Status in Question How many games will Dusty get rubbed out for?

Out for how many home and away games you reckon?

• 0 games

Votes: 94 27.8%
  • 2 - 4 games

Votes: 90 26.6%
  • 5 - 8 games

Votes: 67 19.8%
  • 9 - 12 games

Votes: 40 11.8%
  • 13 - 16 games

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Home and away season

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Including finals

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Never again to play in yellow and black

Votes: 28 8.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

First I've ever heard of this.

What I do know is that as late as October Silvagni was insisting Yarran had a contract for 2016 and was a required player.

Doesn't really sound like "sacked" to me.

Maybe it had something to do with getting the best deal possible?

Better than the team they left.

Shows what players can do if they move out of an insipid culture.

Would you call a club that has been unable to win a single final in 15 years "insipid"?

Maybe it had something to do with getting the best deal possible?

I doubt it.

If Yarran had been sacked mid-year, there's no way that fact would have gone unreported, and no way that Silvagni could credibly claim he still had a contract and was required after the close of the season.

From all I've seen and heard, I think Carlton would have been perfectly happy to keep Yarran, only he was the one who wanted out. I think Yarran "sacked" Carlton, rather than the other way around.

Would you call a club that has been unable to win a single final in 15 years "insipid"?

I think you'll find that most Richmond supporters would agree our club was insipid for the last 30 years, not just the last 15.

That said, the last few years have seen considerable improvement. Richmond of today is not the same club as ten or twenty years ago.

I doubt it.

If Yarran had been sacked mid-year, there's no way that fact would have gone unreported, and no way that Silvagni could credibly claim he still had a contract and was required after the close of the season.

From all I've seen and heard, I think Carlton would have been perfectly happy to keep Yarran, only he was the one who wanted out. I think Yarran "sacked" Carlton, rather than the other way around.

Think what you want, but if I'm correct and Yarran was told he wouldn't be at the club next year, what do you think would have happened? Probably exactly what has happened...

Think what you want, but if I'm correct and Yarran was told he wouldn't be at the club next year, what do you think would have happened? Probably exactly what has happened...

"If you're correct"? "Probably" what happened?

You now seem rather less definitive than you were earlier.

I don't need to think up some hypothetical sacking of Yarran to explain why he's no longer at Carlton -- the facts which are on public record and which are affirmed by all the parties involved in the Yarran trade explain his move to RFC quite adequately.

Those facts are pretty simple: Yarran wasn't happy at CFC, he sought a trade elsewhere, nominated RFC as his preferred destination, and CFC and RFC negotiated an agreement.

Nobody at CFC or RFC (or in the media) has suggested that poor character on Yarran's part has anything to do with it. I'm completely unaware of anybody in any official capacity claiming he was "sacked."

"If you're correct"? "Probably" what happened?

You now seem rather less definitive than you were earlier.

I don't need to think up some hypothetical sacking of Yarran to explain why he's no longer at Carlton -- the facts which are on public record and which are affirmed by all the parties involved in the Yarran trade explain his move to RFC quite adequately.

Those facts are pretty simple: Yarran wasn't happy at CFC, he sought a trade elsewhere, nominated RFC as his preferred destination, and CFC and RFC negotiated an agreement.

Nobody at CFC or RFC (or in the media) has suggested that poor character on Yarran's part has anything to do with it. I'm completely unaware of anybody in any official capacity claiming he was "sacked."

What would be the point of Carlton slapping Yarran on the way out?

Ofcourse we would say we wanted to keep him to the media, to drive up his value.

He was suspended many times for indiscretions late to training, sulking, amongst other things and we finally gave up on him.

You guys have added him and believe he's going to get you over the hump of winning a final...when you can't even control dusty.

Probably why he wanted to goto the richmond, he knows he can get away with anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are the biggest club in the land now. On top of that, we must carry the hopes, dreams, and aspirations of the 'Big 4' on our broad shoulders. The other 3 are in the bottom half and a couple there are struggling off field as well.

