How much artwork do you have in your home?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
I remarked in the thread about that Youtube comedian about how he appeared to have no photos or paintings hanging up on his walls, and thought that this was no way to live.

Do any of you live like this? Or are your homes bursting with paintings, photos, statuettes, figurines, ornamental clocks and decorative lampshades?

I've got photos and 2 peices of artwork. One lamp and a couple of ornaments.

I've got a lot of pictures on all my walls. Prizes being a mini bat made out of an oak tree that they pulled down at Newlands to build the new pavilion, and an original Uderzo sketch of Geriatrix. I dig Tiffany lamps too.
This is no surprise surely.

how'd you get that?
When I was a kid he came to Mostly Books at Mitcham, he gave a chat and then did sketches and handed them out. He was awesome, there were a lot of kids there that day and nobody left without a sketch. My brother has one of Fulliautomatix.

When I was a kid he came to Mostly Books at Mitcham, he gave a chat and then did sketches and handed them out. He was awesome, there were a lot of kids there that day and nobody left without a sketch. My brother has one of Fulliautomatix.

damn that is awesome

My girlfriend has a big ass canvas of a Tiger in the loungeroom. Plus there's most of our ornaments on the TV unit. In my gaming room I have a painting of the sunrise over some rice fields with a volcano in the background that I bought in Bali.

About a month ago I got a pretty amazing picture of Mount Fitz Roy that my wife took when we were stopped for lunch on a hike blown up. 50x50cm.

Now takes pride of place on our living room wall. Looks pretty cool.

I've been a fan of Clark Little for a while, and the wife and I managed to meet him at his gallery in Hale'iwa on our honeymoon. We've got a few different sized shots of his around our house, along with some of my brother-in-law's nature shots from his travels around the country.

Besides that, it's mainly family photos and a couple of cheap freedom furniture style prints to fill in some gaps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a friend who is an artist. Over the years she has given me pictures for birthdays, Christmases etc so have a fair bit of stuff of hers on my walls.

A lot of photography artwork of my beloved sporting teams.

I remarked in the thread about that Youtube comedian about how he appeared to have no photos or paintings hanging up on his walls, and thought that this was no way to live.

Do any of you live like this? Or are your homes bursting with paintings, photos, statuettes, figurines, ornamental clocks and decorative lampshades?
stuff wont bring you happiness. just experiences. get rid of all your pointless art stuff. It achieves nothing.

stuff wont bring you happiness. just experiences. get rid of all your pointless art stuff. It achieves nothing.
Maybe people just like having nice pictures on their walls? Why does it have to be some greater quest for happiness?

It's not a home without art on the walls on books on the shelf. Fresh flowers are nice too.
Makes it feel more ‘yours’ for sure.

But I mean, why did we bother putting that photo up? Because it looks ******* good to be frank. It’s not rocket surgery.

I'm in the process of converting to minimalism so zero.

I would consider myself a minimalist but still have art on my walls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back