MRP / Trib. How many weeks for Gaff? LIVE Tribunal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not worse than Cameron’s (also has a bad record), not worse than Hall’s (also has a bad record). Lewis got three for breaking a jaw (bad record).

Ah well, who expected a reasonable outcome in this feeding frenzy. Hopefully the outrage clicks were worth it.

8 weeks, it was there whether intentional or not. He's done the crime and now to do the time, hopefully coming back better than ever next year in the blue and gold. All the best to Brayshaw and his recovery.

Steven Baker got nine weeks in 2010
for 3 seperate things.

8 weeks is excessive. 6 weeks would have been right.

He got tried by media like no other player has before. Ironic considering its his first ever offence, and there was no intent to do damage.

Its bullshit. Everyone who punches should get 8 because it can go wrong . This isnt justice its a mock up .

If I run a red light i cop a fine. If I run a red light and smash into a car killing someone I go to prison.

Unfortunately when you put yourself in the position where you're doing an illegal act your destiny is with the universe. It's terrible luck for Brayshaw and Gaff. That's what sucks. I knew he'd cop plenty of weeks but I'm sad by the defence because I feel like it will egg non eagles supporters to attack Gaffs character now. And that will be the unfair part.

I think most non morons know Gaffs not a bad guy which is why they should have left it at. "I felt sick and didn't want to play. I didn't want to hit yet him like that". Cop the weeks but maintain the good reputation.

The point being that it’s a criminal action. Wearing a jumper and being paid to play on a big ground doesn’t leave you invulnerable to criminal conduct. Terry Wallace launched legal action long after rod grinter bailed him. I would be amazed if the day came that afl players were arrested and charged for actions during a game but the reality is that if I did this to you in the stands this afternoon, I’d be spending more than 3, 4, 5 or 6 weeks in jail. It’s a shocking look for the game. Slice it, dice it, bend it over if you like. He won’t play again in 2018 regardless of how your season plays out
Prophetic

When you look at the incident in isolation you have to say it was deserved.

When you compare it to other incidents (Bugg and Lewis) then I think it's a bit excessive. No way was it as bad as Hall, but that was in a different era. Him still only getting 7 though was a joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Gaff gets more than what Hall did, that would be a joke. Im not downplaying what Gaff did, but Hall’s hit was an intentional blow to the jaw (squared up with eye contact), and Hall has a worse track record than Sudan at the Winter Olympics.
Hall should have got 16 minimum in my book. The early plea bullshit was a crock of s**t - fine for a one or two weeker but anything over 200 activation points (or whatever the * they used to call them) should have been ineligible for the reduction.

Well that's that. I hope the media are happy with that. They've now taken out another player for the season due to their witchhunt.

I personally thought 5 to 6 was sufficient.

Anyway I'm feeling quite numb now but andrew gaff if that was the last game you ever played for us I'll completely forget it on the basis on how you played all those other games for us.

As for andrew brayshaw I hope you get well quickly. Such a shame you have also had to go through this.

Back to gaff. I do hope you stay but if you dont its totally understandable especially after this. The media have attacked you as if you had murdered the prime ministers grandchild.

On a side note a personal up yours to the AFL seven west basil *face zemplias tom percy ross Lyon trevor nisbett and Matthew pavlich for being all attention seeking whores in this ordeal and making this much bigger than it is . A stray bad punch now is worse than halls efforts.

I hope the club comes out from this stronger. And annihilates every team in it's way to the grand final.

In the mean time I hope how everyone *s off and move on

And to the trolls that are acting holier than art thou. Every team has had an incident like this and in regards to culture right now. Freo with out a doubt is the worst in the league.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would really like Simmo to sit all the boys down first thing tomorrow and set out what an opportunity the playing group now has. Everyone will be writing us off, we've lost two of our best players, our culture's being question, you'll never get such an opportunity to prove them all wrong and smash their face in the proverbial humble pie.

I don't care if we still lose but from a supporter point of view, I want to see a lift from every player as if to say an enormous * you to mainly the AFL media. If I saw that I'd be the proudest I've been as a supporter in years regardless of the result.

If Bugg got 6 weeks when the bloke he striked played the next week Gaff was always going to get 8 considering Brayshaw can't bloody eat solids for a month. It's fair, he stuffed up he pays the price. Good record should really be irrelevant considering how extreme this case is.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well that apology his second public one might be enough plus the record equalling suspension to get some of the opportunistic outrage pitchfork holding mob of our back. Just kidding obviously it should have been the death penalty. Well the West Australian can go * itself and particularly Basil ******* Zempilas. There are a few I am completely done with. This has been awful for Andrew Brayshaw and the Brayshaw family. It has been awful for Andrew Gaff and his family. It has been awful for the club itself and the fans. I doubt that the *heads amongst opposition fans will give us a break from it but you never know. I hope Gaff stays but if he goes he has done a lot for this club and aside from this one act he has been a great servant to this club and I wish him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back