How many weeks for cotchin's dangerous tackle?

Remove this Banner Ad

If you would seriously pick any of them ahead of Cotchin I don't know what to say. To me it seems ignorant and ridiculous, but each to their own I guess.
screams of a bloke who uses supercoach to judge the best players. the moment you use stats to talk about cotchin youve entirely missed the point of what he brings to the game and team and why he is captain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He hasn't got 20 touches since round 14 and he's running at 'average' on basically every stat. inb4 he gets 30 and kicks 2 on us. I could pick 10 blokes in Richmond that I'd rather see miss than him.
That would make him our 11th best player. And that means he adds more than 11 others.

I'm really surprised by the result and thought the opposite would happen - Lynch no case to answer due to impact too low and Cotchin at least having to fight a week.

I wouldn't be surprised if Richmond took the fine to the tribunal as they did with Vlaustin and Grimes, although the charge of 'misconduct' seems to be a bit of a catch-all in this case - the AFL wanted to make sure something stuck and using a catch-all ensures that.

So you’re saying it’s within the rules of the game to tackle around the neck and sling someone to the ground also to do it after the play has stopped If that was in the nrl he gets 2-3 weeks for a tackle like that
I didnt realise Trent Cotchin played in the NRL and, that aside, everyone should agree that your opinion should be treated as judge, jury and executioner.

since apparently you're too stupid to remember what actually happened, here it is again.

play has stopped, as you can see from everyone staring at the ump
tough guy bouffant cotchin then comes in with a coathanger and uses centrifugal motion to try and rip jones' head off.

which part of that is accidental?
the part where he tackles him after play has stopped? the part where it is very obviously high despite jones standing upright? or the part where he continues the tackle even after he knows its high, dragging the player to ground by his neck?

Jones can take advantage in that situation, nothing wrong with going for a tackle - it’s poor footy if you let a bloke out the back with advantage. Got him high, would be a free kick to Jones if advantage was paid. That’s it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back