Autopsy How many times have you

herculez09

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Thread starter #1
Watched your team's most recent premiership?

I have today off work due to some bad mosquito bites and I'm watching it for only the third time.

It's bringing back memories of some petulant temper tantrums during the first quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

footyfan78

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Not sure how many times watched our 1995 grand final win. I was at the game so never felt need to watch it over and over as memories of day was being in the stands, not at home watching on tv. I probably watched our premierships from 1980's on replay far more as they I only seen live on tv as a kid.

ManOfClay

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
Last watched it on December 31.

Probably overall watched the grand final itself 10 times.

Watched the entire finals series back to back on DVD four times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Xtreme

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Hawthorn
My sig is a little out of date. I rang in the new year by watching the Eagles '18 premiership.

So I don't bore people I'll add that I can watch Hawthorn losses without much fuss. I only watched a highlights clip of 2012 after it, but I watched the full game from start to finish AND the after match presentation in the lead up to the 2014 gf..... since then I watch 2012 gf 2-3+ times a year.

In terms of other sports

The '99 world cup final (and also semi final) get watched a bit.

Various Australian Opens (08, 09 etc), Wimbledons (00, 01, 02, 08, 09 etc), US Opens - tennis get watched a lot too.

I have a few NFL Superbowl games and NBA Finals series that get watched occasionally as well.

Gavin Excell

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
My sig is a little out of date. I rang in the new year by watching the Eagles '18 premiership.

So I don't bore people I'll add that I can watch Hawthorn losses without much fuss. I only watched a highlights clip of 2012 after it, but I watched the full game from start to finish AND the after match presentation in the lead up to the 2014 gf..... since then I watch 2012 gf 2-3+ times a year.

In terms of other sports

The '99 world cup final (and also semi final) get watched a bit.

Various Australian Opens (08, 09 etc), Wimbledons (00, 01, 02, 08, 09 etc), US Opens - tennis get watched a lot too.

I have a few NFL Superbowl games and NBA Finals series that get watched occasionally as well.
I like to watch replays Black Caviar in group 1 sprints

ManOfClay

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
Prelim was the pick of that run for mine

One of the great matches of the decade
I openly cried at the end. And after bont’s goal in the last. And Macrae’s winner. It was just pure emotion. My local club had won their own grand final that day and I wasn’t in the side. This made up for it.

Shed a tear walking into the mcg the next week but no time for tears after the final siren. It was absolute pandemonium from picken’s last goal onwards.

Proper Gander

Owl whisperer and secret agent
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Moderator #19
Watched your team's most recent premiership?

I have today off work due to some bad mosquito bites and I'm watching it for only the third time.

It's bringing back memories of some petulant temper tantrums during the first quarter.
None for me.

Even the two minutes of B@W flickering ‘highlights’ from the day don’t really do it for me.

Xtreme

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Got the 3peat DVD box set, at a guess I would say I would have watched it at least a dozen times in the few years after, haven't watched any of the 3 for at least 10 years now.
You bloody well should watch them more often! I marathon the Brisbane Lions threepeat a few times a year.

I have multiple copies of the Brisbane Lions grand final dvds. I collected them individually when they came out year on year, I picked up the Victory box set (admittedly some time after 2003........ it was very cheap compared to being over $100 when it first came out!). And I collected them yet again in the 25 years of AFL grand finals box set late 2014. I recently converted them digitally as well, I've got quite a few grand finals (and other general footy matches) that I can now watch on my Samsung tablet :D.

sobrave

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
probably about 6 or 7 times. it's been a long time since i've watched it though. the "official" afl dvd that was put out was absolutely putrid quality.

Top Bottom