How much do these guys get paid?

Remove this Banner Ad

AussiFootballFan

Debutant
Jan 11, 2010
aussie
AFL Club
Adelaide
hey all, does anyone have an idea of how much these guys are getting paid?

the pay is pretty damn good in the EDFL (minor league) so these guys must be getting at least $1,000 per game?

cheers

I can only speak from a WAFL point of view which would be similar to a VFL point of view. Not all VFL players get paid high amounts ($300+). Only about half the team would recieve this amount. Some clubs may have a system where each league player recieves $50 a game which usually gets put back into the club at the bar.

EDFL is a amateur football league, where only ex VFL (or other state based players) or AFL get $1,000+ a game. An average ex VFL player would only recieve about $500 max. High level ex VFL players or ex AFL players only get $1,000+ a game.

The EDFL and competitions like this need to pay the ex VFL players big money to be attractive to the club in the first place

The salary cap for an AFL affiliate VFL team is ~$180,000.

not exactly, its a loose cap (simmilar to what is done in the NBA). 180k and under is fine, if you are over, every dollar you are over your club pays 50c back to the league. Most clubs dont get to that level though, as most of the players are under the AFL salary cap.

I can only speak from a WAFL point of view which would be similar to a VFL point of view. Not all VFL players get paid high amounts ($300+). Only about half the team would recieve this amount. Some clubs may have a system where each league player recieves $50 a game which usually gets put back into the club at the bar.

EDFL is a amateur football league, where only ex VFL (or other state based players) or AFL get $1,000+ a game. An average ex VFL player would only recieve about $500 max. High level ex VFL players or ex AFL players only get $1,000+ a game.

The EDFL and competitions like this need to pay the ex VFL players big money to be attractive to the club in the first place

We had a player who was an ex Melbourne player...played EDFL...wanted to come to Sandy for $1500-00 a game...you must be kidding...the player was woth maybe a 1/3 of that....good luck if they want to play in a average league like the EDFL for big bucks...

I believe that generally reserves players are paid $75-$100 a game in the VFL.

As for senior games, well a 1st or 2nd year players contract might be for $200-$250 a game, some of the middle group are probably on $300-$400 a game, and the top tier players at a guess are probably on contracts of about $400-$600 a game.

There may be some players on more than that, depending on the club. I'm sure the likes of Podsiadly and Sautner would have picked up more over their careers.

We had a player who was an ex Melbourne player...played EDFL...wanted to come to Sandy for $1500-00 a game...you must be kidding...the player was woth maybe a 1/3 of that....good luck if they want to play in a average league like the EDFL for big bucks...

Well who ever that was and I am assuming you mean Melbourne Demons, that player would have gotten $1000 a game in the SWFL (the premier league outside WAFL) in WA easily.

hey all, does anyone have an idea of how much these guys are getting paid?

the pay is pretty damn good in the EDFL (minor league) so these guys must be getting at least $1,000 per game?

cheers

I'm assuming you're Happy with your deal at Airport West then mate ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back