MRP How many weeks for Gaff? LIVE Tribunal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRK_13

Senior List
Jul 15, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Cant get over Barry Hall’s 7 weeks (Early plea or not), and now Gaff gets 8?

Trial by media.

Anyway, the most important thing is , the media can quiet down, and Brayshaw recovers well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doashuey

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
About what was expected. Much less and this would have dragged out, any more just excessive. Get it out of the way and lets get on with the business of winning the flag.

Juddy88

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 7, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham, East Perth
8 is right. You can compare it to Hall all you like, but they got that horribly wrong. Times have changed, you can't do that anywhere now.

Lewis getting 3 is a joke, but he's from Vic, what do you expect?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cotcho

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
I disagreed with elements of the defence, but what was terrible about it exactly? What would you have done differently?
I think it was a mistake to show footage of being checked off the ball. I think it was a bigger mistake to claim he wasn't frustrated by the attention. I think it's obvious he was checked off the ball as he always is, and it's obvious he was frustrated because he's never had an incident like that in the past.
He made a mistake, he meant to whack Brayshaw but obviously didn't mean to get him in the mouth like that.
I would've simply done the character references and explain being sick with guilt over doing it. And just mention he meant to whack him but not hurt him like that. Leaving it at that would have been more effective.
People are now claiming he's a liar etc. And imo that's unfair.

new breed

Premium Platinum
Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Hamish might need to move on I reckon ...as good a bloke and midfielder he could be , the whole media circus and Nisbett press conference might not be worth all the reminders .

Might be best for both parties if the family situation is what it sounds like .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom