How many of the next five games do you think we will win?

How many victories in the next five games?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

BlueandGoldforever

Cancelled
Apr 10, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
We have five games in 19 days coming up in what can only be described as a football frenzy.

The next five are:
GWS
Richmond
Essendon
Western Bulldogs
St Kilda

I think if we win all five we will win the premiership but I think that will be a stretch. Four wins would be great, three acceptable but anything less than three victories may see us drop out of the top four.

How many victories will we achieve?

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Looking at Port’s and Brisbane’s run home, they could both pretty easily not lose another game, so top 2 is almost out the equation for us. Cats have a pretty easy run home too, so I reckon we’ll need 13 wins for that 3rd or 4th spot. Might be tough.

Aug 12, 2014
P-town
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Prescot Cables
The big unknown is the hub because we were god awful last time. I reckon 3.
We'll know soon if it matters or not. If we're hubbing outside of WA for the finals then all we need to do is make the 8 with a healthy squad.

Apr 29, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
We'll know soon if it matters or not. If we're hubbing outside of WA for the finals then all we need to do is make the 8 with a healthy squad.

Yeah it's a pretty big unknown when trying to plan a strategy through. If no home finals at all, I'd be tempted to just concentrate on having the squad fully fit come finals. Rest whoever needs it whenever they need it and attempts a Dog's 16 style finals run.

Completely different strategy if they are going to allow us earnt home finals at Optus.

BlueandGoldforever

Cancelled
Apr 10, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
I think we will be better prepared for the hub this time. The key will be injuries. Having Yeo out is a big blow.

If we beat Richmond the sky is the limit for this year.

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Critical that we bank the game against GWS. If we do I still reckon we rest all our senior players for the Richmond game and then prepare a condenced 3 week hit and run for the rest of that hub

(Log in to remove this ad.)

D-N-R

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2005
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WCE
Critical that we bank the game against GWS. If we do I still reckon we rest all our senior players for the Richmond game and then prepare a condenced 3 week hit and run for the rest of that hub
Better off trying to beat them as they'll be one of the teams fighting for a top 4 spot. 8 point game as they say. Same for St Kilda.

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't know what to expect. Aren't we scheduled for all night time games in QLD?

Will the conditions really bother us or did that just coincide with a poor mental state of the collective group? Could it have been both?

On paper we are good enough to win 4 of them, every team has bad days. It isn't unimaginable that we win all 5 but the odds would be stacked against us to continue the already super impressive win streak.

southcoast

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2006
southcoast
AFL Club
West Coast

I think part of the ‘hub awfulness’ last time was due, in part, to reluctance of Vic teams (apparently as reported) to cop their share and our initial hub life wasn’t end dated.

Fast forward to seasons end and everyone (bar Qld) has done some heavy lifting and hub life is set with finals, and a different attraction to follow.

Methinks we’ll thrive this time round - added to this we’ve now gelled better as a team. Last hub time we’d come off pair training only.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Hate thinking this far ahead, so I’ll say 2. Drop Richmond, St Kilda and one of Dogs and Essendon.

GWS is no Monty either but hoping the home ground should help there.

Reckon we’ll need to win 4 to make the 4...but might not really matter anyway if there is no finals in Perth.

MrWoollie

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
I'm almost with Alt Vol on this. 2 wins.

GWS - W
Ric - L
Ess - L due to no rest after a tough game.
Dogs - 50/50
StK - 50/50 (win 1, lose 1 from these)

If we lose to GWS my prediction drops to 1.

Aug 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m a little pessimistic tbh. Our draw is horrible over this period with the short turnarounds and night brissy games. With yeo missing and a few tougher sides like st kilda, and Richmond I think we might only win 2-3. I think this might be a little bit of a “wheels” start wobbling period before we get some troops back and reload for finals hopefully still top 4.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Out of our last six games I think we'll go 3-3 and we'll finish 6th.

Port Adelaide
Brisbane
Geelong
Richmond
St Kilda
West Coast
Collingwood
Melbourne

We'll luckily be allowed a home final with the WA gov and the AFL allowing us to hotel quarantine along with the pies.

We'll beat Collingwood in Perth but then fall short to Geelong in QLD. A successive season ended by the cats imo.

Back