Beauty & Style How much do you pay for your haircuts?

Remove this Banner Ad

About $30, anywhere from $20-35 over the years. I only go 3 or 4 times a year so it's not a huge expense.
Maybe not your mate Bomberboyokay once a year shaggy dog look but can you leave it that long and it still look ok?

I used to be lazy and leave it every 3-4 months at times but it always looked s**t for the last month at least, now I finally got someone that does it properly every time at home I get it cut maybe every 2 months in summer, every 3 in winter.

Maybe not your mate Bomberboyokay once a year shaggy dog look but can you leave it that long and it still look ok?

I used to be lazy and leave it every 3-4 months at times but it always looked sh*t for the last month at least, now I finally got someone that does it properly every time at home I get it cut maybe every 2 months in summer, every 3 in winter.

If I get a cut it's usually #3 back and sides and a bit on top. Right now my fringe now if I combed it forward is probably 2-3 inches long but it's more the awkward in between stage that's s**t. So in answer to your question probably no, but I sometimes do it anyway. #YOLO There's only so many hairdresser chats I can handle in a 12 month period.

Of course there’s a hairdresser/masseuse on site..what a life

haha, it's only a relatively recent thing, well the last 18 to 24 months. I work 2 / 1, my wife works fulltime and deals with 2 teenage girls, she's got better things to do than cut my hair on my week off. I can pay $10 and get the full treatment before I come home, it's mint.

haha, it's only a relatively recent thing, well the last 18 to 24 months. I work 2 / 1, my wife works fulltime and deals with 2 teenage girls, she's got better things to do than cut my hair on my week off. I can pay $10 and get the full treatment before I come home, it's mint.
I wanna work at your work.

Dhoni Dakurri has issues with FIFO work and workers.

I usually get a wash and a cut, don’t get blowaves anymore , too expensive. Pay around 50 bucks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The owner cuts hair along with two others. 100% of the tip goes to the employee that served you.

Yeah its the 'their chair' type of deal isnt it? Had an aussie mate living in the US and was a hairdrasser. Had a hard time getting a job then she was at the bottom of the food chain. Sweeping up hair, cleaning up etc and then get a day cutting hair when someone was crook. Had to wait until a chair became available after another employee left and then any tips from their clients goes straight to them.

Yep, pretty much. Don’t know the exact deal. But usually the owner pays all the overhead and the staff gets pay plus tips from all their bookings.
Low pay so they need tips to survive
Its first world modern slavery

Work choices on steroids

$35 from a barber franchise. First few were pretty good but find the place is usually pretty busy now and maybe that's why I'm not as happy with them. Hate my hair on the sides after like 2 weeks these days after it grows back a little and I usually get a 0.5 on the sides too. Used to be $20 at a shopping centre hairdresser across from Dan Murphy's, avoid eye contact with the owner at all costs now when I'm going to grab some piss lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back