Ghossein

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Team Arrogance
I honestly believe Gaff was not trying to punch Brayshaw in the face and also know that Freo have painted the injuries sustained by Brayshaw very strongly (e.g. the part about his teeth potentially being unviable is pure speculation). But if I was an Eagles fan I would be extremely disappointed with the effort of your defence QC whose arguments on (a) the off the ball checking experienced by Gaff, (b) the lack of unconditional apology, (c) lack of science and evidence demonstrating Brayshaw lowered his body, (d) claiming it was an intended push rather than punch and more all amounted to a really poor defense. I sincerely hope I'm wrong because I don't think Gaff had any intention at all to create the impact he did, but I had initially thought Gaff would get 8-10 weeks, but now think it will be 10-12+.

its 8 tho

May 8, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
fc63d308086e5a5d1d6be429e9c97b6f.jpg
You were sitting on that all day i bet.

DRK_13

Senior List
Jul 15, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Cant get over Barry Hall’s 7 weeks (Early plea or not), and now Gaff gets 8?

Trial by media.

Anyway, the most important thing is , the media can quiet down, and Brayshaw recovers well.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
About what was expected. Much less and this would have dragged out, any more just excessive. Get it out of the way and lets get on with the business of winning the flag.

Abed

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
eagles will appeal. 8 is manifestly excessive compared to priors such as Lewis
I doubt we'll appeal. With everything that has happened over the past couple of days, we'll look like even bigger monsters if we appeal.

8 is right. You can compare it to Hall all you like, but they got that horribly wrong. Times have changed, you can't do that anywhere now.

Lewis getting 3 is a joke, but he's from Vic, what do you expect?

Cotcho

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
I disagreed with elements of the defence, but what was terrible about it exactly? What would you have done differently?

I think it was a mistake to show footage of being checked off the ball. I think it was a bigger mistake to claim he wasn't frustrated by the attention. I think it's obvious he was checked off the ball as he always is, and it's obvious he was frustrated because he's never had an incident like that in the past.
He made a mistake, he meant to whack Brayshaw but obviously didn't mean to get him in the mouth like that.
I would've simply done the character references and explain being sick with guilt over doing it. And just mention he meant to whack him but not hurt him like that. Leaving it at that would have been more effective.
People are now claiming he's a liar etc. And imo that's unfair.

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
8 *en weeks

Had enough of the AFL andatheir bullshit

From Hall and Cotchin being cleared to play a GF. Fyfe allowed his Brownlow.
Maxwell ok to break Ginners jaw.
Hodge and Mitchell ok to snipe.
Lewis gets 3 for the same thing as Gaff

Get ****ed

WCE Wizard

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
About what was expected. Much less and this would have dragged out, any more just excessive. Get it out of the way and lets get on with the business of winning the flag.
Yep we need to move on quick we have a game this Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back