Beauty & Style How much body hair do you have and how do you deal with it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dhoni Dakurri

Cancelled
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Ive always had a sort of muscular rig but have never felt comfortable taking my shirt off at the beach etc cos Im so white and have quite a lot of chest hair, plus whispy hair on my shoulders and on my back around my shoulder blades. The effort to manage it just seems too much so I dont do much at all other than run a razor over things sometimes. And being so fair skinned means I tend to avoid outdoor pool/beach scenarios. Hate it to be honest.

Going on holidays overseas soon where there are so many people that hang their hairy, fat, white gunts out with no shame. I cant do it.

How common is manscaping these days?

Ive always had a sort of muscular rig but have never felt comfortable taking my shirt off at the beach etc cos Im so white and have quite a lot of chest hair, plus whispy hair on my shoulders and on my back around my shoulder blades. The effort to manage it just seems too much so I dont do much at all other than run a razor over things sometimes. And being so fair skinned means I tend to avoid outdoor pool/beach scenarios. Hate it to be honest.

Going on holidays overseas soon where there are so many people that hang their hairy, fat, white gunts out with no shame. I cant do it.

How common is manscaping these days?

Very common you'd be surprised. I have friends with salons who wax as many men as women, they also do laser permanent hair removal on lots of guys. Don't be shy about ringing any of them, get your chest and back waxed before you go it will be good for about six weeks and grow back thinner each time. Jump into a solarium for just two or three six minute bursts, it will prep you for the sun.

Happy holidays!

Very common you'd be surprised. I have friends with salons who wax as many men as women, they also do laser permanent hair removal on lots of guys. Don't be shy about ringing any of them, get your chest and back waxed before you go it will be good for about six weeks and grow back thinner each time. Jump into a solarium for just two or three six minute bursts, it will prep you for the sun.

Happy holidays!
Aren't solariums banned these days?

I'm half middle Eastern and half Dutch. Arms and legs are a nice olive colour but my torso is very light. I'm very hairy in places and have no hair in others. Mt facial hair is very dark and thick but really sparse so it looks like trash no matter what. I also can only grow a "reverse Hitler" mo - every part but the very middle.

Worst part is having a hairy stomach and nipples but not the rest. Legit Austin Powers penis outline in hair. It's a s**t show.

Riteo. Do the waxing then, no pain no gain. And get some sun, people that stay out of it all the time obsessed with slip slop slap end up with a vitamin D deficiency.

Im always in the sun playing sport. But Im not an idiot. Slip, slop, slap. There is no middle ground for me. Im either white or red. Vitamin D deficiency is a crock of s**t in this country.

Im always in the sun playing sport. But Im not an idiot. Slip, slop, slap. There is no middle ground for me. Im either white or red. Vitamin D deficiency is a crock of s**t in this country.

Its not a crock of s**t at all, it can be extremely dangerous and becoming more common with people avoiding the sun and sitting inside day in day out banging away on keyboards. Do you know anybody who's had a vitamin D deficiency?

You sound a bit flat actually, moany ... you might get your vitamin levels checked. Nice hairy life. Bye.

less than an average man but my body hair is thin and half of it is see through type hair... also my facial hair grows literally 2 times slower than normal men. I don't shave for 6 weeks and my hair is at absolute max 1 cm long (more like 0.75cm). Got a few stray dark hairs on top of my shoulders though??

Honestly I shave most of my body hair off off as it's pathetic and embarrassment. I just don't understand as my brother and father are both way hairier than myself. thicker hair too.

Riteo. Do the waxing then, no pain no gain. And get some sun, people that stay out of it all the time obsessed with slip slop slap end up with a vitamin D deficiency.

A Vitamin D deficiency can be easily remedied with supplements and additions to the diet. Skin cancers and melanomas are a bit too serious to be ignoring the Slip Slop Slap message.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Vitamin D deficiency can be easily remedied with supplements and additions to the diet. Skin cancers and melanomas are a bit too serious to be ignoring the Slip Slop Slap message.

I put sunscreen on every day, even winter. Just some on my face and neck area.

In summer tho, I am like a suncreen Nazi. For example going to the tennis, I'd apply every hour.
And ffs, make sure you re-apply when you get straight out of a pool or the beach. I learnt that one the hard way. :(

Its not a crock of s**t at all, it can be extremely dangerous and becoming more common with people avoiding the sun and sitting inside day in day out banging away on keyboards. Do you know anybody who's had a vitamin D deficiency?

You sound a bit flat actually, moany ... you might get your vitamin levels checked. Nice hairy life. Bye.

Its a scam which makes doctors vitamin makers and pathology labs a lot of money.

There is a healthy range and an unhealthy range and a big gap in between. Try and find doctors who can agree on what it means to be in the in between range.

My sister died of melanoma, slip slop slap. The average person gets enough vitamin D through normal activities without having to sunbake their skin.

Get waxed if it makes you more confident and happy, very common now. Just beware you have to exfoliate or you can get lots of little bumps.

My sister died of melanoma, slip slop slap. The average person gets enough vitamin D through normal activities without having to sunbake their skin.

s**t that's sad to hear.

Yeah like I said I've applied every day since I was about 20. I went to a day spa and the beautician lectured me the fact I dont do anything for my skin except wash it with water + put on sunscreen. She examined my skin and then admitted it was actually in pretty good condition :rolleyes:

Its a scam which makes doctors vitamin makers and pathology labs a lot of money.

There is a healthy range and an unhealthy range and a big gap in between. Try and find doctors who can agree on what it means to be in the in between range.

Unhealthy range can cause big problems later in life as a key risk factor in falls and fractures in the elderly. Hard enough getting old without that. Many don't even realise they're low until it gets so low they're dragging themselves around, dropping ordinary things and putting it down to carelessness when it's the general decline in strength. There's also a relationship between a D deficiency and depression.

Anyway, easy fixed.

http://www.deakin.edu.au/research/r...d-deficiency-strikes-one-third-of-australians

Get waxed if it makes you more confident and happy, very common now. Just beware you have to exfoliate or you can get lots of little bumps.

I always wore a hat. Working in an outside environment, your skin produces melanin to help protect from the suns rays, but too many people who work inside take their holidays in the hottest part of the year and dive in to outside activities with unprotected skin. Yes, slip slop slap, is very important

you might find the right amount of sunlight each day prevents cancers and melanomas

but you'd know what's the right amount for you

Remove this Banner Ad

Back