How much is our game plan to blame... ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 11, 2013
Brisbane QLD
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Barcelona
Geelong play half their games at a Cheat Ground and the league is full of country bumpkins wanting to play there for the lifestyle. They also have a number of posters on this board pretending to be Hawthorn fans.
Agree. Can see that from afar:D.
Maybe these posters are more of the 'anti HFC administrators & coaching staff' brigade. They keep saying the same things over and over again that it is becoming a joke.

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺
Agree. Can see that from afar:D.
Maybe these posters are more of the 'anti HFC administrators & coaching staff' brigade. They keep saying the same things over and over again that it is becoming a joke.
Being the Most Successful Club of The Modern era breeds jealousy. Must give these impostors a thrill to associate with such a prestigious organization. :sunglasses:

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Geelong play half their games at a Cheat Ground and the league is full of country bumpkins wanting to play there for the lifestyle. They also have a number of posters on this board pretending to be Hawthorn fans.

I sure hope Geelong fans don't read that comment, they'd enjoy extracting every gram of salt out of that comment.

Hawthorn fans blaming grounds and the league being full country bumpkins lol.

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺
I sure hope Geelong fans don't read that comment, they'd enjoy extracting every gram of salt out of that comment.
Reckon that'll wipe out the colossal embarassment of supporting a club that hasn't won a Premiership without Stephen Dank in 58 years?

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺

Middle Pocket

Rookie
May 20, 2021
Bangalow
AFL Club
Hawthorn
As a watcher of many other team sports, it seems the Hawthorn game plan has similar approach to soccer - maintain possession, search for cracks in the defensive structure, put in the long pass or the quick one/two give and go. But at present many other teams - Richmond, Bulldogs, etc. seem to prefer a game that is a cross between basketball's quick hands and movement and the mobile scrums used in roller derby. I prefer watching the first, but rule changes has meant the latter is more successful. Something new is needed. I trust the best brain in football to come up with it.

Simon Crawshay

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
As a watcher of many other team sports, it seems the Hawthorn game plan has similar approach to soccer - maintain possession, search for cracks in the defensive structure, put in the long pass or the quick one/two give and go. But at present many other teams - Richmond, Bulldogs, etc. seem to prefer a game that is a cross between basketball's quick hands and movement and the mobile scrums used in roller derby. I prefer watching the first, but rule changes has meant the latter is more successful. Something new is needed. I trust the best brain in football to come up with it.
Problem is you can win a game of soccer scoring only one goal whereas NBA teams routinely score 110+ points a game.

Likewise to succeed in the AFL these days you need to be able to hit 100 points on a regular basis (like Melbourne, Brisbane, Doggies do)

As such I struggle to see the point of our current game style which seems to max out at 11 goals a game (on a good day).

Plus it is godawful to watch as well!

He may have left it a bit late.

derp de derp

Team Captain
Feb 25, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don’t think we are able to execute any desirable game plan when we can’t win a clearance.

We are currently ranked bottom 3 for clearances and top 3 for opposition clearances.

Our ruck set up is also bleeding rated 11th for hit outs vs 6th opposition hit outs.

Until this is addressed we won’t be seeing a forward half attacking style similar to what we witnessed over the past decade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back