• 70-80K

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 80-90K

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 90K +

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

for a 100,000 seated arena that's a joke hey..
should at least be 30K each

and yet people want it moved to smaller grounds...

If they did, then does anyone think that, relatively speaking, the sponsors/corporates wouldn't do better than the fans?

IF anyone at all is not using their Gold AFL Membership barcode to purchase grand final tickets please please please DM me, happy to purchase it off you at price you deem reasonable.

Unfortunately I'm only a silver AFL member.

Also, not jumping the gun at all... trying to organise just in case the tigs make it as tickets go on sale the day after the prelim.

And the reason why you'll never get a grand final ticket as a silver member is because people with gold memberships who don't want to go are buying tickets and selling them to people who aren't entitled to them.

and yet people want it moved to smaller grounds...

If they did, then does anyone think that, relatively speaking, the sponsors/corporates wouldn't do better than the fans?

At the moment i believe corporates have about 17k seats, the clubs take up 7k.

Competing clubs 30k, mcc 25k and AFL/medallion club 21k.

Absolutely. It's a joke that clubs now still get 17K tickets for members but now many clubs have over 70K as members.

Never going to happen. Can't just take tickets away from AFL and mcc members. And whether we like it or not, the corporates are always getting their tickets.

Fits into the 'rules are rules and they aren't going to change' conversation a lot of tigers fans have been running with in regards to home final situation I suppose.

Never going to happen. Can't just take tickets away from AFL and mcc members. And whether we like it or not, the corporates are always getting their tickets.

Fits into the 'rules are rules and they aren't going to change' conversation a lot of tigers fans have been running with in regards to home final situation I suppose.
How many members do the MCC and AFL have? 46K? The rest should be divided in 2 i.e. 28K each. If members also want to buy corporate tickets they should be available to them at corporate prices. So from the 28K each, 8.5K can be available as corporate for club members.

Bottom line is that the majority of tickets would be available to the two competing clubs.

How many members do the MCC and AFL have? 46K? The rest should be divided in 2 i.e. 28K each. If members also want to buy corporate tickets they should be available to them at corporate prices. So from the 28K each, 8.5K can be available as corporate for club members.

Bottom line is that the majority of tickets would be available to the two competing clubs.

As of 2015 there were 62,000 full mcc members and 40,000 restricted members. Gold AFL membership is capped at 31,000 and around 80,000 silver members.

So now we have tigers fans wanting to change the rules that have always been in place to suit themselves, because all of a sudden they're not fair? The irony..

We didn't sell our ground. The government took land from us in order to widen punt road, which had the effect of making our ground unplayable (odd, unsymmetrical, shape) and reduced the crowd capacity massively and as a result we moved across the park to the MCG. We didn't 'sell out our home ground', we were literally unable to continue playing there.

Relevant for? We have 10 premiership cups...How many do you have? Surely having been in the comp longer, you'd have many more....Right?
Yeah, we do - 16. Well, the VFA is as relevant to the AFL as the VFL is, and if you can count flags from a comp that we had to drag your sorry club to join, then we can definitely count the VFA ones.

But as far as relevancy goes, your ten cups is irrelevant these days, what with it being a much more equal competition in the AFL than the VFL. The thing your club can hang its hat on is its supporter base - nothing to do with their actual footy at all.

As of 2015 there were 62,000 full mcc members and 40,000 restricted members. Gold AFL membership is capped at 31,000 and around 80,000 silver members.

So now we have tigers fans wanting to change the rules that have always been in place to suit themselves, because all of a sudden they're not fair? The irony..
The hypocrisy is delicious.

Its almost been a week mate, you still crying?

Regardless of this year or any, it still is quite outrageous that only 17k club members for competing teams can get tickets. Are you saying you don't agree? Also don't think it would be just tigers fans that would want this changed.

Except the corporate prices are often more along the lines of...

We sponsor you for $200K for the year, and in return we get our logo on X & Y, along with 4*5 tickets to presidents lunches, 1 table at the B&F, 5 tickets to the Grand final (20 if the team is playing), etc, etc..

Yeah, we do - 16. Well, the VFA is as relevant to the AFL as the VFL is, and if you can count flags from a comp that we had to drag your sorry club to join, then we can definitely count the VFA ones.

