How many weeks for Mackay?

Remove this Banner Ad

I love how Geelong gets a key player rubbed out for multiple weeks for some bullshit, there's a fuss in the media, and then a very similar incident happens later in the season to another club and their player gets off. Every. *******. Year.

Just once I'd like some other club to be the test case and for us to be the ones that get looked at once the AFL has done its usual backflip for no apparent reason.
Surely you aren't comparing this to Dangerfield?

Not even close to similar! Danger (assuming you're referring to his huge bump vs. Crows) deviated well off the line of the ball, directly towards the player he cleaned up, with intent to clean him up. The vision down the ground showed this as plain as day. Ridiculous to try and compare the two!

What sh!ts me the most about all of this that a player that is an important part of the team is now not going to be able to play for a couple of months at least, in pain and has to consume food from a blend for a lot of that time. But that's okay because according some, we can't take the bump out of footy.

It wasn't a bump.

Ok, I’ve read enough.
Someone please tell me why McKay is such a whipping boy for the Crows?
Its Mackay.

The general feeling is he isn't consistent enough to warrant selection given he's 32 and we're rebuilding. This year he's played about 3 good games. Not good enough given he's our most experienced player.

Just saw the AFL 360 segment, Whateley looked devo'd at how completely off base he was with his assessment. Still waffled on about how one day that will be illegal.

What a flog.

I was surprised and happy when I found out Mackay was rightfully cleared

This is tempered though by the fact that the AFL will simply amend the rules to ensure the next accident actually gets suspended

can’t wait for Liam Ryan to be suspended for his hip hitting someone in the head whilst taking a speccy

Gleeson “So Ryan did you consider at all player X’s health when you took that mark of the year?”

I was surprised and happy when I found out Mackay was rightfully cleared

This is tempered though by the fact that the AFL will simply amend the rules to ensure the next accident actually gets suspended

can’t wait for Liam Ryan to be suspended for his hip hitting someone in the head whilst taking a speccy

Gleeson “So Ryan did you consider at all player X’s health when you took that mark of the year?”
Except he won't go for the speccy at all because he won't want to risk suspension.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's footy, it's a contact sport, you can never eliminate head clashes. He didn't bump he literally braced for contact. Also he won't make a difference whether your team makes finals or not.
There it is. In black and white. He won’t make a difference so why bother. Let’s have a different set of rules for some, and not the rest.

Dunstall and Brown said nothing to see here….play on.
But they both agreed with Kingy that change is coming ??
Please explain ???
To me that suggests that actions such as Mackays will be outlawed.
Dunstall who was saying that going for the ball is part of the AFL players DNA did not respond to David Kings point about going for the ball risking taking players legs out.
Can‘t have have it all ways Jason.

Dunstall and Brown said nothing to see here….play on.
But they both agreed with Kingy that change is coming ??
Please explain ???
To me that suggests that actions such as Mackays will be outlawed.
Dunstall who was saying that going for the ball is part of the AFL players DNA did not respond to David Kings point about going for the ball risking taking players legs out.

And yet King wouldn't answer the question about JB and Riewoldts marks.

It goes both way.

Johnathon Brown wears his collisions and kamakaze marks as a badge of honour.
Hopefully he doesn’t suffer down the track for head knock trauma.
If players start getting compensation from the AFL for injuries in their competition then I reckon JB will be getting in the queue.
His thoughts on collisions in 2021 may differ down the track when he has his hand out.

Watching AFL360 last night, seems like David King never got over the 98 Grand Final, beady eyed flog

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ok, I’ve read enough.
Someone please tell me why McKay is such a whipping boy for the Crows?
As a midfielder/wing player.. hes played nearly 250 games and has earnt just 1 brownlow vote. Yep... 1!

shouldve been delisted end of 2018.

but as others have said.. you could never question his attack on the ball and willingness to put his body on the line... just a pity hes s**t at football.

Yes he did. He pointed out that you can still go for the ball, just need to keep your feet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back