How many weeks for Tom lynch?

lol you are taking the piss yeah?

he ******* chest bumped him...

lynch hit the bloke in the guts.....

completely different

Do you often chest bump people whilst also swinging your arm around near their stomach?

It's honestly not even worth having a discussion with you if you're not even going to pay attention and put your biases aside.

Lol you tiger supporters are ******* bananas

I can admit Devon smiths a diver and you Bellends can’t do the same With your own player. Yet I’m the biased one. Haha

Lynch is a piss weak player who hits people behind play. That’s his legacy.

Earlier today Christian asked Richmond to provide a character reference for young Tom.

We sent him a link to the 2019 Prelim.
You obviously don’t have a clue what a character reference is

bjwilliams

All Australian
Apr 6, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Really have to wonder sometimes how the opposition fans calling for Lynch to be rubbed out would feel if a player from their teams got rubbed out for something similar, that didn't cause Collins any damage except for taking the wind out of him for a moment or 2.

Forwards & midfielders have used forceful shoves for years to create separation in contests or just before a contest. Sometimes you get the player in the 'wrong' spot and it takes their breath away and it's really not that much different to a fend off where players thrust their arm into an opponents chest to stop them from being tackled.

Now granted it's not a great look when a player gets dropped off the ball like Collins did, but fact is that actions like this happen dozens of times every game and 99.9% of the time the opposition player won't get hit in the wrong spot and will just find themselves struggling to make up ground rather than gasping for air.

Think about how many times you've been at or watching a game and see a forward & defender standing side by side with the defender scragging in the background of the play and then when the ball goes in to their area the forward suddenly has a 2-3 metre gap on his opponent. Sometimes it's a great lead, but on occasion it's body work be it a shove or a swim move that gets the defender off balance.

Maybe if umpires started pinging defenders who grab and scrag 50m off the ball their would be no reason for forwards to have to use actions like this to get separation so they can have a fair chance at contesting for the ball.

This has to be some of the most ridiculous stuff written on this site. What about Lynch's swing with his arm suggests it was a "forceful shove". You don't have people punched in the gut dozens of times in a game. Seriously.

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
If Campbell brown was still there he would be dead.

Browns a bit of a dickhead too though mind you

Problem is, Lynch would probably kick 10 if Brown was he direct opponent today..!

Loved Brown dogs passion but most of us lost count of how many goals he donated to the opposition with his 50m penalties (usually due to umpire abuse) during his career at the Hawks...

May 29, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Like all fervent AFL supporters there is nothing better than seeing a Tiger supporter all wound up however with all due respect the gut punch by the AFL's prime nancy boy Tom Lynch on Sam Collins was less impactful than what my 5 year old could hand out.

Even more laughable was Collins being felled by the pathetic Aarts attempt to strike which would have been lucky to extinguish a small candle.

So where does this leave soft as yoghurt Collins who carried on like an absolute immature sulking goose in the changerooms afterwards?

Seriously give me back 80s footy any day!!

Lynch was being scragged 50m off the ball by an opponent trying to stop him playing the ball on it's merits. While his act was deliberate, where he shoved/hit him wasn't. As I've said numerous times today, that action happens dozens of times a game, it's just the 0.1% of the time that the opponent cops it in the bread basket that it stands out. Can guarantee the likes of Hawkins Esava Dangerfield would all do similar things when playing forward or in the midfield to try and get separation from a close checking opponent.
Delusional

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Really have to wonder sometimes how the opposition fans calling for Lynch to be rubbed out would feel if a player from their teams got rubbed out for something similar, that didn't cause Collins any damage except for taking the wind out of him for a moment or 2.

Forwards & midfielders have used forceful shoves for years to create separation in contests or just before a contest. Sometimes you get the player in the 'wrong' spot and it takes their breath away and it's really not that much different to a fend off where players thrust their arm into an opponents chest to stop them from being tackled.

Now granted it's not a great look when a player gets dropped off the ball like Collins did, but fact is that actions like this happen dozens of times every game and 99.9% of the time the opposition player won't get hit in the wrong spot and will just find themselves struggling to make up ground rather than gasping for air.

Think about how many times you've been at or watching a game and see a forward & defender standing side by side with the defender scragging in the background of the play and then when the ball goes in to their area the forward suddenly has a 2-3 metre gap on his opponent. Sometimes it's a great lead, but on occasion it's body work be it a shove or a swim move that gets the defender off balance.

Maybe if umpires started pinging defenders who grab and scrag 50m off the ball their would be no reason for forwards to have to use actions like this to get separation so they can have a fair chance at contesting for the ball.
Ah, so it's 'body work' or 'a shove' now, and not a cheap punch in the guts when Collins wasn't expecting it?!?

May 31, 2019
Belmont, WA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Perth Glory, Everton FC, SSC Napoli
Ah, so it's 'body work' or 'a shove' now, and not a cheap punch in the guts when Collins wasn't expecting it?!?
He got off and now move on. I know the Lynch snub would be hard for pies fans to swallow but I felt the same way from Treloar. However thank god the poo stain did because we probably wouldn't have won two premierships.

Turnover

Cancelled
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
He got off and now move on. I know the Lynch snub would be hard for pies fans to swallow but I felt the same way from Treloar. However thank god the poo stain did because we probably wouldn't have won two premierships.
Interpreter needed.

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
The AFL intended to clamp down on gut punched and the like. In fact, it now has a history of actively amending rules to ensure certain conduct is punishable via suspension. Tom Lynch’s legacy as a dirty player (and troll of a human) aside, the issuing of fines for this conduct just seems blatantly inconsistent with the AFL messaging. In conclusion - both the AFL and Tom Lynch are pissweak

Delusional.

Champ I said from the very first page Lynch deserved a week, I said in the thread for when he smacked the bloke in the back of the head he deserved a week

The only delusional ones are the people who think that is a chest bump or the ones celebrating someone lining a bloke up in the future

Greenac

All Australian
Apr 12, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Think Lyon was right when he said the AFL can piss off next time they want to tell everyone they want to cut this out.

What does off the ball stuff actually do for the game?

When you see juniors doing this you know who to blame.

Champ I said from the very first page Lynch deserved a week, I said in the thread for when he smacked the bloke in the back of the head he deserved a week

The only delusional ones are the people who think that is a chest bump or the ones celebrating someone lining a bloke up in the future

You are taking the piss trying to justify something that isn’t remotely similar.

It’s actually pretty pathetic.

Just admit he’s a soft utensil like I can that Devon Smith is a diver.

It’s not that hard.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Lynch played like this at the Suns as well, it is a pattern that he likes to throw a few tummy taps and jumper punches, probably more so than the average player, which is his perogative, but he then needs to deal with the public perception that he likes throwing a cheap shot. I don't know any other sport in the world it is acceptable to give your opponent a hit to the guts to get the seperation to kick the sealer for a game, it is on the AFL to sort it out, other wise in close games players will happily cop $1500 if it means they get a clear shot at goal.

Lastly, I saw somewhere last night Richmond have something like 14 fines since the restart, so clearly there is an instruction to go out and play 'unsocialable football', which probably means people like Tom are going to go harder than usual.

Back