How many games of footy do you watch in a week?

Remove this Banner Ad

projectv

mostly nonsense
May 27, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Most weeks it will be Saints games + a couple of others each week.

1-2 on the radio each week while doing other things.

I used to watch a lot more. The reason I watch less is mainly Channel 7 ruining everything they touch.

Percel

Percel doesn't like microwave meals
Feb 6, 2013
ACT
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I only watch North Melbourne highlights.

So probably 2-4 minutes per week.

hawkman

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I only watch North Melbourne highlights.

So probably 2-4 minutes per week.
They can find that much vision to pad out to 2 minutes

Usually just the full Hawthorn game, will usually keep an eye on the scores of other games and then watch the last quarter if it is close. First time in my life I'm more likely to watch a full NRL game than a full AFL game

Jibroni

Club Legend
Jun 14, 2017
Adelaide
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, AC Milan, North Adelaide
Just Dees and sometimes Brisbane, most games are boring including ours

BIRDBRAIN

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Only Eagles games usually, unless mates are heavily invested in a game and are talking about it on snapchat I'll watch it so I can chime in on what's going.

Barrysballs

Club Legend
Mar 19, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I use to watch 5-6, this year 1-2 . I'm not ashamed to say I have no idea what the rules are , if someone asked I couldn't honestly tell them how the game is umpired . It just makes no sense anymore so have lost interest

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

RichLeMonde

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2019
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Celtics
Used to watch around 4. Now rarely more than 1. Was the proud to show the game to a mate from OS recently but watching it through his eyes it was a bit embarrassing was a bad spectacle it’s become.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Percel

Percel doesn't like microwave meals
Feb 6, 2013
ACT
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They can find that much vision to pad out to 2 minutes

When they run out, you get about 60 seconds to see if you recognise any players, and you also get to hear the team song at the start.

RunningBounce

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
I used to watch 4 or 5 a week, when I knew what the rules were. I really enjoy the "modern game", but I lose the flow of it with free kicks for things that used to be play on. And once I've lost the flow, I disengage. The momentum of the game is a fair chunk of the fun of it, for me.

Not to bag the umpies. Their probably doing a great job, but who would know? Change the rules continually and its bound to leave the punters confused about where we're up to now. The very same action that was dropping the ball in Rnd 1 is play on now. But it really fixed up that pesky congestion, huh.

greatwhiteshark

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
Try to watch every eagles game, the rest of the games I have little interest in.
Loved the sport when it was Australian Rules Football, but this new hybrid version called AFL I struggle to watch.

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Right now I watch most games at kayo cos I'm bored af staying home day in day out. Usually I'll watch maybe 3 to 4 matches every weekend.

Mikey13G

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2018
The People's Republic of Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
They should increase the quarters to 20 minutes again. Hopefully that would increase the fatigue and get the games more free flowing. Watching Carlton v GWS tonight was ugly. Yesterday's game of Richmond V Fremantle wasn't much better...

Milanista28

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I think I've missed maybe 3 or 4 games this season and that's cause there was 2 on at once. Got nothing else to do.

Achin joints

Debutant
Jun 21, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'd watch nearly all games a few yrs ago ,the more the game got fiddled with the more I found myself losing interest ,turned last yrs grand final off ,first time ever

Xtreme

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm curious to know if there's anyone out there that watches all nine games each weekend. I imagine if such a person exists they'd be right into big footy. It'd be easier as well at the moment with the lockdown in Victoria. Does your interpretation of what happens on field improve as you watch more games? Do umpire decisions ever make more sense? Do you gain a better eye for strategies and setups purely just by watching what's given to us by fox? Interested to hear your thoughts.

I watch more classic football games (mostly Hawthorn, but also throw on neutral team games) each week than I do regular season games. Sometimes its just 2-3 games, other times it's 5+.

giggler99

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
It’s becoming extremely difficult to watch any game of football in its entirely lately! Frankly most matches are boring the s**t out of me!

Mitchell Madness

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 17, 2006
???
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins(NFL)
Used to watch 4-5 games per week.
Now only watch hawks games.

The constant "company line" commentary does my head in

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Having issues streaming Kayo from my iphone/ipad onto my tv which is driving me bonkers enough that I only watch the C7 games unless its Carlton.

HTT

B2B
Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
They should increase the quarters to 20 minutes again. Hopefully that would increase the fatigue and get the games more free flowing. Watching Carlton v GWS tonight was ugly. Yesterday's game of Richmond V Fremantle wasn't much better...
Fatigue is literally causing the problems right now.

Remove this Banner Ad