Beauty & Style How much do you pay for your haircuts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dhoni Dakurri

Cancelled
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Been going the $10 Quick Cuts for a while now. Number 1 back and sides blended in with the top, and a little bit off the top depending on how long it was from the last cut. Enough variation in the cuts that it doesn’t always look like I have the same cut, and I can shape it different ways. Cuts take approx 5 minutes - in, out, done.

Was going to a barber for a while but the $25 cut would take around an hour and often I’d have to wait or come back later. A bad cut experience there was the final straw.

Every single cut that I’ve ever paid over $30 for has been horrible. Every single one.

$65 but it include a beard trim. I think haircut-only is $40.

It’s better than the $35 combo I got at my old barber but I’m not sure it’s worth double the price. I’d like to find something in between.

My wife does it for free
When Im in Asia I usually lash out and get a barber to do it,usually a few dollars

She used to pay nearly $200 for hers 20 years ago in Melbourne CBD,(same guy for years) and has paid $300 in London
Now its about $30/40 in the bush

My wife does it for free
When Im in Asia I usually lash out and get a barber to do it,usually a few dollars

She used to pay nearly $200 for hers 20 years ago in Melbourne CBD,(same guy for years) and has paid $300 in London
Now its about $30/40 in the bush
Curious can you ask her what is the difference with those 200/300 cuts compared to say a $100? Would like to know if its more prestige going to a top stylist or is there is an actual tangible thing..

Random thought i miss that show Tabithas Salon takeover. Was pretty awesome

Been doing it at home for 20 years until I lashed out and paid for 1 a month ago

Price between my last 2 haircuts $5 clipper cut in late 1999 to $21 clipper cut 4 weeks ago

Not unhappy with the result but it will be a treat rather than any ongoing thing

Adelaide was good for the $20 haircuts. Struggle to get anything under $30 here.

I bought myself some clippers at the start of COVID. It needs a week or two of growth to look OK after I cut it though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curious can you ask her what is the difference with those 200/300 cuts compared to say a $100? Would like to know if its more prestige going to a top stylist or is there is an actual tangible thing..

Random thought i miss that show Tabithas Salon takeover. Was pretty awesome
I think it was about the vibe
She found a hair dresser she liked and trusted,got Xmas cards from him and he had a flash salon in the city with famous clients not far from her carpark

I think it was about the vibe
She found a hair dresser she liked and trusted,got Xmas cards from him and he had a flash salon in the city with famous clients not far from her carpark

Fair enough.

From my POV what ppl spend on anything is their business/who cares.

Yeah fwiw that local salon chick, i absolutely love her. She gave me a great colour, will definitely be going back, probably in a month or so. She's very popular tho, gotta book a long time in advance.

Old Russian dude locally @ $32. Has gradually increased from $18 when I first started going to him around ought nine.

I've got to be a little picky. Whilst I keep it pretty short these days, my hair is super curly. So if the barber isn't terribly experienced with that I end up looking like I lost a fight with a weedeater a week later.

I hate haircuts. Everything about them and especially the waiting. Triggers an irrational response in me for some reason. Places that have you make an appointment, then have you wait 30+ minutes. Every bloody time. Yeah, nah.

Yeah good hairdressers are worth their weight in gold.

Hairdressers, butchers. A good mechanic.

Who else.
In Perth never had much of a problem with hair, out here though most seem to find a basic men's haircut a bit challenging for some reason.

My wife used to just do it (ex-hairdresser) but now my work (fifo to WA) have a hairdresser / masseuse on site. The one I go to does a 2/1 roster and is on a wage so it doesn't matter how many haircuts she does. I pay $10 and get approx. 40 mins with her. Number 1 all over, ears and eyebrows tidied up and back of neck tidied up. I get a hot towel, post cut wash and a head massage with some hot oil.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back