Prediction How many wins in 2019 H&A and what ladder position at the end of it?

Where will WC finish after 2019 H&A season?

Votes: 3 3.8%

Votes: 41 51.3%

Votes: 20 25.0%

Votes: 11 13.8%

Votes: 2 2.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you Hawthorn.

We just need to get the chocolates tonight before we look ahead to Collingwood. The Pies will be grilled in Melbourne all next week, their only slight salvation being that playing on Friday most of the dissection will be done today on SEN etc. but Buckley will prime them for next Friday night.

In terms of our run home - I can see us dropping a game that we go in as favourites. It always seems to happen in seasons that we are up and about;

2005 - Rd 22 Adelaide (tight loss at Subi)
2006 - Rd 21 flogged by Fremantle
2007 - Rd 18 Fremantle again (and Scott *ing Lucas in Rd 22...)
2011 - Rd 17 Saints
2012 - Rd 19 Fremantle (the 2 point loss to Brisbane in Rd 10 cooked that season)
2015 - Rd 19 Hawthorn (tight loss at Subi)
2018 - Rd 22 Melbourne

Obviously what happened over a decade ago isn't recent history but my point is that it is difficult to be 'up' for extended periods. These blokes are human and it won't take much to have an off day. You could probably look at every club that has had a successful season and see a similar pattern. I'd much rather get the off day out of the way before the real stuff starts.

Thank you Hawthorn.

We just need to get the chocolates tonight before we look ahead to Collingwood. The Pies will be grilled in Melbourne all next week, their only slight salvation being that playing on Friday most of the dissection will be done today on SEN etc. but Buckley will prime them for next Friday night.

In terms of our run home - I can see us dropping a game that we go in as favourites. It always seems to happen in seasons that we are up and about;

2005 - Rd 22 Adelaide (tight loss at Subi)
2006 - Rd 21 flogged by Fremantle
2007 - Rd 18 Fremantle again (and Scott f*n Lucas in Rd 22...)
2011 - Rd 17 Saints
2012 - Rd 19 Fremantle (the 2 point loss to Brisbane in Rd 10 cooked that season)
2015 - Rd 19 Hawthorn (tight loss at Subi)
2018 - Rd 22 Melbourne

Obviously what happened over a decade ago isn't recent history but my point is that it is difficult to be 'up' for extended periods. These blokes are human and it won't take much to have an off day. You could probably look at every club that has had a successful season and see a similar pattern. I'd much rather get the off day out of the way before the real stuff starts.

Melbourne last year was probably our most expected loss of the year. No Kennedy and Darling getting concussed early.
Also Melbourne had everything to play for whereas we had already virtually sown up a top 2 stop.

Pies a massive chance of beating Geelong at the G. Should of won round 1. Also Pies will get players back over the next couple of weeks so they will be a better team for finals. I rate Taylor Adams as their most important midfielder and he should be back for WC next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If pies lose to us and GWS then Tigers are well and truly a chance for 4th which would be great to see them play Cats at the G..LOL. I am not sure about Giants yet, they have tigers, lions and pies and Crows so they could easily finish outside top 4. Interesting next 2-3 weeks ahead. We could easily be playing Lions first week of the finals.

Our remaining 7 fixtures are:

Pies at home
Demons at Alice Springs
Norf at home
Blues at the Marvel
Crows at home
Tigers at the G
Hawks at home

As it stands now, we go in as favourites for all bar the Tigers game. Win those that we are meant to and second is sown up and hopefully 2 more games at Optus before a final flight to the G.

Pies will be tougher than last weekend but momentum is a hard thing to stop and they have been playing pretty average football for a month
Demons could be anything but with Tim Mac and his knee at Max and his whatever, looking better for us
Norf are likely to want to come and beat up on us so that will be a hard game especially if they are still in the hunt for finals
Blues should be straight forward
Crows may not be challenging for the 8 by then
Tigers should have all bar Rance back so dangerous
Hawks are never easy but I expect they will be more focused on Mad Monday by then

How many can we drop and still finish top 2?

For mine, Pies, Melbourne and North are danger games:

* Pies would want to stop the rot and address their losing streak
* Melbourne in Darwin could be anything. Last time we played in hot, humid conditions (Brisbane) we stopped after quarter time
* Norf finally figured out how to football

Must beat Pies to shake them off out tail this week, then need to win at least one of Demons and Roos. Everthing else is highly doable (quietly confident vs the Tiges if we are near-fully fit).

My gut feel ladder predictor as of today...

With us losing to Haw and Rich.

A good % is going to be vital.

*Im going horribly in footy tipsView attachment 689841

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
I can see why you're going horribly in your tips. That final ladder is depressing.

If eagles drop 3 more games this season given their run home I don't think they'll be winning a premiership!

Gee we'd want to bring the A-game against Freo then Collingwood. Top 2 beckons if we win both.
Hey mate. Long time post liker, first time post replier here.

Who do you propose kicks Collingwoods goals this week? I'm more worried about Melbourne in Darwin. Collingwood are cooked. You can mark Degoaty for a couple, Cox left his form in the QF last season but he might kick one or 2. Where do the other 10 come from?

All depends on who we drop them to but I would say 5 wins from 7 should be enough and possibly needing only 4 wins. Mind you, a win against the Pies this Friday and the odds of a top 2 start to get closer to even money.
Yeah 2 losses would leave us 16-6. That would keep us top two 2 provided Collingwood and Brisbane drop 2 more and GWS and Richmond drop 1 more.

Hey mate. Long time post liker, first time post replier here.

Who do you propose kicks Collingwoods goals this week? I'm more worried about Melbourne in Darwin. Collingwood are cooked. You can mark Degoaty for a couple, Cox left his form in the QF last season but he might kick one or 2. Where do the other 10 come from?
I'm not convinced Collingwood are cooked.

Back