Autopsy How many times have you

Sep 2, 2017
Oakleigh
AFL Club
Richmond
I openly cried at the end. And after bont’s goal in the last. And Macrae’s winner. It was just pure emotion. My local club had won their own grand final that day and I wasn’t in the side. This made up for it.

Shed a tear walking into the mcg the next week but no time for tears after the final siren. It was absolute pandemonium from picken’s last goal onwards.
I re-watched that prelim last night - genuinely one of the best games of footy I've ever seen. Macrae's goal in the last quarter has to be up there with any of the great clutch goals. Very underrated player.

I cried a little bit during the '16 grand final. I watched it at an Irish pub in Beijing and there were about fifteen or twenty Doggies supporters there and they were all crying and hugging each other and I couldn't help getting a bit caught up in the emotion of it all.

I've re-watched the '17 grand final probably three or four times, but only really to relive the day.

BruceTempany14

Calling out Geelong supporters
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Got the 3peat DVD box set, at a guess I would say I would have watched it at least a dozen times in the few years after, haven't watched any of the 3 for at least 10 years now.
You bloody well should watch them more often! I marathon the Brisbane Lions threepeat a few times a year.

I have multiple copies of the Brisbane Lions grand final dvds. I collected them individually when they came out year on year, I picked up the Victory box set (admittedly some time after 2003........ it was very cheap compared to being over $100 when it first came out!). And I collected them yet again in the 25 years of AFL grand finals box set late 2014. I recently converted them digitally as well, I've got quite a few grand finals (and other general footy matches) that I can now watch on my Samsung tablet :D.
got to say I watched the 2001 & 2002 GFinals ON Fox JUST recently . brutal GAMES, great to watch . I would love to have been a Hawks or Lions supporter sometimes, great memories and great teams. Other clubs can only dream of that type of dynasty!!

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
got to say I watched the 2001 & 2002 GFinals ON Fox JUST recently . brutal GAMES, great to watch . I would love to have been a Hawks or Lions supporter sometimes, great memories and great teams. Other clubs can only dream of that type of dynasty!!
Yep, you can hang your hat on a 3peat a lot longer than a singular GF victory, didn't really worry me at all when we fell off the cliff in 2005, we've been struggling ever since except for a brief surge in 2009. Starting to wear very thin now though, it's time for us to become contenders again.

I agree with you re your GF comments, IMO 2002 is a grossly underrated GF, very close all the way and not decided until Akers snap in the dying minutes.

Goldust

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
Chisholm, Minnesota
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Nashville Predators
Watched our 2017 flag win a total of three times since the great day ........ once the day after, once at Christmas and once about mid-season when a mate had it on. No use labouring on it, I like looking ahead!

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
My sig is a little out of date. I rang in the new year by watching the Eagles '18 premiership.

So I don't bore people I'll add that I can watch Hawthorn losses without much fuss. I only watched a highlights clip of 2012 after it, but I watched the full game from start to finish AND the after match presentation in the lead up to the 2014 gf..... since then I watch 2012 gf 2-3+ times a year.

In terms of other sports

The '99 world cup final (and also semi final) get watched a bit.

Various Australian Opens (08, 09 etc), Wimbledons (00, 01, 02, 08, 09 etc), US Opens - tennis get watched a lot too.

I have a few NFL Superbowl games and NBA Finals series that get watched occasionally as well.
I could never rewatch the 2000 and 2001 Wimbledon finals. You must be either a masochist or a Pat Rafter hater.

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
used to be every year without fail the G/f marathon would replay the 66 grandfinal ... this year they didn have the g/f marathon so first time in years i havent seen it

Ralll

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Never the full game.
I've watched the last quarter and the highlights a few times, mostly to enjoy the reactions of the club people such as Richo, Peggy and Benny G.

I tend to watch losses more, I like to analyse what went wrong. I've watched the Coll game in full.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
A lot. 20-30 plus god knows how many times I’ve watched highlights/other videos from the day. Plus I’ve watched both the QF and PF from that year ~15 times. I also watched the entire 2017 season, losses and all, over the course of 2018. So yeah, a lot.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I think I've sat down to watch a replay of the 2018 GF once.

It's been replayed on Fox Footy dozens of times since and I've watched a bit here and there, but it's not like every time it's on I sit down to watch it again. I'll probably watch the game in full again if we stink this year so I can reminisce but I don't feel the need to watch it over and over Xtreme-styles. One thing you do get out of watching it a few times is you notice players/moments that you didn't appreciate the first time around. On average each team took 11 contested marks per game over the season. We were #1 and averaged 14 then had 15 and 14 in our first two finals then 23 in the GF. Huge factor.

It is nice when I flick on the TV at 6.45 or something and they have a replay finishing at 7.00 so I get the last few minutes.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I've listened to the 2014 GF radio calls far too many times, I can probably remember line for line of the 2014 AFL Live call.

"They've stuck it right up Sydney without vase, a real sand paper job"
"Rougheeeeaaaad!! goes into air conveyance, immortality"
"Hawthorn have gone BANG! in maire of a hiroshima performance I've rarely seen"

Back