Status in Question How many games will Dusty get rubbed out for?

Out for how many home and away games you reckon?

• 0 games

Votes: 94 27.8%
  • 2 - 4 games

Votes: 90 26.6%
  • 5 - 8 games

Votes: 67 19.8%
  • 9 - 12 games

Votes: 40 11.8%
  • 13 - 16 games

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Home and away season

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Including finals

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Never again to play in yellow and black

Votes: 28 8.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garlett and Robinson lost their jobs, Hodge paid his fines, Greene took his suspension and Clem Smith wasn't the instigator of the brawl. Greene was charged and not convicted.

Seems pretty out of place for Martin to be getting off anything less than a suspension seeing as he's far less innocent than Clem Smith.

So Greene was charged and not convicted
And Martin was not charged
And this is somehow worse ?

Keep counting your 3 games memberships an not your finals victories.

Yarran is a problem child, and like Carltons, your culture is not strong enough to deal with bad eggs, see dusty...your best player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not even in our top 3 players.

Whilst everyone is losing the plot, what would appease you all?
I honestly don't think most Richmond fans would care if Martin is suspended for games by the club.
4-5 games wouldn't bother me for getting out on the piss and getting into an altercation.
But get the feeling the lynch mob want so much more.
People need to forget this threatening to kill s**t.
It's gone.
Drunk? Yep
Altercation ? Yep
Stupid? Yep
Suspension ? More than likely.
Massive suspension? No chance and an absolutely desperate, stupid notion.

We don't eat our own like the richmond "faithful", mircowaving membership and dumping manure at the club is a richmond thing.

We sack our misbehaving players, that's why you have Yarran and we no longer have garlett, robbo, bootsma etc.

Id imagine clem would be on the same warning, regardless if he was the 1st or the 44th player on our list. The fact that richmond differentiate between who gets punished for what depending on how good a player is, due to hardwicks lack of balls, is probably why he's never won a final in 7 years in charge and the club hasn't won one in 15 years.

If a player is involved in a physical assault at my club id like them suspended, whether they are a first or ten year player.

Seems the standards are lower at the blues.

If we give him 8 I will be proud of us.
We shouldn't be hanging our hat on the fact the victim didn't want to be involved in police case due to likelihood of her being named. Who can blame her. She was the victim of Dustys threats and is the one being blasted by many on social media. Imagine her ordeal if named.
If we slap him with a fine and a couple of games we are a joke. We are Carlton. We are the Saints of the 80's.
Geez its time we become a strong club.

We shouldn't be hanging our hat on the fact the victim didn't want to be involved in police case due to likelihood of her being named. Who can blame her. She was the victim of Dustys threats and is the one being blasted by many on social media. Imagine her ordeal if named.
If we slap him with a fine and a couple of games we are a joke. We are Carlton. We are the Saints of the 80's.
Nice to see a Richmond supporter that gets it.

I know when I'm afraid of my name getting out I go to the media instead of the police. I mean that's just logic right there.

Lets just say that I accused you of the same thing and your employer asked the police to investigate. The police then viewed cctv and interviewed witnesses and concluded that no crime was committed. Would you expect your employer to suspend you from work for 2 months just to please the lynch mob.

Lets just say that I accused you of the same thing and your employer asked the police to investigate. The police then viewed cctv and interviewed witnesses and concluded that no crime was committed. Would you expect your employer to suspend you from work for 2 months just to please the lynch mob.

I don't give a rats about the lynch mob. Dusty deserves to be suspended because the Richmond football club should not tolerate behaviour like his. Simple. It's a disgrace. I want to support a strong club. That's all.

Are you basing the 8 weeks on this incident in isolation, or the general cumulative Dustin Martin "vibe"?

I don't give a rats about the lynch mob. Dusty deserves to be suspended because the Richmond football club should not tolerate behaviour like his. Simple. It's a disgrace. I want to support a strong club. That's all.
So 8 weeks for being drunk

What's her name?
It was said on 3aw rumour file a few weeks back and has been circulating Facebook
Your point proves nothing. Saying the media is more likely to keep a secret than the Australian legal system is a joke. The media is the literal opposite of what you're suggesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So 8 weeks for being drunk

Yes I'd like to see that. He needs a big shake up. I don't doubt that he threatened the lady for one second.
I also wouldn't be surprised if he was more than just drunk.
I'd like to see our club make a strong statement. It's time we became successful. It's been too long.