But as far as relevancy goes, your ten cups is irrelevant these days, what with it being a much more equal competition in the AFL than the VFL. The thing your club can hang its hat on is its supporter base - nothing to do with their actual footy at all.

Well, we don't have to twist things so far in order to be relevant.

Good luck out in the burbs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are still relevant to me as I have seen 5 of them in my life. I don't think you can tell someone else what is relevant to them. Just to yourself.

Except the corporate prices are often more along the lines of...

We sponsor you for $200K for the year, and in return we get our logo on X & Y, along with 4*5 tickets to presidents lunches, 1 table at the B&F, 5 tickets to the Grand final (20 if the team is playing), etc, etc..
That's not how it goes for all corporate GF tickets. I can still purchase some AFL tickets but the ones that are left are $4000 each!

Its almost been a week mate, you still crying?

Regardless of this year or any, it still is quite outrageous that only 17k club members for competing teams can get tickets. Are you saying you don't agree? Also don't think it would be just tigers fans that would want this changed.

Doesn't matter what we think is fair, the AFL don't give a stuff!

I was lucky enough to get to 3 of 4 grand finals via the ballot. The flip side of having 75k members is your chance of getting one isn't very good.

Doesn't matter what we think is fair, the AFL don't give a stuff!

I was lucky enough to get to 3 of 4 grand finals via the ballot. The flip side of having 75k members is your chance of getting one isn't very good.
One thing the AFL hates more than anything is bad publicity.
The world has changed since the rules for splitting the cake called GF ticketing were made. Memberships have doubled since then.

If enough noise comes from the the right people......

That's not how it goes for all corporate GF tickets. I can still purchase some AFL tickets but the ones that are left are $4000 each!

I think you'll find most are more my version...although often they'll be AFL sponsors....I'm sure Toyota and NAB each get hundreds of tickets for example.

The world has changed since the rules for splitting the cake called GF ticketing were made. Memberships have doubled since then.

I think it's actually the reverse in a way. Regardless of how they do it, they know hundreds of thousands will miss out, so they don't care about them any more because whatever they do, the best they can achieve is a slight lessening of the noise/complaints, so why bother. If it was only a few thousand and they could please them all/shut them all up, they'd be more likely to act.

If via corporates they are getting big money from a sponsor for a range of tickets to events and the gf, or as you said selling the gf tickets in a package for 4K each, you really think the AFL will choose to give them to club members and only get $200 each for them?

Thoughts last week were that there was no way the AFL would miss out on 60k more supporters paying $60-80 each, but now you reckon they going to toss away 17k corporate tickets at a loss of almost 4K each. Good luck!!

Collingwood 2003 prelim will never be topped as far as crowd support goes.

The first game of footy I went to [sister-in-law and her mob are all pie fanatics].
The stadium felt like it was make around a great creator hole and even before the game it was jam packed with an electric atmosphere.
When the pies kicked their first goal my ear drums nearly blew out and the stands vibrated to the point where I thought the MCG would cave in.
It was so unbelievable, nothing like it, one of the best if not the best experience of my life.

If via corporates they are getting big money from a sponsor for a range of tickets to events and the gf, or as you said selling the gf tickets in a package for 4K each, you really think the AFL will choose to give them to club members and only get $200 each for them?

Thoughts last week were that there was no way the AFL would miss out on 60k more supporters paying $60-80 each, but now you reckon they going to toss away 17k corporate tickets at a loss of almost 4K each. Good luck!!
No. They are the only ones left. There were much cheaper packages going earlier.

They are still relevant to me as I have seen 5 of them in my life. I don't think you can tell someone else what is relevant to them. Just to yourself.
I'm guessing you just jumped on telsors bandwagon without reading his original comment for the context of my reply?

Lol there were sections of seats vacant when we were hammering your mob Friday.. DOn't pull that s**t because Richmond supporters have hung around even in our worst and most darkest days.. You win 3 flags in 5 years and can't even handle a period of not being dominate, despite the fact you still remain in the top 4, its never good enough for you lot.
I'm not pulling any s**t. The original comment said we were newly relevant off the back of recent success. It's bullshit, and Geelong can hold their heads up high because without us, your club probably wouldn't have got off the ground.

Back