Prediction How many wins in 2019 H&A and what ladder position at the end of it?

Where will WC finish after 2019 H&A season?

Votes: 3 3.8%

Votes: 41 51.3%

Votes: 20 25.0%

Votes: 11 13.8%

Votes: 2 2.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not scared of Lions at the Gabba one bit. Since 1997 head to head versus Lions is 22-11 in favour of Eagles. Games played at the Gabba Eagles holding a winning 12-8 record at their ground. That includes beating the great Lions( the great team from 2001-2004) twice in 4 years in their ground. We play the Gabba pretty well. No need to panic if it comes down to playing Lions at the Gabba. And please do not tell me this Brisbane team is scarier than the 3P Lions team with Lynch, Brown, Aker, Black, Voss, Lappin, Leppa and Co. If it comes down to that, then our boys need to send a message across by beating the Lions first week of the finals at the Gabba. This is like a 50-50 game for us.

We were ambushed in Round 1 by what turned out to be a pretty damn good side on their own turf in hot and humid conditions.

If we have to play Brisbane in Brisbane for finals I'd be quietly confident.

Of course, we have to account for the Hawks first and finish as high as possible on the ladder.

Lions obviously a completely different side from previous seasons, so history doesn't count for much imo. They've also shown that they can ground out wins as well, so could be tough in a close match.
The only thing that could count against them is their lack of finals experience but that's an unknown factor as of yet.

I don’t think there’s cause for panic stations if we finish 3rd, in recent times there’s been quite a few teams who finished 3rd and made the Grand Final. I would back ourselves in against either the Lions at the Gabba or the Cats at the G (far less frightening proposition than the Cattery). That week off could do us wonders and the loss to the Tigers could be the one that gets us into gear.

Keeping the faith!

I don’t think there’s cause for panic stations if we finish 3rd, in recent times there’s been quite a few teams who finished 3rd and made the Grand Final. I would back ourselves in against either the Lions at the Gabba or the Cats at the G (far less frightening proposition than the Cattery). That week off could do us wonders and the loss to the Tigers could be the one that gets us into gear.

Keeping the faith!

Same time last year we lost to Melbourne at home late in the game.

However I do think that if we don't win week 1, we cannot win the flag.

Remember those late goals conceded against Carlton?

Agreed, win week 1 away and all of a sudden things are rosy with a Home Prelim, the tight losses to the Pies and Tigers are forgotten. But lose, sure we get a home semi but to play 2/3 finals away from home would take its toll.

Agreed, win week 1 away and all of a sudden things are rosy with a Home Prelim, the tight losses to the Pies and Tigers are forgotten. But lose, sure we get a home semi but to play 2/3 finals away from home would take its toll.

I don't think an away final against Geelong or Richmond would be that daunting. Obviously would prefer it at home like all other clubs in the competition but let's not pretend the MCG holds any fears for us (which the Victorian media would probably promote to death in the lead-up).

It's Brisbane at the Gabba which is more of a worry.

Either way, still have to wait until Sunday for this to all shake itself out and whatever will be will be. Simmo and the boys got it done last year, no reason why they cannot get it done this year too.

I don't think an away final against Geelong or Richmond would be that daunting. Obviously would prefer it at home like all other clubs in the competition but let's not pretend the MCG holds any fears for us (which the Victorian media would probably promote to death in the lead-up).

It's Brisbane at the Gabba which is more of a worry.

Either way, still have to wait until Sunday for this to all shake itself out and whatever will be will be. Simmo and the boys got it done last year, no reason why they cannot get it done this year too.
Turns out percentage could be crucial if we win and Brisbane lose.

Different system back then and we played the first final at home, whereas these days it’d be away first up. Still had to win the semi away though to make the GF so it was still a massive effort at the time

Different system back then and we played the first final at home, whereas these days it’d be away first up. Still had to win the semi away though to make the GF so it was still a massive effort at the time
Geelong finished top that year. We beat them twice at the MCG to win the flag. And we knocked out Hawthorn, the reigning premiers, in Week 1 after trailing at every change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think a Gabba or G qualifying final would still be 50/50 at worst. We’ve shown a good ability, as the season has progressed, to keep games alive.. also a bad habit of keeping opposition in games.. but the point is, we’ve still had a chance at taking the W no matter what went against us.

So given that and given our QF last year still could’ve gone either way, even with it being at Optus, it’s not the end of the world finishing 3rd. That would be if we lose this weekend..

I wonder if those late goals we let in against Carlton have had an impact on our percentage?

I haven’t seen anyone post about it 292629 times at all.
But you definitely saw some muppets insist it was no big deal at the time.

2006 we lost week one of the finals against sydney. what happened after that??

Got there because of Adelaide's customary chokes under Neil Craig. You do have to acknowledge though we were heavy underdogs going into that prelim.

Got there because of Adelaide's customary chokes under Neil Craig. You do have to acknowledge though we were heavy underdogs going into that prelim.
We were staring down the barrel during the game. But we matched up OK against those Crowbots. We'd destroyed them in R17.

Back