Discussion How Many St Kilda Guernsey's do you own?

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda Death

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NOLA
As a pretentious snob I find that offensive.....possibly true but offensive. I'm they type who wants to look like a ****** with minimal supporter wear on. I like those ponce scarves that have a fine subdued stripe rather than the garish members ones too. There is a market for the apparel designers for ******s like me that isn't being met.

Seriously though it can look a bit sad when you see old fat guys in supporter wear. Mid 20s is my cut off unless you are ripped then it's left to your discretion.
Each to their own, but to me, get the colors out for the boys! Who cares if tou look like a clown, you're their to support the team, not be complimented on your dapper looks!
I want a sea of RWB so our players can look out and see people support them.

As a pretentious snob I find that offensive.....possibly true but offensive. I'm they type who wants to look like a ****** with minimal supporter wear on. I like those ponce scarves that have a fine subdued stripe rather than the garish members ones too. There is a market for the apparel designers for ******s like me that isn't being met.

Seriously though it can look a bit sad when you see old fat guys in supporter wear. Mid 20s is my cut off unless you are ripped then it's left to your discretion.
I brought all my jumpers with the intention of framing them....still a work in progress.......I need heaps more wall space.....LOL.

My 1997 Home jumper that I wore to that Granny is still sitting draped over the arm of one of my couches.....

Arriving back here after that shattering event....a non footy mate brought some Pizza's over to cheer me up....he left after a few hours and I took the jumper off and draped it over the couch......it has been there to this day.

People when here know that to toss it on the floor is at their Peril !!!!!

Wore it to the 2009/2010 Grannies.....I was amazed it had shrunk......LOL....

Each to their own, but to me, get the colors out for the boys! Who cares if tou look like a clown, you're their to support the team, not be complimented on your dapper looks!
I want a sea of RWB so our players can look out and see people support them.

I'm glad there are others who will do it. That's why you have kids so you can live vicariously through them. Mine had better hope we don't win a premiership...face tatts all round.

I'm early 20s and have started slowly phasing out wearing a jumper. I'll wear a Saints jacket w/ beanie and/or scarf depending on the weather. That said, if its a nice day I'll still wear the jumper over a tshirt.

My dad wears a Kmart jumper, a Saints jacket, a members cap that's too small for his head, and a scarf. It's a sad sight.

My humble collection:
2000 hot cross bun VFL player issue #4 (with dodgy AFL logo patch sewn over the VFL logo)
2010 home jumper retail (#18 on the back)
2013 home jumper player issue Seb Ross
2013 140th anniversary retail
2016 hot cross bun player issue Eli Templeton (needed the #4 to match my old jumper)

I have two 2016 player issue clash jumpers on their way (12 and 27) but the club is very slow at posting auction items

HHahahah Gold....good ole dad.

sauce_head

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 24, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda

Bring back the suit vest. It's what footy tops are made for....

The real question is...does anyone own this s**t?

1344422%20yellow.jpg

The real question is...does anyone own this s**t?

1344422%20yellow.jpg
Gee.....I'd forgotten about that jumper............remember sitting up at the back of the 3rd level of in those days......Colonial Stadium.......It was against Carlton and we were getting well beaten(the last game of 2001 from memory).....from that height we looked like bananas......and that day we played like bananas....LOL

Gee.....I'd forgotten about that jumper............remember sitting up at the back of the 3rd level of in those days......Colonial Stadium.......It was against Carlton and we were getting well beaten(the last game of 2001 from memory).....from that height we looked like bananas......and that day we played like bananas....LOL
Hahahaha....I have a good memory of us in those jumpers....Round 20, 2003 vs Carlton at Princes Park...went with a mate of mine (Blues fan) and from the opening bounce watched us slaughter them on their home deck. 57-14 at quarter time. I remember one instance of us on the counter attack and Stevie Baker running about 60 meters into an open goal and the look of disgust on his face was priceless. We won 166-75, Gehrig kicked 7 and Harves had 33 touches lol

dPm25mi.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
One. Signed by Roo circa 2005. Got it for my 40th. My 4 yr old son has one. He thinks our team is called "go saints". He can't wait to see go saints play again next year.

Hahahaha....I have a good memory of us in those jumpers....Round 20, 2003 vs Carlton at Princes Park...went with a mate of mine (Blues fan) and from the opening bounce watched us slaughter them on their home deck. 57-14 at quarter time. I remember one instance of us on the counter attack and Stevie Baker running about 60 meters into an open goal and the look of disgust on his face was priceless. We won 166-75, Gehrig kicked 7 and Harves had 33 touches lol

dPm25mi.jpg
What an absolutely magical day that was.......it will be burnt in my memory for ever......after watching so many big beltings at that ground over the years......that was a win for the diehard supporters.
I was crook as a dog on the Friday....felt even worse on the Sat morning....went back to bed and woke up for a score....18 goals to 1/2 time......I thought..."I aint missing this"....swallowed some Codral cold tablets and off I went.

By the time I parked...it was nearly 3/4 time....stood in the outer in the sunshine at the end and watched all the Saints fans doing kick to kick thinking it doesn't get much better for all the Saints who were there that day.......

As I was going in...Blues fans were pouring out....I heard one old lady say to another old lady...."The Saints will win a flag with that side".....ummm....well...not quite LOL...

The taipan

Debutant
Nov 7, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Has anyone been able to get hold of the 2016 home jumper with updated pepper money logo? Worn in last 6 or so games

Not about a Saints geurnsey but a pretty funny story I reckon.
Back in 2005 Balmain beat the Cowboys in the NRL grand final.
In the Prelim Parra played the Cowboys and were expected to flog them, I'm pretty sure Parra were faves to win the GF at the time.
One of the boys from work (Lumpy), a mad Parra supporter had been given a new jersey from his missus and on the day of the prelim had invited all the boys around and set up a fire in the backyard along with setting up the tv and eskis and all that for a big night. He was extremely confident of the win.
So prior to the end of the game when the Boys had the match sewn up and Lumpy was 11 parts hit and missed, he rips off his nice new jersey and throws it in the fire. It sat there for a while before his missus rescues it and he vows never to support Parra again.
Fast forward to 2006 and Parra are in the finals again and Lumpy is pumped and gets all the boys over again.
They all show up and here is Lumpy wearing a Parra jersey suffering from 3rd degree burns to 75% of its body. There was no way his missus was going to let him spend $120 buck on a new one.

drawza

Team Captain
Oct 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Aces, MU, Broncos & Saints (NFL)
So I have a few additions to the collection, one to arrive next week, a BLK one or as I call it 'the jumper with a toilet seat for a collar'

Moorabbin Ghost

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2015
Australia
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'd have over 50 jumpers now. I didn't start off collecting them as such but I had a couple given to me years ago and I thought If I kept going it would be a nice hand me down to kids later on.
I ended up having so many that the wife declared there was no longer room for them in our walk in robe so she wrapped them all and boxed them up!
I have mostly player issue jumpers but the highlight of my collection is a jumper straight off the player worn in two grand finals, wouldn't be many of those around I wouldn't have thought.
I also have a G Train jumper that he kicked 10 in (against North I think?).
It used to be easier getting specific player issue jumpers but the club very strict these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back