How Many Trades Have Been Confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

WCE2000

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2000
the pub
On my web-site i have a list of confirmed trades, definate trades that have not yet been confirmed, trades offered and trade rumours.
So far i have only one confirmed trade and that is Rehn to Hawthorn for number 12 draft pick.
For some reason i have not been able to log on to AFL.Com.au to get my trade information, and i find it very difficult to believe there is only 1 trade that has been finalized so far.
Can some people help me out here, ASAP....

------------------
For all your footballing needs be sure to visit my AFL web-site at http://www.geocities.com/eastsydney5/index.html

Actually a correction - it's the Swans 1st (8) and 3rd Round (40) picks.

Craig Kelly his manager said on the radio tonight that it was sign, sealed and delivered.

WCE2000,

I have had the same problem, trying to decipher from the newspapers which trades are confirmed and which are not.

In an article from the realfooty website, it says that Steven Lawrence has been traded to St Kilda for its third round pick (no 32). (Which by the way I am very happy with, welcome home Steve!)

However, I don't know for sure if this trade has been confirmed and is official.

I will check your site anyway, I haven't looked at it yet.

sainter...

Brisbane Lions on-line members were today e-mailed and told that Steve Lawrence HAS NOT been traded to St Kilda...and that media reports to the contrary are inaccurate.

BTW Stevie IS already at home!

[This message has been edited by Calamity (edited 08 September 2000).]

I AM sorry!

I was referring to the fact that his Dad was a captain and champion for the St Kilda Football Club.

My understanding is that your club is willing to offload him and he is keen to go to St Kilda.

We will know by next TUESDAY!

Richard taylor and michael collica to west coast for pick number 21 in the draft - it has been confirmed!

Also rumoured is David Bourke for Jess Sinclair.

Anyone heard anything else its getting ****in boring!!!!!

sainter.. thanks for your response..

I'll continue by saying that the Lions have also said that they are not looking to 'offload' stevie, but are waiting for his decision regarding St Kilda's OFFER to him..

where ever he plays next year, that team will benefit from a player who wears his heart on his sleeve..

Calamity,

Sorry for sounding a little abrupt before.

According to the saints forum, Lawrence spoke to 3AW and basically said that he had been a saints supporter all this life and would love to play for the saints. (Don't hear this often so saints supporters savour these kind of comments)

His family are reportedly moving back to Melbourne and should make the transition easier.

By the way, I was led to believe that after a few of his indiscretions the lions were more than willing to trade him for a suitable contract.

We have been crying out for a small tough defender like him for years. Hopefully Cripps will be back for next year and our backline can be more like 97.

Going to St Kilda will probably help him straighten out his life I reckon. At least down there the public will make him accountable for his actions. Up here that just doesn't happen.

Yeah oh_my_hat, i have been checking out that web-site, because the AFL.com.au website just doesn't get updated enough, once or twice a day maximum and it gets very frustrating, because the Sydney media doesn't comment on AFL all that readily, especially when the Olympics are one week away.

------------------
For all your footballing needs be sure to visit my AFL web-site at http://www.geocities.com/eastsydney5/index.html

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back