How many weeks for Coughlin?

Remove this Banner Ad

0 weeks

Absolutely nothing in it. 2 players going for the ball with Winderlich ducking his head at the last second. You have got to be having a laugh if you think that deserves a suspension.

this part is correct, and if you see it again and dont believe that winderlich ducked his head at the last moment when he seen coughlan coming then you are either a) an essendon supporter or b) blind

he should be fine, because it was just a hard contest and kudos to both boys for going hard with 10 secs left in the game, but winderlich definetly added to the contact at the last moment

lol wut? It wasn't be worst and certainly was no where near the filth that Michael Long did I assume you are talking about.

Coughlan went for the ball just as hard as Winderlich but didn't dive in head first. Should he be punished for making that decision.

It wasn't a bump. Just a hard contest for the footy.

1 week if they must punish him for having a different mode of attack. 4 would be laughable.

He made contact with his head with a fair bit of force. I couldn't care less if he gets 0,1,4 or 8 weeks. When i said worst, I was talking in terms of damage that it could have caused, especially with Winderlich's history. Not saying he did the wrong thing going hard at the ball and contesting, it just looked ugly.

Thats the worst front on contact bump i have seen since the 2000 Grand Final... Who knows what the MRP will do though? Considering what Winderlichs been through, i was worried he wasnt going to get up.

Wasn't it a tribute to Michael Long?

Don't think Long got any weeks...

Coughlan is not a dirty player. His intention was the ball - yet if you watch the footage - he ends up hip and shouldering Winderlich. Not looking good for him.

Was not malicious but was dangerous in the end. Personally would like a reprimand - but if it were a Freo player 4 weeks minimum - likely 1 maybe a points decision under 100.

if they suspend coughlan, they are saying that he should have gone in head first, and then we have the rance-selwood incident hapening again.

:thumbsu:
unfortunately this is true.
The afl need to look at this for next season because it has set a reckless precedent by saying any contact to the head is a free. for the sake of a free a lot of players are now leading with their heads, diving head first into opposing players to draw a free and that isnt what the rule was intended for. The rule was to stop a hip&shoulder/charge to a players head when they had the ball. not for 50/50 contests.

its at the point now that you can careen (sp?) head first into a stationery opponent and draw a free. Do we wait until someone breaks a neck doing this before we act.

0 weeks

Absolutely nothing in it. 2 players going for the ball with Winderlich ducking his head at the last second. You have got to be having a laugh if you think that deserves a suspension.

Thats my point and to the Essendon fans in q53 more so one lady and every other essendon fan wanting cogs gone. 2 people going for the ball is now reportable then your truely idiots.

lol wut? It wasn't be worst and certainly was no where near the filth that Michael Long did I assume you are talking about.

Coughlan went for the ball just as hard as Winderlich but didn't dive in head first. Should he be punished for making that decision.

It wasn't a bump. Just a hard contest for the footy.

1 week if they must punish him for having a different mode of attack. 4 would be laughable.

Surprised you would even concede a week for what was an incident resulting from 2 players having purely eyes for the ball, no malice intended, with no time to change course once the committment was made. Not unlike last weeks incident involving Rance where heads clashed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully he is okay.

The guy he did it too likes to duck his head so that may help him out.
You're calling Winderlich soft?

No clue.

Re: Coughlan. It was up the other end of the ground so I didn't really see it live, but on replay I didn't see anything suspension worthy.

Lovett-Murray: Him being suspended could only help our cause.

Dempsey: He'll probably get a reprimand, and to be fair deserves one purely for stupidity.

feel sorry for winderlich copying the bump, but i don't think coughlan deserves suspension. i'm glad he did get reported, as it does enough to suggest that the player is bordering on a suspendable act. But he should be cleared.

Lovett-Murray has probably a little bit to worry about. But anything more than a week would be a farce.

Feel bad to say it because i like Coughlin but i reckon he is in a heap of trouble.

If this were 2008 he would get atleast 4 weeks for his high bump on Winderlich but hopefully they have become a bit more lenient for his sake.

Let's bear in mind that Winderlich's career almost ended because of a pretty bad back injury.

From the same game NLM should expect to get a week or 2 depending on loading. It was a nice hip and shoulder but a bit late and these days if you connect with the head, even though it is a text book hip and shoulder, you still get rubbed out.

Any other likely sightings from the games so far?
****ing weak as piss comment..

if he gets anything for that, the AFL tribunal is a joke.

he went for the ball, had eyes on the ball, and then when he saw he was going to knock heads with winderlich turned his body to try prevent causing serious injury. looked bad at first glance, but if you saw the replay you would know.

in saying that the AFL tribunal are a bunch of dumb F***'s

if he didnt turn his body it would have been a repeat of rance and selwoods collision.

Are people taking the piss or what?

How on earth can anyone with any idea think that coughiln deserves weeks for that incident. He was going for the ball for heavens sake! At the last second he turned to protect himself or they both would have clashed heads.

if he gets anything for that, the AFL tribunal is a joke.

he went for the ball, had eyes on the ball, and then when he saw he was going to knock heads with winderlich turned his body to try prevent causing serious injury. looked bad at first glance, but if you saw the replay you would know.

in saying that the AFL tribunal are a bunch of dumb F***'s

if he didnt turn his body it would have been a repeat of rance and selwoods collision.

Yep, turned his body to protect himself. Wasn't a bump as such.

Coughlan approached the contest in the traditional manner so as to protect himself and people think he will be suspended for it? If he gets rubbed out, the AFL will have a seriosu problem for themselves as players will no longer turn their body to protect their head and instead will go in head-first to try and get the free. Actually cracking down on head high contact may result in more serious injuries. The exact thing the AFL wants to eliminate.

Its ridiculous to suggest that he should be suspended for that. At the ground I thought he might be in trouble, but seeing the replay on the footy show, he didn't choose to bump, they both went for the ball and Couglan was smart enough to keep his head out of the danger area.

If you are going on the logic that he hit winderlicks head, then both Rance and Selwood would be suspended for there head clash a couple of weeks back!!

Was exactly the type of incident that warranted the change of approach by the tribunal............probably between 3-6 weeks for Cogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back