• 70-80K

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 80-90K

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 90K +

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The atmosphere at the GF last year as a Swans fan was just surreal. It felt like there were a single busload of us and the rest of the ground were lifelong Dogs fans. It was deafening and even a bit intimidating.

The '12/'14 GFs were much more balanced in contrast.

I can only imagine what it will be like if an interstate team ends up playing Richmond.

72,000+ members a year after finishing 13th, 16 years after your last finals win and 37 years after your last flag. I take my hat off to the Richmond club and fans for sticking strong for so long. I hope this year gives all those who have stuck loyal amazing memories for the rest of their lives.

72,000+ members a year after finishing 13th, 16 years after your last finals win and 37 years after your last flag. I take my hat off to the Richmond club and fans for sticking strong for so long. I hope this year gives all those who have stuck loyal amazing memories for the rest of their lives.

Thanks man. We have 76k members now. Big rush for finals tickets. Hope we pack out the joint next week

Doesn't matter what we think is fair, the AFL don't give a stuff!

I was lucky enough to get to 3 of 4 grand finals via the ballot. The flip side of having 75k members is your chance of getting one isn't very good.
Haha unfortunately you're right. Won't ever change.

Yeah basically a 25% chance

Its a basic economic law that when supply ( about 100,000 tix ) falls short of demand ( huge for the GF ) we see either or both of price inflation or disappointment for some. That is just how it is.

Prelims are the "Fans finals".

Go pony up for a GWS membership each year, while their member count stays low you have every chance to see a grand final (even if it does not feature your team) in person.

Most one sided Melbourne finals crowd in history was in 1996. WC v Ess at the MCG. 85K+ & in the days when airfares cost a fortune & pre mining boom. Not as many Melbourne based WC supporters either, probably lucky if they had 3-4K there. Richmond have a big task ahead of them to beat that.

The atmosphere at the GF last year as a Swans fan was just surreal. It felt like there were a single busload of us and the rest of the ground were lifelong Dogs fans. It was deafening and even a bit intimidating.

The '12/'14 GFs were much more balanced in contrast.

I can only imagine what it will be like if an interstate team ends up playing Richmond.
Or a Victorian team, ask geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most one sided Melbourne finals crowd in history was in 1996. WC v Ess at the MCG. 85K+ & in the days when airfares cost a fortune & pre mining boom. Not as many Melbourne based WC supporters either, probably lucky if they had 3-4K there. Richmond have a big task ahead of them to beat that.
Confident whoever wins on Saturday there will be 90,000 plus at the prelim.

And here's a shot of the MCG 10 minutes into the 3rd quarter after Deledio kicks his 5th to put GWS up by 10 goals in the Prelim

tour-5.jpg
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Sorry to Dan 26 Essendon apologist but Tigers dwarf you

Its pies v Tigers for biggest victorian club
Do they have 1.2 million supporters like Sydney tho?

Nah I know people are gonna disagree, but Carlton have as many fans as Richmond, there's a big difference between attendance rate and number of supporters. Essendon and Collingwood probably about as much as each other.

Back