How many hours of sleep per night do you get on average?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not enough? Lol
Naturally I would be 8-9 hours, the past 24 months it’s been more like 5-6

Not enough? Lol
Naturally I would be 8-9 hours, the past 24 months it’s been more like 5-6
Why is that mate? Long work hours, or your training and diet affecting your sleep?

Why is that mate? Long work hours, or your training and diet affecting your sleep?

Mostly my current work/study/life balance atm
I’m up at 5am 4 mornings a week and apart from swapping bags, quickly showering etc I’m typically not home til after 9pm some time (I do have a couple of days at home where I try do 3-4 hours study, 1-2 hour lunch and nap then 3-4 hours study before having to head out in the evening).
I get Wednesday nights back after the long weekend which I am pretty happy about. First week night I’ll have off consistently since about August

7-7.5 hours, i'm up at 5am weekdays. Friday and Saturday nights i will stay up later and be up around 6;30-7am.

4-5 - Can function normal. I'm one of those weird people that doesn't need 8 hours and can get by on 4.

2-4

EAD Insomnia.
I never understood how this can happen to people? Don't you reach a point after a day or 2 with not enough sleep you just are so exhausted you fall asleep real easy and don't wake up until 9 or 10 hrs later? If not why not exercise and tire yourself out?

I never understood how this can happen to people? Don't you reach a point after a day or 2 with not enough sleep you just are so exhausted you fall asleep real easy and don't wake up until 9 or 10 hrs later? If not why not exercise and tire yourself out?

I'm DFES mate, get plenty of exercise. ;)

It's not a matter of how physically tired I am unfortunately.

Brain wave activity is naturally higher in some people with disrupts sleep.
I did a sleep study overnight at the Epworth - they said my brainwave activity was 17 times average.

I'm getting 6-7 now, normally only wake up once during the night. This is much better than what it used to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7-8
Quality sleep is super important, I prioritise sleep over training, no point training hard if you dont recover and have optimum hormone production.

I usually go to bed for 8 hours but my sleep is usually quite interrupted. 2 or 3 times a night I wake up and takes me a while to go back to sleep.

Not an insomniac but a terrible sleeper - the fatigue builds up like crazy to a point where I'm nodding off during the day, but then when it comes to going to bed I'm suddenly unable to fall asleep. Weird :huh:

Late last year we has a sleep therapist type lady come to work and go thru all that sleeping thingy
Learnt a lot
Minimum of 7 hrs for me, no more than 8
No iPad in bed anymore either

Although I've always liked Arnold's quote
"None of my rules, by the way, of success, will work unless you do. I’ve always figured out that there 24 hours a day. You sleep six hours and have 18 hours left. Now, I know there are some of you out there that say well, wait a minute, I sleep eight hours or nine hours. Well, then, just sleep faster, I would recommend."

6-6.5 hours.

I track it on my Fitbit thought and usually I spend about 15% of that time awake, 25% in REM and 45% light which only leaves around 15% of deep sleep :( I'm a pretty light sleeper.

I can function fine though on 4-5 hours.

6-6.5 hours.

I track it on my Fitbit thought and usually I spend about 15% of that time awake, 25% in REM and 45% light which only leaves around 15% of deep sleep :( I'm a pretty light sleeper.

I can function fine though on 4-5 hours.
Do you consume caffeine? What's your diet and exercise like?

Do you consume caffeine? What's your diet and exercise like?

No caffeine at all.

Diet is fairly good, I eat a lot of fruit and veggies and don't eat meat. I lift weights at the gym 6 days a week and do minimal if no cardio :p

No caffeine at all.

Diet is fairly good, I eat a lot of fruit and veggies and don't eat meat. I lift weights at the gym 6 days a week and do minimal if no cardio :p
What times are you training and how many carbs are you consuming roughly?

edited - what time do you train and what duration and intensity?

What times are you training and how many carbs are you consuming roughly?

edited - what time do you train and what duration and intensity?

Train 6am till 7am usually but on weekends it's anytime. If I have slept in I'll train after work so 5:30pm till 6:30pm.

I lift pretty heavy weights (for my size and all) and don't have huge breaks inbetween sets (usually walk around the gym for a minute then get back into it). Fitbit tells me I'm usually at a 90%+ fat burn rate for every session.

I honestly couldn't tell you how many carbs I'm consuming as I stopped tracking macros as it wasn't good for my mental health :) I do eat oats for breakfast, usually white rice/potato/pasta side at lunch/dinner and have 2 pieces of rye bread with natural pb as a snack most days plus a banana.

I do love carbs so don't even tell me to cut them down cause I won't :p :tearsofjoy:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back