How much is a trade worth?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if you geeky types have come up with any sort of dollar or point value for how much each trade is worth?

I was considering starting a Gawn/Lycett ruck combo and looking to trade up to best available ruck at the bye time but decided that it was better value to start with Kreuzer and Gawn and keep the trade and the extra points Kreuzer should bring each week.

I'm thinking it's probably 20-25 points per week difference in favour of Kreuzer over Lycett but not sure how that translates into dollar value say ten rounds in.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Just wondering if you geeky types have come up with any sort of dollar or point value for how much each trade is worth?

I was considering starting a Gawn/Lycett ruck combo and looking to trade up to best available ruck at the bye time but decided that it was better value to start with Kreuzer and Gawn and keep the trade and the extra points Kreuzer should bring each week.

I'm thinking it's probably 20-25 points per week difference in favour of Kreuzer over Lycett but not sure how that translates into dollar value say ten rounds in.
tenor (3).gif

I value it at about $150k, personally. No science behind it, just feels about right.
Your final team value will be worth around $13,500,000 (or $3,500,000 profit) and you have 30 trades to generate this value.

Best case scenario, you nail absolutely every pick and get no injuries throughout the year and in this case, a trade is worth $115,000

We never live in a perfect world though. We will pick up wrong players and others get injured. Assuming you have about 5 trades throughout the year for these issues, you effectively only have 25 odd trades to generate the same amount of money.

Therefore, you can boil each trade down to about $140,000. For margin of error, $150,000 is a basis that people tend to use.

Interesting hypothetical: how much would you give me for one of my trades prior to the start of the season? Would you weaken your starting side to have more trades, if the price was right?

If you were 100k-150k short of getting Dangerfield in to your team, I'd definitely sell a trade to do so

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The value of a trade depends on what round we're in lol

In round 3 it's worth a tinny of VB, in round 19 it's worth a mansion in Toorak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back