flyinghi64

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2006
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Yep, think Rioli will be more than likely in trouble for that tackle.
The Ziebel front on to Ryan was worse than what Rioli did last week and resulted in a free kick. Bet this won't get the air time Rioli did last week.

LukeParkerno1

Post-Human
Sep 23, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
They won't like the fact the bloke had to be subbed out. Think he has more of an issue this week than last week

banzai

Premiership Player
Oct 14, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Thought Willie was very lucky last week and should have gone. No way should he go for that tackle though, doesnt look to drive him forward at all.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Shouldn't have even been a free kick, as Rioli wasn't in his back.
I could have sworn the umpire blew a holding the ball free kick against LDU. Willie got up with the ball and started to go back to take his kick before he realised LDU was hurt and handed the ball to the umpire to check on him.
Did the umpire reverse the decision after looking at the replays or was the initial call in the back?

bzparkes

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I could have sworn the umpire blew a holding the ball free kick against LDU. Willie got up with the ball and started to go back to take his kick before he realised LDU was hurt and handed the ball to the umpire to check on him.
Did the umpire reverse the decision after looking at the replays or was the initial call in the back?
That's actually what I thought too but was too lazy to check as people were saying it was a free paid against Rioli :p

JackOutback

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
That's actually what I thought too but was too lazy to check as people were saying it was a free paid against Rioli :p
Thought the same, looked a textbook tackle, went to the side and not in his back at all, imo. But to be fair, they were consistent on any tackle that propelled the player with the ball forward.

The Kings Ransom

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Rioli involved in the rowell incident.
Also gives away a downfield free for a late hit last week
Now LDU tackle.
He’s toeing the line!

Remove this Banner Ad