How many games of footy do you watch in a week?

Remove this Banner Ad

meesy

Cancelled
Apr 14, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm curious to know if there's anyone out there that watches all nine games each weekend. I imagine if such a person exists they'd be right into big footy. It'd be easier as well at the moment with the lockdown in Victoria. Does your interpretation of what happens on field improve as you watch more games? Do umpire decisions ever make more sense? Do you gain a better eye for strategies and setups purely just by watching what's given to us by fox? Interested to hear your thoughts.

I watch at the very least 2, if not 4-5 every week. I'll watch the Port game obviously and the 'marquee match' of the round or the Friday night game. If I don't have a busy weekend I'll watch a couple of Saturday and Sunday games.

More since I got Kayo beginning of last season.

However, if my team is playing well I'll watch atleast half, likely more. If not maybe one or two.

Used to watch 6 or 7, occasionally 8, fairly religiously, these days maybe 5 at most & usually most of those are sort of half watching while doing something else, still enjoy it but have a lower threshold for poor quality or over officiated games, will switch that s**t off real quick.

If your a guy who watches 4 or more games a round, than you would be disillusioned with the quality of footy. If you watch the less, you would think the quality is much better.

About 2-3 usually. Try to watch most QLD teams, still fond of the NSW teams, WCE when I can, and the occasional other match which piques my interest.

The commentary and coverage in general declined in enjoyment in 2012 when C7 got sole-rights, but before then I was in my early 20s, still did a bit of fantasy football, and would religiously catch most FTA football games I could unless I had something better to do.

I usually watch some of each game every week, that might be a quarter, or a half, or parts of each quarter depending on the scores, but il usually flick through and check each game out at some point especially during lockdown.

Will watch the whole game involving my own team obviously, or if its a really good game or game of interest. But usually only chunks of other games. Often it's on while I'm doing other things too its great in the background.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Used to probably watch 3-4 with one or two of those maybe being while at a bar or mates.

During this lockdown I've been watching almost the entire round, but a few of the games are basically background noise. Don't know why either as there has been some terribly bad football to watch.

Watched portions of every game. Usually have it on the background in the lounge whilst I am gaming on my phone or cooking etc

1 being my team, and maybe a quarter here and there of another match or two that may interest me. Usually just check the progressive scores on my phone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back