How many of the next five games do you think we will win?

How many victories in the next five games?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If we win our last 3, I reckon we might finish second. Cats Richmond and Brisbane are a chance to drop a game each at least, could even snag second on percentage with 12 wins if lots of results go our way (which they never do) lose to the dogs or saints though, and it’s fold city

With a pretty finals bye, we could play week one in Perth. Probably won’t be getting a prelim in Perth, but we choose out of Adelaide or Brisbane depending on who we play, and where the advantage is.

Brisbane have got Collingwood, GC, Swans & Carlton. Could win them all, or could easily drop one, maybe even 2?? Cats could drop either of Richmond or Bombers game. Richmond have Cats and Crows, so only chance for a loss there is Cats. So top 4 still a chance even if we drop one of our last 3, top 2 a good chance if we win all 3. Surely all these other teams around us are fatigued and banged up as well.

Ideally we win all three and then the chips can fall where they may.

We are getting invaluable exposure into some of our youngsters/depth so that is the silver lining to our injury crisis. Not sure our MC would give them a look in otherwise.

Tigers got the job done last year with 5+ of their top 22 out of action when they had to. Good sides find a way, even if it's not pretty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We def need to keep fighting for Top 4 instead of conceding the fact we arent playing home finals and being content with 5th. Right now its not so much about the double chance, its about denying premiership rivals an easier ride into the GF.

If Richmond have to play 3 do-or-die finals to make it to the GF that helps us out massively if we are their opponents - they will have had to be psychologically switched on and pumping at 100% longer than we would have to in order to reach the same destination, which may give us an edge for our 5th flag.

As for where we should be playing finals, my vote would be to stay in Queensland wherever possible. Less travel and we need to prove to ourselves that we can do the job there. A SF win at the Gabba would be a huge mental boost to this side.

Last edited:
We are now 2-2. I thought we would go 4-1. Maybe being too optimistic but if we had a full squad to pick from I am sure we would have played better last night.

We have to beat St Kilda. At the very least it will instil confidence back in the guys.

3-2 is a pass for me. Didn't deserve to win bulldogs game and the saints win shouldn't have happened given our injuries.

Let's not forget about Lions, they have Swans and Carlton, specially that Carlton game looking to make the 8 and lions have some big outs, it could potentially turn nasty for lions finishing 5th if they drop both.

Back