Prediction How many wins in 2019 H&A and what ladder position at the end of it?

Where will WC finish after 2019 H&A season?

Votes: 3 3.8%

Votes: 41 51.3%

Votes: 20 25.0%

Votes: 11 13.8%

Votes: 2 2.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

twce13

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Cats will drop a few games in 2nd half of the season i think.

I think theres a few away games for us that are crucial on the run home.. Sydney, dees, tigers. Theyre danger games i think, if we can nab two of those i think we will get top 2.

May 14, 2008
Canberra
AFL Club
West Coast
I think we can win at Soulless Stadium if we ended up there in week 1 of finals. We've won there before. I think we match up well against them. As good as their defensive setup has been, I think we have too many options to goal, and we can hold our own against any forward line, particularly with TB back. It's about breaking even in the middle and hopefully with Nic Nat back in the fray I think we can do that.

Crowd is not a factor, it's pretty much a neutral venue in that sense. Was there for the semi in 2017 and Eagles fans were making more noise. Top tier of stadium was empty. It was pathetic. For atmosphere, worst game of football I have been to.

On CPH1707 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
My gut feel ladder predictor as of today...

With us losing to Haw and Rich.

A good % is going to be vital.

*Im going horribly in footy tips
20190610_132237.jpeg

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
The essendon game is a big one in my opinion. Win and I think we go 16-6 and finish 2nd or 3rd. Lose and its 15-7 and could even miss top 4 on %

BlueandGoldforever

Cancelled
Apr 10, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
We can win from 3rd or 4th...we would just need to win that first away final.

I think the home Prelim is the most important part.

I totally agree with this. Generally, you need 16 wins to finish in the top four. I see us finishing 15-7, so we are going to need a few other teams to do us some favours to sneak into fourth spot.

MrWoollie

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
Geelong will have a cruisy path to the GF if my prediction is correct.

They'll play either Adelaide or us in a QF in Geelong, and then play GWS in a PF in Geelong.
(any other team the PF would be at the MCG, but GWS cant pull a crowd so the AFL would allow it)
I can see this sort of thing in the tea leaves. Geelong, unless it falls that they play Collingwood (unlikely), will push for a home final in week 1 (WC/Crows best chances for 4th), then another if they get a team like GWS or even WC/Ad/PA.

As it is shaping up, it will be only the Pies (likely finish 2 or 3) and the Tigers (5-8) as Melbourne teams. And that gives the Cats every chance of a 2 Kardinia Park finals walk-up GF berth.

Priddis Is Done

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I keep flip flopping on how we are travelling. The Adelaide and bulldogs game had me thinking we have turned the corner...then Sydney.

And so all of these losses, most keep saying, we'll learn from that, each and every time.

I firmly believe this is 16 & 17 all over again. Play when we feel like playing, when it goes against, we give up, and opposition smells it and goes for the jugular.

Happy to be proven wrong.

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Gee we'd want to bring the A-game against Freo then Collingwood. Top 2 beckons if we win both.

Trebor57

Senior List
Apr 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Arsenal
Yes a very generous gift from Collingwood, or did it come from Hawthorn?

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Adelaide and Richmond looming as potential bolters in the back third. We play both, as well as Freo and Collingwood, so top 2 is "on our own racket", as they say.

beatlesmith

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2006
Roberts Rd
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Cavs, West Perth
Adelaide and Richmond looming as potential bolters in the back third. We play both, as well as Freo and Collingwood, so top 2 is "on our own racket", as they say.
I think you're right.

Run home for each top 4 contender (excluding Geelong):
  • West Coast: Freo (away), Coll (home), Melb (away), NM (home), Carl (away), Adel (home), Rich (away), Haw (home)
  • Collingwood: WC (away), GWS (away), Rich (home), GC (home), Melb (away), Adel (away), Ess (home)
  • GWS: Bris (home), Rich (away), Coll (home), Port (away), Syd (home), Haw (home), WB (home), GC (away)
  • Brisbane: GWS (away), Port (away), NM (home), Haw (away), WB (home), GC (home), Geel (home), Rich (away)
  • Adelaide: Port (home), GC (away), Ess (home), Carl (away), St Kilda (home), WC (away), Coll (home), WB (away)
  • Richmond: GC (away), GWS (home), Port (home), Coll (away), Melb (away), Carl (home) WC (home), Bris (home)
Adelaide have the easiest run home, with only the games against us and Collingwood posing much trouble (other than the usual coin flip of the showdown).
Richmond will face tough opponents (GWS, Collingwood, West Coast and Brisbane) but play them all at the MCG and won't have to leave Melbourne for the rest of the season after this weekend.
GWS and Collingwood's chances will be largely decided in the next three weeks you'd think. Collingwood may very well lose their next three given their current form, in which case they'd be cooked.

Back