How many grand finals has your team played in and won in your lifetime?

Remove this Banner Ad

The very first full season I followed this league...
My first game I saw was 1977 grand final draw.
The following season of 1978 I followed my first full season of football in this league. Hence the 78 in nick
Worse thing is both were against Carlton,.yet our record is 4 - 2 against them...we all know they were paying overs for thise wins anyway:mad:

Worse thing is both were against Carlton,.yet our record is 4 - 2 against them...we all know they were paying overs for thise wins anyway:mad:
We gave you the old sucker punch both times. Before my time in 1972 they were more dour lower scoring finals before that, then come grand final they flipped side around, loaded up forward line with guns and went on a scoring spree you could never keep up with but did bloody well trying. Strategic wise probably one of more interesting grand final gambles from a side that paid off.

1982 the Dominator suspended for 2 weeks. Only way he could make the grand final was we lose to Richmond in week 2 so we played every week of finals series so his 2 weeks could pass and comeback. He openly barracked for Tigers in week two so his season was not over...lol.. then unleashed like a caged lion at start of grand final and rest is history.

More Richmond and Carlton grand finals please. Maybe next decade....

We gave you the old sucker punch both times. Before my time in 1972 they were more dour lower scoring finals before that, then come grand final they flipped side around, loaded up forward line with guns and went on a scoring spree you could never keep up with but did bloody well trying. Strategic wise probably one of more interesting grand final gambles from a side that paid off.

1982 the Dominator suspended for 2 weeks. Only way he could make the grand final was we lose to Richmond in week 2 so we played every week of finals series so his 2 weeks could pass and comeback. He openly barracked for Tigers in week two so his season was not over...lol.. then unleashed like a caged lion at start of grand final and rest is history.

More Richmond and Carlton grand finals please. Maybe next decade....
No more cursed strippers though:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently my side has been in 18 Grand Finals since I was born but I can only remember 17. Of that 17 I have been lucky to see my beloved Hawk win 12 and loose 5

Best part of that I have been to 7 Grand Finals - 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015. Sadly I was sick in 2012 so based on medical advice I wasn't able to attend.

What, no Dees fans yet??? Born in 78, 0 and 2 unfortunately. We recall making prelims as the glory years....quite sad really. You can all GAGF!!

Played 6, won 1, drawn 1, lost 4. I'm a bit too young to really remember much of 2 of those losses however. But, for the other 4 GFs, I was in attendance. 1-1-2 for live spectated GFs is a slightly better record I reckon.

Born in 89, but I really only count anything from 1996 onward as I don't have any memory of footy prior to that.
So going by that method:

2W 2L

15W 16L for all finals in that period
(10W 2L in Perth, 5W 14L away)

The only city other than Perth that we've won a final (excluding GF) this century is Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back