How many games of footy do you watch in a week?

Remove this Banner Ad

meesy

Cancelled
Apr 14, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm curious to know if there's anyone out there that watches all nine games each weekend. I imagine if such a person exists they'd be right into big footy. It'd be easier as well at the moment with the lockdown in Victoria. Does your interpretation of what happens on field improve as you watch more games? Do umpire decisions ever make more sense? Do you gain a better eye for strategies and setups purely just by watching what's given to us by fox? Interested to hear your thoughts.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
I watch at the very least 2, if not 4-5 every week. I'll watch the Port game obviously and the 'marquee match' of the round or the Friday night game. If I don't have a busy weekend I'll watch a couple of Saturday and Sunday games.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
More since I got Kayo beginning of last season.

However, if my team is playing well I'll watch atleast half, likely more. If not maybe one or two.

rumply

Hall of Famer
Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles
Used to watch 6 or 7, occasionally 8, fairly religiously, these days maybe 5 at most & usually most of those are sort of half watching while doing something else, still enjoy it but have a lower threshold for poor quality or over officiated games, will switch that s**t off real quick.

Dirty Bird

Pokémon Master
Aug 1, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
#BostonStrong #RiseUp
when the crows are flying - 3-6 games a week
when the crows are struggling - max 1 game a week

so this year? any Crows game that DOESNT fall on a Saturday afternoon

Asapartyhat

Hat wearer
Apr 25, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
stirling senators
One most weekends.Maximum of three a week but rarely more than one Eagles game and a bit of background Fremantle .Not going to Optus much this season with only one corporate box visit and one other game watched live .Interest definetly down on previous seasons..

Last edited:

Bungeye

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
If your a guy who watches 4 or more games a round, than you would be disillusioned with the quality of footy. If you watch the less, you would think the quality is much better.

Roobs321

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
About 2-3 usually. Try to watch most QLD teams, still fond of the NSW teams, WCE when I can, and the occasional other match which piques my interest.

The commentary and coverage in general declined in enjoyment in 2012 when C7 got sole-rights, but before then I was in my early 20s, still did a bit of fantasy football, and would religiously catch most FTA football games I could unless I had something better to do.

juss

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I usually watch some of each game every week, that might be a quarter, or a half, or parts of each quarter depending on the scores, but il usually flick through and check each game out at some point especially during lockdown.

Will watch the whole game involving my own team obviously, or if its a really good game or game of interest. But usually only chunks of other games. Often it's on while I'm doing other things too its great in the background.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PP34

Finals MVP
Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Used to probably watch 3-4 with one or two of those maybe being while at a bar or mates.

During this lockdown I've been watching almost the entire round, but a few of the games are basically background noise. Don't know why either as there has been some terribly bad football to watch.

NetworkNerd

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
AFL Member so all clubs I guess.
Watched portions of every game. Usually have it on the background in the lounge whilst I am gaming on my phone or cooking etc

Alesana

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Being in Melbourne, listening to 2-3 on the radio and watching the other 6-7

Astro_

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
1 being my team, and maybe a quarter here and there of another match or two that may interest me. Usually just check the progressive scores on my phone.

DERRINALPHIL

Premiership Player
Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
Ain't much to do, no Ammos, and the footy is keeping me sane so I watch them all. I turn off if it turns into a massacre.

The wife is starting to watch most as well.

I want them to play nearly every day next year. Play more shorter games.

Remove this Banner Ad