How many weeks for eye gouging

Remove this Banner Ad

That is a disgraceful decision by the AFL, he should have got a month for that.

We all know the Jed Lamb backstory, it is terribly unfortunate what happened to his dad however his behaviour on the park is reprehensible.

He is a dead set dirty sniper and has no place in the game.

I really look forward to him getting cut at the end of the year and not have to endure his antics anymore.

Not sure how he only got a week.

Other serious misconduct suspensions recently:
Conor McKenna - 3 weeks for biting someone who I can't remember
Chris Masten - 2 weeks for biting Nic Suban
Jimmy Webster - 2 weeks for eye gouging Nic Suban
Chris Judd - 3 weeks for eye gouging Michael Rischitelli

The precedent is clearly 2-3 weeks. No reason for Lamb to get less.

He is such a s**t player I guess to Carlton fans the longer the sentence the better hey.

Sicily got 1 week for stomping (treading?) on a leg. I think that should be the difference, when no serious injury occurs, between misconduct to body v misconduct to the head and face.

1-2 weeks for body, 2-3 weeks for face. Eye gouging is an extremely dangerous act.

Obviously if serious injury occurs as a consequence these precedents should be blown out of the water and a player should be looking at 6+ weeks.

For Lamb to get the same punishment as Sicily is ridiculous. Sicily deserved a week but not on the same level as an eye gouge.

Sicily got 1 week for stomping (treading?) on a leg. I think that should be the difference, when no serious injury occurs, between misconduct to body v misconduct to the head and face.

1-2 weeks for body, 2-3 weeks for face. Eye gouging is an extremely dangerous act.

Obviously if serious injury occurs as a consequence these precedents should be blown out of the water and a player should be looking at 6+ weeks.

For Lamb to get the same punishment as Sicily is ridiculous. Sicily deserved a week but not on the same level as an eye gouge.
Agree, there wouldn't be too many more scarier moments for a person who is pinned to the ground helpless with their attackers fingers groping at their eyes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, there wouldn't be too many more scarier moments for a person who is pinned to the ground helpless with their attackers fingers groping at their eyes.

No doubt.

And I do agree with the opinions in this thread that it should be worth a month+, but would think 2-3 would be more in line with past decisions. It's terrible and there's no defending or excusing it, no matter the colours worn.

The AFL should really challenge that week!

There was talk prior to the match that Lamb was going to target Gresham, so in other words it was also premeditated
That's all Lamb does. He's a shitful footballer.

Deisel Williams said it best.
"I also hate the pushing and the shoving and, you know, (Jed) Lamb from Carlton just hassling blokes because he’s not that good a player. They’re allowed to punch and push opponents ... it’s weak as water, that. Carlton are doing it and they can’t even play. They’re s---house and they’re going around acting like they’re tough. I think it’s disgusting. It does nothing for the game and for junior football."

I didn't realise that Jed Lamb was so .............. regarded by the football community (including by Carlton supporters).

It puts the whack he got Bachar Houli into a bit more perspective (Houli got 4 and rightly so - and everyone else was surprised because it was the first physical thing they had ever seen Houli do).

Makes you think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back