Other How Many US Residents Post Here?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's been a while since I have visited this forum and it looks much busier than it used to. I was wondering how many US citizens are posting here and are regular contributors?
2 come straight to mind.
One who lives in Atlanta and 1 who works in the NFL and lives in Los Angeles.

The Atlanta guy seems to come and go, see him post every few months.
The LA guy has been regular, but I also think he's a newbie.

2 come straight to mind.
One who lives in Atlanta and 1 who works in the NFL and lives in Los Angeles.

The Atlanta guy seems to come and go, see him post every few months.
The LA guy has been regular, but I also think he's a newbie.

Atlanta - worlds busiest airport (absolutely massive). Been there and visited World of Coca Cola (62 types or so!), Olympic Park and Hooters.

Yeah, I've been hanging out here a bit since I started working for the NFL in Digital Media in LA. I'm from Melbourne and moved here last May to marry my wife who is a local. Got my Green Card in September and started work here at the NFL at the start of Feb. It's been crazy busy (the offseason is when we at our busiest) but there's a great bunch of people here.

I've also lived in the states (New York) previously in the late 90s, but the West Coast is a totally different lifestyle.

Hard at work:
IMG_20150226_083025650_HDR_zpsicuoq2h5.jpg

Speaking of such… AE's very own RiggoDiesel44 is a US citizen who is actually making the trip Down Under mid year.. Of other guys who are Yankee's who live Down Under now is Boknows34 and we all (should) know ausbacker is a Aussie living abroad.

Atlanta - worlds busiest airport (absolutely massive). Been there and visited World of Coca Cola (62 types or so!), Olympic Park and Hooters.
Didn't do world of coca cola, if I had another 3-4 hours in Atlanta I would've gone in.
Didn't like Atlanta hooters much. Santa Monica and Orlando (I-Drive) were great. Atlanta and New York? Crap.

It's been a while since I have visited this forum and it looks much busier than it used to. I was wondering how many US citizens are posting here and are regular contributors?

Where you been Oh_my_hat? Since you disappeared, this board has blossomed to some epic proportions with a handful of the vets including NakedDeadGuy , JeffDunne , GeeCats07 , manureid , danielz_23 amongst those long time campaigners lingering around.. Cowboy campaigners who have gone on to clinch AE glory include Burningleviathan & Chism .

Yeah, I've been hanging out here a bit since I started working for the NFL in Digital Media in LA. I'm from Melbourne and moved here last May to marry my wife who is a local. Got my Green Card in September and started work here at the NFL at the start of Feb. It's been crazy busy (the offseason is when we at our busiest) but there's a great bunch of people here.

I've also lived in the states (New York) previously in the late 90s, but the West Coast is a totally different lifestyle.

Hard at work:
IMG_20150226_083025650_HDR_zpsicuoq2h5.jpg

Living the dream

Speaking of such… AE's very own RiggoDiesel44 is a US citizen who is actually making the trip Down Under mid year.. Of other guys who are Yankee's who live Down Under now is Boknows34 and we all (should) know ausbacker is a Aussie living abroad.
Damn right. I've been to Melbourne once before...but not during footy season. THIS time will be different. Bucket list kind of thing, going to the footy (this is kind of like Woodson's journey to Pittsburgh). Some good games planned....Sydney @ Geelong, Collingwood vs. Carlton (no dog in the hunt here, just want to see the nastiest rivalry), Geelong vs. Hawthorn, and lower level footy as well. So stoked!

Glad to be on the board. I don't check it as often as I used to....but when I need a dose of footy banter, this is where I go.

Damn right. I've been to Melbourne once before...but not during footy season. THIS time will be different. Bucket list kind of thing, going to the footy (this is kind of like Woodson's journey to Pittsburgh). Some good games planned....Sydney @ Geelong, Collingwood vs. Carlton (no dog in the hunt here, just want to see the nastiest rivalry), Geelong vs. Hawthorn, and lower level footy as well. So stoked!

Glad to be on the board. I don't check it as often as I used to....but when I need a dose of footy banter, this is where I go.
And you think Collingwood vs Carlton is that?
Adelaide-Port Adelaide puts all other rivalries to shame.
Other than Geelong-Hawthorn, nothing else in the last decade comes close. EDIT: Except maybe the Derby.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other than Geelong-Hawthorn, nothing else in the last decade comes close.
Yeah, I would put Adelaide vs. Port Adelaide as the best rivalry in the AFL. When both sides are flying, the contests are brutal both on and off the park.

It would be interesting to see footage of Carr vs. Ricciuto at the Ramsgate.

Other than Geelong-Hawthorn, nothing else in the last decade comes close. EDIT: Except maybe the Derby.

You're correct.....Carlton-Collingwood, not exactly a marquee matchup, but coordinating when I could go, award travel availability, Cats' schedule, other logistics.....these were the games available for when I'll be able to go. Honestly, I just want to go to the footy. It's something totally new for me. Sure, I want to see the Cats....but really, I just want to go to as many games as I can. But I know what you mean. I'm very discriminating as to what sports I attend here, just because I've been to so many different ones and really only want to see epic games/rivalries/venues. Adelaide-Port sounds great.....but I'll only be in Melbourne.

I hope Geelong put up more of a fight for you than what they did on Monday. I've barely missed a Geelong - Hawthorn game since 05 and the home and away ones at the peak of the rivalry (which Hawthorn lost) were absolute classics. Tide appears to have turned though and Hawthorn has won the past 3 easily. The prelim of 2013 was incredible, when Hawthorn cleared it from that last kick in the crowd lost it (so did I).

I hope Geelong put up more of a fight for you than what they did on Monday. I've barely missed a Geelong - Hawthorn game since 05 and the home and away ones at the peak of the rivalry (which Hawthorn lost) were absolute classics. Tide appears to have turned though and Hawthorn has won the past 3 easily. The prelim of 2013 was incredible, when Hawthorn cleared it from that last kick in the crowd lost it (so did I).
Been following footy only since 2011...and it's been pretty good for Geelong. Thud. They may have hit the wall. Then again, they're playing more players with <100 games than anyone in the comp. Still weird for them to get run at home vs. Freo (regardless of how good Freo is) and to have to work to get by GC, also at home. Might be a long season. Meanwhile, The Hawks reload......

Favorite game so far? Easy...the Hawkins goal after the buzzer in 2012. Watched game during breakfast....great way to start my Friday! That goal was good, but the one he kicked just before, set up by Smedts was even better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back