We have to learn to just get on with the business and ignore the ankle biters.

On the gas early tonight mate?

What would be the point of Carlton slapping Yarran on the way out?

Ofcourse we would say we wanted to keep him to the media, to drive up his value.

He was suspended many times for indiscretions late to training, sulking, amongst other things and we finally gave up on him.

You guys have added him and believe he's going to get you over the hump of winning a final...when you can't even control dusty.

Probably why he wanted to goto the richmond, he knows he can get away with anything.

I'm don't quite see how you think taking pot shots at Richmond helps your case. If anything it makes it look like your comments about Yarran are simply a case of anti-Richmond bias.

That said, the thing you're missing is that Yarran himself would have no reason to pretend he had a contract or a was a required player -- so, sure, it makes sense for CFC to play the game of pretending he's a player in good standing to drive up his value, but why would Yarran or his manager go along with it.

More to the point, why would RFC fail to do their due diligence and simply accept Silvagni's word that Yarran had a contract when he in fact did not?

There's so many implausibilities in your claim that Yarran was sacked that I'm going to say that in the absence of any documented evidence from mid season to support the claim I'm happy to let my skepticism be known and simply move on.

Nah but if we sacked 2 players who then went on to kick 50 goals and win a best and fairest between them at their new clubs I'd be thinking there would be serious issues with our development and culture like Carlton have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know I don't think many Richmond supporters disagree with you.
The problem here of course is what are we disciplining him for?
If it's drinking,and representing himself and the club poorly then go for it.
He might miss a few games,do some education, a fine maybe.

Where this thread has completely gone off the rails is people wanting him disciplined for threatening to murder,people wanting excessive punishment and a few other stupid things.
You can only go on what you have to go on.
Think some people watch too much TV.

Again, we have a similar view - I've bolded what I think is going to be the most likely outcome (fine, education, miss pre-season games). Yes there has been plenty of exaggeration from both sides about suitable punishments before any facts were established.

Something is not right here with this incident though, yet there doesn't appear to be any evidence that we know of to confirm Martin did anything wrong. (Whether he did or not is a separate question, and I don't wish to have that discussion right now.) What is most concerning is that Martin is developing a reputation for trouble and surely somebody in the Richmond hierachy is going to have to tell him to pull his head in for his own sake, as well as the club's. No player is bigger than the club and if Richmond are serious about a premiership push in 2016, they won't tolerate such distractions from any player.

Again, we have a similar view - I've bolded what I think is going to be the most likely outcome (fine, education, miss pre-season games). Yes there has been plenty of exaggeration from both sides about suitable punishments before any facts were established.

Something is not right here with this incident though, yet there doesn't appear to be any evidence that we know of to confirm Martin did anything wrong. (Whether he did or not is a separate question, and I don't wish to have that discussion right now.) What is most concerning is that Martin is developing a reputation for trouble and surely somebody in the Richmond hierachy is going to have to tell him to pull his head in for his own sake, as well as the club's. No player is bigger than the club and if Richmond are serious about a premiership push in 2016, they won't tolerate such distractions from any player.
I understand that Martin has this reputation for getting into strife but the reality is there is no real evidence anywhere to have earnt it.
Just speculation.
But still as you say he needs to very careful from here on, and Richmond won't want a repeat.

I understand that Martin has this reputation for getting into strife but the reality is there is no real evidence anywhere to have earnt it.
Just speculation.
But still as you say he needs to very careful from here on, and Richmond won't want a repeat.
Too much speculation about Martin throughout his career to date...
I'm interested to see Richmond's response to this incident now that the police are done with it.

Dunno, but it's definitely not as bad as the worsed performed team this century.

Nah but if we sacked 2 players who then went on to kick 50 goals and win a best and fairest between them at their new clubs I'd be thinking there would be serious issues with our development and culture like Carlton have.

And the fitness base on Yarren isn't flash. The standards clearly haven't been there. He has been blowing up big time at pre season training. In some cases he's doing laps and sprints to get up to speed while our core is doing ball work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back