyard push and shove but no punches and it's all just banter and in good fun. Closest I've come would be playing footy, there's been a couple of big all-ins when I've been playing but I've never thrown a punch in one, just push and shove kind of stuff to back up your teammates

Was a pretty handy boxer in my younger days, something that I'm going to revisit next year.
Big fan of martial arts but too many injuries come from that, worst you'll cop from boxing is some broken ribs or a nose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The worst one was a couple bays over iirc at a Collingwood v Geelong pre season match.

I have actually seen a couple at the footy. Against Richmond down in Geelong in 2017 there were a few blokes within the Richmond cheersquad who looked to be punching on, and I saw some scuffles going on up in the standing room at the Melbourne game this year

I have actually seen a couple at the footy. Against Richmond down in Geelong in 2017 there were a few blokes within the Richmond cheersquad who looked to be punching on, and I saw some scuffles going on up in the standing room at the Melbourne game this year

Oh yeah i think i remember that.

That one outside the footy the 3 on one old bloke on the ground, iirc they're in court now about it. Disgraceful.

Oh yeah i think i remember that.

That one outside the footy the 3 on one old bloke on the ground, iirc they're in court now about it. Disgraceful.

Nah not sure of that one, for the former I just remember Harry Taylor kicking a goal to seal the game, and then some push and shove down in the Richmond cheersquad, and for the latter the Melbourne one was the one in the media a fair bit, the one up in the standing room after the game

Nah not sure of that one, for the former I just remember Harry Taylor kicking a goal to seal the game, and then some push and shove down in the Richmond cheersquad, and for the latter the Melbourne one was the one in the media a fair bit, the one up in the standing room after the game

No it wasnt a Geelong game- some Richmond game outside the G. Has been on the news.

only 1 fight I can recall. was 17, enjoying some underage drinking. some guys from high school who'd had a problem with me for years starts yelling at me, I yell back, we get closer, he swings a punch, I swing a punch. we both land some good hits, both bloodied

we end up drinking together

guys are weird

I'm a bit of a smartarse and have never been one to shy from confrontation, so it's surprising to me that I've never actually been in a physical battle. There have been people who have threatened to do s**t, but they never follow through

Closest call came a few years ago on my first day at a new high school. Let me just say in advance, I was a lot looser and belligerent with my mouth in HS than I am now. Was living in Craigieburn on packet soups and ramen, so back then I really felt like I had nothing to lose. Some girl had been pointing at me and talking to her friends earlier. I was a defensive 16yo and assumed the worst, so when she came up to me and asked if I was the new girl, I was cold. I said, 'yeah I am' and she responded, 'oh, that's cool!', to which I blurted out without thinking, 'how the * is it cool?'. I sort of laughed at her and she didn't know what to say and walked off.

Ten minutes later, am sitting in the yard mingling with some other girls I'd met, and the girl who had come up to me before taps me on the shoulder and asks me to stand up. So I stand up and ask her what the problem is. She said that I'd given her attitude before and that she didn't like my tone. I told her that it's her issue and she shoule deal with it in her own time. She calls her friends over - a mix of morbidly obese and athletic Islander and wog girls, and says 'The new girl is giving me attitude'. By this stage, everyone's stopped playing basketball and whatever else they're doing around us to come and watch.

Spend the next 10 minutes being told by these girls that one of their girls has just come back from juvy for putting another girl in a coma with one punch, and that she's not afraid to do the same to me. I tell them they're all bark no bite and that if they were going to do it, they'd have done it by now instead of running their '******* fat mouths'. So dumb in hindsight - could have easily ended up dead given the cavalry. Situation somehow de-escalates and they end up sitting down with me for the rest of lunch and becoming friends with me. For the next couple years, ex juvy girl was one of my closest acquaintances

Having a sharp tongue has rarely worked against me. Only has made these aggressor types warm to me more for some reason. I doubt my day will ever come because I'm a lot more civilised and street smart now than back then

Im badass and have never lost a fight.

-year 9 i had long hair. Somone who was 2 years older came up and slapped gum in my hair. So i went and punched him in the face. So his friends kicked the s**t out of me

Couple when i was younger playing basketball. One guy grabbed me by the throat so i hit him. Qas banned for a month. Other guy isnt allowed back to that chain of rec centers

One guy at a pub who thought i said something crude to his girlfriend threw a drink at me and punched me. So i hit him back and got him in a headlock and was kicked out because i was covered in booze bloody nose while this other guy was in s heap on the floor. Never heard anything about that one.

At a bar in my home down i randomly had a chair thrown at me which im a bit hazy on. Literally did nothing. Guy was jailed for 6 months for assaulting me and two other people plus drug possession

Not surprised there were fights in Cragieburn. All islanders and Indians and the occasional bogan around there these days. Ideally not a place to raise a kid. Pretty sure that kid that went to fight with ISIS went to Cragieburn HS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back