Society & Culture How many fights have you been in?

Remove this Banner Ad

I was in a fist fight at school with a friend when we were 10. Can't even remember what we fought about but we were mates from then on and all throughout high school. After that I had a few altercations with other kids playing basketball, but no fists thrown.

I've had a dozen sanctioned kickboxing fights, so there's that also.

One girl and I were havin sex and on about her third orgasm as I accidently called her by another name. Her sisters name. But it wasn't her sister I was remembering. She threw me off and started slapping, punching me and screaming. Then I banged you know what on the floor falling out of bed trying to get away. Which has gave her a few seconds to jump on top and continue to attack me. I received a well aimed kick as I tried to crawl away in agony.

I eventually got up and left the bedroom and looked myself in toilet. She got dressed and left my place and we've never spoke again.

Get into a fight most Satdees down at the local rubbity.

If some c*** looks at me they're basically asking for it. I don't take any s**t, naa mean? The other night some flog walked past and spilt some beer over me new Billabong shirt. So I waited for the dickhead outside and then clocked him one. The pigs were called but I ran away before they rocked up. Another time this metrosexual looking dude had the nerve to talk to me girlfriend without me permission. The boys and I took care of him and his w***er mates.

As far as I'm concerned you're not a real man unless you've given some punce a swift uppercut or two.

I've been in one, when I was 14. I got suspended from school for two days which meant two days of interrupted internet time whilst mother was at work

None for me.

Me and my mates in our late teens, 20's and early 30's as a group have never been involved in a fight even though we can be smart-asses on the drink, loud and a bit obnoxious. But we are fun guys to hang around and while we could get annoying never went too far and none of us are fighters. But, having said that, there are 2 or 3 of my group, that when they are with different mates they get into fights all the time. These other mates of theirs are definetly a different bunch to ours and seem to seek trouble or 'find' it.

I don't know if these 2 or 3 pull their heads in around us because we aren't looking for trouble and frown upon it or they just get caught up with their other mates and are collateral damage. 1 of them has had his ass handed to him a couple of times as well.

Never been in a real fight. Been in lots of "footy fights" when I was younger, which really means pushing, shoving and jumper punches until someone breaks it up. That's it for me.

I would say I would have been in somewhere between 15-25. Some pretty much 1 on 1 and a heap that involved many people. Probably even a couple more if you add in footy ones.

Young, stupid and a no backdown kind of attitude.

Haven't been in one for many years and avoid any chance of even getting into one these days. In fact fighting in general is pretty ******* stupid imo but sometimes in the heat of the moment dumb things happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those who haven't fought don't you all feel helpless to some extent? Can you at least throw a punch, defend yourself or run relatively fast?

I love that women have self defence classes tailored to them, I reckon there should be a similar program for the modern man.

It depends on what you mean by fight?

I was in two wars.

And working security I have been smacked once or twice, or three or four.

Once or twice even demanded I hit back.

And then there was high school in Southern California.

Now that thunderdome was the real fight for survival.

Oh and do not get me started about my two failed marriages.

There is no greater pain than being beaten up by a bitter ex wife.

It depends on what you mean by fight?

I was in two wars.

And working security I have been smacked once or twice, or three or four.

Once or twice even demanded I hit back.

And then there was high school in Southern California.

Now that thunderdome was the real fight for survival.

Oh and do not get me started about my two failed marriages.

There is no greater pain than being beaten up by a bitter ex wife.
Hand to hand combat. Going back a few decades I'd say a majority of men would know what it feels like to get smacked in the head and how to throw a jab. Today, I would be surprised if more than 5% of males could throw a hard punch without breaking their wrist or a finger/thumb.

Martial arts should be taught in every school.

I see your point, if the marital art is tied to the spiritual art of knowing when not to throw a punch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back