How many still to be delisted?

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that there is barely any information about them on any thread on here probably tells you all you need to know about how they are rated. There is a reason they were delisted and it was entirely due to their ability (or lack thereof). Schade probably a bit unlucky as he was contracted, but he would have been delisted next season anyway and we needed a list spot. And this information is on our board anyway, so don't know what you were looking at.

Also, you take a crack at us not watching an footy up here, yet you need to ask the question about the quality of Seb freaking Tape, a guy who has been on our list for 6 years for a grand total of 48 senior games. OK. Doesn't scream 'potential in the right environment' to me, but hey, each to their own.

And just because it has made its way onto this thread. #CochsOut4Tony. ;)
Thanks for the info on these guys, seems a bit odd to drop a young key defender who went ok last year. Leaves very little depth if May has another brain fade.

I still think Schade and Tape could be worth a look, both highly rated in their draft year and might flourish in the right environment, an example being Mav Weller.

If Tone can control the exodus he might be worthy of #cochsout4Tony

Shaun McKernan is the only one left without a contract at Essendon so far.

I assume we are going to wait until after the draft before making a call on that.

Boy the Power missed the boat to cash in on players on a few occasions, all of which are very costly.

Hartlett (2015) - supposedly had offers of $700k from rivals willing to cough up a 1st round pick and more. Value plunged amazingly in 2016 after an average year and finishing 17th in the B&F (I don't blame them for wanting to keep him originally though)

Matthew Lobbe (2015) - they reckon both Richmond and WB offered up their first round picks last year. In 2017, Lobbe will be sitting in the SANFL on big money that clubs might not even pay a 3rd round pick for.

Cam O'Shea (2014) - if the experts are right, St Kilda supposedly offered Pick 21 for O'Shea in 2014 but the Power liked his potential. Now he's been delisted and they lost him for nothing.

When and who declared Spangler a " cult hero " seriously laughed my arse off when I heard this. The guy was as much of a spud than any other player to set foot on a footy oval, Christ the media ham it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hartlett (2015) - supposedly had offers of $700k from rivals willing to cough up a 1st round pick and more. Value plunged amazingly in 2016 after an average year and finishing 17th in the B&F (I don't blame them for wanting to keep him originally though)

He actually stayed for less money in 2015. Clubs this year were reportedly still willing to cough up a pick in the 10-20 range for him as well.

Matthew Lobbe (2015) - they reckon both Richmond and WB offered up their first round picks last year. In 2017, Lobbe will be sitting in the SANFL on big money that clubs might not even pay a 3rd round pick for.

Cam O'Shea (2014) - if the experts are right, St Kilda supposedly offered Pick 21 for O'Shea in 2014 but the Power liked his potential. Now he's been delisted and they lost him for nothing.

Yeah I can't defend that.

But don't you think a fan of the club who signed Chris Mayne to a $2 million deal, Daniel Wells to a 3 year deal and traded out countless KPD's for Lynden Dunn might want to tone down on the criticism of list management decisions made by other clubs?

He actually stayed for less money in 2015. Clubs this year were reportedly still willing to cough up a pick in the 10-20 range for him as well.

Yeah I can't defend that.

But don't you think a fan of the club who signed Chris Mayne to a $2 million deal, Daniel Wells to a 3 year deal and traded out countless KPD's for Lynden Dunn might want to tone down on the criticism of list management decisions made by other clubs?
Sorry Established1997, didn't mean to upset you :'(

When and who declared Spangler a " cult hero " seriously laughed my arse off when I heard this. The guy was as much of a spud than any other player to set foot on a footy oval, Christ the media ham it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think your definition of a cult hero is a bit off. A cult hero doesn't have to be a talented footballer, in fact it only adds to their hero status if they're not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back