How many still to be delisted?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hiscox is a lay down mizare - never should have matched that bid..... Question marks re Richards and Towers - I expect one will go.

If they both go we'll probably just upgrade another rookie - most of our Rookie list look a half decent chance of making it at AFL level with Papley and Newman already given the green light for next year.

Cam Joyce said we're using 87 so we still need to delist two. Probably McKenzie and Tippett who will then most likely be re-rookied.
Out: Harvey, Petrie, Firrito, Dal Santo, Wells, Black, McKenzie, Tippett
In: Preuss, Ahern, Hrovat, Williams, 11, 32, 33, 87

Cam Joyce said we're using 87 so we still need to delist two. Probably McKenzie and Tippett who will then most likely be re-rookied.
Out: Harvey, Petrie, Firrito, Dal Santo, Wells, Black, McKenzie, Tippett
In: Preuss, Ahern, Hrovat, Williams, 11, 32, 33, 87
If you're using 87 you only need to delist one if you upgrade a rookie - remember you only had 39 players on the main list last season. Whether you do so again though I dunno.

I'm not sure why they didn't do a late deal with the Hawks to trade those 4 for Hawthorn's 3rd rounder next year. Assuming the Hawks still have a third rounder next year.

Hawks couldn't trade their third rounder next year under the rules as they had already traded their 2017 first rounder to the Saints (hence that pick swap with Carlton to get another 2017 second rounder to facilitate the O'Meara trade).

We lost Hrovat, Minson, Stevens and Hamling and picked up Cloke. We've got our minimum 3, might delist and rookie Prudden if we like a DFA or wanna go deeper in the draft.
Have we delisted /retired Minson yet

Swans have a few uncontracted players still:

X. Richards - Declined a contract because of COLA (BS), No interest in trade week and to be seen if the Swans will re-sign him as we are supposedly not happy with how he went about things. Funny thing is a rookie contract in Melbourne is worse then the senior contract he knocked back at the swans by a lot of cash.

D. Towers - No interest in trade week but has a contract in front of him.

A. Davis - No idea. Would re-rookie him and we probably could, but a good chance to be delisted.

J. Hiscox- No idea. Another re-rookie chance but he is a natural athlete, not a natural footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong have delisted clark and luxford, enright and bartel retired and caddy smedts kersten and vardy traded. Tuohy and black added to senior list currently 32 on it, ruggles is likely to be upgraded and we will go into the draft with 33 on the senior list.

Geelong have delisted clark and luxford, enright and bartel retired and caddy smedts kersten and vardy traded. Tuohy and black added to senior list currently 32 on it, ruggles is likely to be upgraded and we will go into the draft with 33 on the senior list.

Reckon you'll likely pick-up a de-listed free-agent or 2, before then.

Reckon you'll likely pick-up a de-listed free-agent or 2, before then.

Maybe. I think its more likely we take mature age players in the draft (like we did last year) than take dfas though.

"Officially"? I don't think the paperwork's been filed with the AFL, so while you're right in substance, it hasn't actually happened yet.
When your club makes you a farewell video at the club b&f and said player then gets on stage and says his farewells, it's as official as it needs to be.

Anyone got any info on Henry Schade and Seb Tape from Gold Coast. Checked the GC page but it is light on for content, mainly #cochsout4tony and sticking heads in the sand re players wanting out.

Anyone got any info on Henry Schade and Seb Tape from Gold Coast. Checked the GC page but it is light on for content, mainly #cochsout4tony and sticking heads in the sand re players wanting out.

Is it normal for supporters to be this salty after a trade where they got what they wanted?

Not salty at all, just want some info on Schade and Tape, go look for yourself it is light on for content. I think they have potential in the right environment.
I was curious and had a look, and the very first thread stickied to the top, 3 above #cochsout4tony, is called 2017 Official List and Guernsey Number Changes. In there it tells you Tape and Schade have both been delisted.

I reckon we will delist Grigg . He's probably worth another go somewhere. Not sure if we have given him enough opportunities. Consistently strong at sanfl level. Maybe too slow

I was curious and had a look, and the very first thread stickied to the top, 3 above #cochsout4tony, is called 2017 Official List and Guernsey Number Changes. In there it tells you Tape and Schade have both been delisted.
I can go to the AFL website to see they are delisted, I want more info on the players. I don't think they watch much footy up there.

I can go to the AFL website to see they are delisted, I want more info on the players. I don't think they watch much footy up there.

The fact that there is barely any information about them on any thread on here probably tells you all you need to know about how they are rated. There is a reason they were delisted and it was entirely due to their ability (or lack thereof). Schade probably a bit unlucky as he was contracted, but he would have been delisted next season anyway and we needed a list spot. And this information is on our board anyway, so don't know what you were looking at.

Also, you take a crack at us not watching an footy up here, yet you need to ask the question about the quality of Seb freaking Tape, a guy who has been on our list for 6 years for a grand total of 48 senior games. OK. Doesn't scream 'potential in the right environment' to me, but hey, each to their own.

And just because it has made its way onto this thread. #CochsOut4Tony. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back