Yes I'd like to see that. He needs a big shake up. I don't doubt that he threatened the lady for one second.
I also wouldn't be surprised if he was more than just drunk.
I'd like to see our club make a strong statement. It's time we became successful. It's been too long.
What are the references for this claim that "successful clubs suspend their best players for off field indiscretions"? Hawks just won a flag after not suspending someone for actually breaking a law and being charged.

It was said on 3aw rumour file a few weeks back and has been circulating Facebook
Your point proves nothing. Saying the media is more likely to keep a secret than the Australian legal system is a joke. The media is the literal opposite of what you're suggesting.

The Australian legal system are not meant to keep her name a secret. That's my point.
And, as I thought, you along with 99% of others do not know her name.

What are the references for this claim that "successful clubs suspend their best players for off field indiscretions"? Hawks just won a flag after not suspending someone for actually breaking a law and being charged.

Geelong with Stevie J.
But I'm really not that concerned with others.
I'm concerned about us.
We should not turn a blind eye to this just because others may/do.

The Australian legal system are not meant to keep her name a secret. That's my point.
And, as I thought, you along with 99% of others do not know her name.
Can't say I remember it. Wasn't particularly memorable. was getting posted on the sen/fox/afl pages when it first broke, but they were smart enough to delete it.
Just asked my friend who is a lawyer, he wasn't 100% but said the name isn't automatically made public, and that the victim can request to not be named

Geelong with Stevie J.
But I'm really not that concerned with others.
I'm concerned about us.
We should not turn a blind eye to this just because others may/do.
well you are concerned with others. Since suggesting that it will be beneficial for the club would require some sort of historical backing

We don't eat our own like the richmond "faithful", mircowaving membership and dumping manure at the club is a richmond thing.

We sack our misbehaving players, that's why you have Yarran and we no longer have garlett, robbo, bootsma etc.

Id imagine clem would be on the same warning, regardless if he was the 1st or the 44th player on our list. The fact that richmond differentiate between who gets punished for what depending on how good a player is, due to hardwicks lack of balls, is probably why he's never won a final in 7 years in charge and the club hasn't won one in 15 years.

The great myth that Carlton don't eat their own. Great joke. Maybe we should ask Parkin, Walls, Brittain, Pagan, Malthouse and a few other coaches which have been sacked due to a rabid fan base. Wonder if they'd agree.
Tigers have moved players on as well, so Carlton isn't a special or unique club that does that.
Yarren wasn't sacked, he wanted out of a toxic environment. Big difference. Just like Henderson and Menzel did. Just like Grigg did.
The one thing SOS has done which your club finally realises, you can't buy your way out of this. *

*we still owe you for Hampson though

well you are concerned with others. Since suggesting that it will be beneficial for the club would require some sort of historical backing

Strong leadership and strong morals are never a negative.
I can only hope we show down.

The great myth that Carlton don't eat their own. Great joke. Maybe we should ask Parkin, Walls, Brittain, Pagan, Malthouse and a few other coaches which have been sacked due to a rabid fan base. Wonder if they'd agree.
Tigers have moved players on as well, so Carlton isn't a special or unique club that does that.
Yarren wasn't sacked, he wanted out of a toxic environment. Big difference. Just like Henderson and Menzel did. Just like Grigg did.
The one thing SOS has done which your club finally realises, you can't buy your way out of this. *

*we still owe you for Hampson though

Please stop using Carlton as a comparison for us. We need to lift our eyes a little.

Last edited:
Strong leadership and strong morals are never a negative.
I can only hope we show down.
That still isn't justification for the premise. Please provide references for this suggestion that suspending one of your best players will be beneficial on field

I don't need to provide references for wanting my club to suspend Dusty. I have great expectations for those lucky enough to wear the RFC jumper. I hope the leaders at our club do as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back