Votes: 15 12.1%
  • During their bye

Votes: 76 61.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can see the writing on the wall.

Sacking a coach halfway through the season wont be beneficial to anyone. Think about it though, nobody has been succsefull in recent seasons while they have been so bad. They have had so many high draft picks, why have they failed so badly? It can't always fall on the Coach. There has got to be more answers, a deeper look.

Out of the team that played on Sunday of whom I reckon would get a game at Essendon as a walk up start.

McKay
Walsh
Cripps

Thats it, I think SOS is their list manager, surely he has something to answer for, I dunno?

I dont like seeing clubs down, nor kicking them while they're down, unless you're North Melbourne. It would be good for footy if Carlton were up and about. I sincerely hope they get back to the powerhouse they once were.

agree with u mate. its past the funny stage already. growing up in WA, carlton always had more support than all the other vics. had quite a few mates who are massive blues but their kids wont have a bar of it. sad really...but theyve only got emselves to blame.

free hits that cost the club nothing??? how about the missed opportunity of drafting hungry state league players or other hungry young players. every other club places great importance on every list spot. just from the last 2-3 years rioli(wce), mihocek, marshall(stk), baker(tiges), zurhar, henry, mcinerney, cousins parker....so many examples of players picked up very late in the draft or in the rookie draft. all were available for sos to pickup. No other club treated late picks as free hits that cost nothing. only carlton. bcos they just presumed their kids will come good. its no wonder they arent improving when they give these piss poor excuses. worse still the fans go along with it. they dont hold sos accountable for preferring to recruit his favourite rejects. they think all their early picks are just gonna automatically be good senior players. doesnt work that way.
We wouldn't have McKay, SPS, O'Brien, Marchbank or Plowman if we didn't do this method of recruiting, It's only one year of list clogging that will benefit the club for 10+ years. Also, Carlton have tried state league players. If you can link me to the thread where everyone was raving about these players before drafted, I'll consider your post credible. At the moment, these hindsight claims fall flat because they can be applied to nearly every club.

We wouldn't have McKay, SPS, O'Brien, Marchbank or Plowman if we didn't do this method of recruiting, It's only one year of list clogging that will benefit the club for 10+ years. Also, Carlton have tried state league players. If you can link me to the thread where everyone was raving about these players before drafted, I'll consider your post credible. At the moment, these hindsight claims fall flat because they can be applied to nearly every club.
Why wouldn’t you get SPS?

No sense sacking coaches mid term, suck it up, harden up and get on with it. The media need to piss off and let Bolton get on with his job.

Richmond are currently playing on bravado, and maximising a slow decline in the overall standard of the game, relying on a game style that thrives on mess in their front half. When they are seriously challenged by a strong midfield, which is the way the comp is trending, they fold like a cheap suit. They peaked in 2017 when they won a compromised flag, which is why I don’t really see them as a yardstick for the competition.

Now they’ve sunk their cap on a 2nd string key forward, despite having a clear need for another A-grade midfielder. (And Coniglio would have been perfect)
So what are your thoughts on the doggies flag? Or the swans/eagles flags of early 2000s? Not all teams win prett
Richmond are currently playing on bravado, and maximising a slow decline in the overall standard of the game, relying on a game style that thrives on mess in their front half. When they are seriously challenged by a strong midfield, which is the way the comp is trending, they fold like a cheap suit. They peaked in 2017 when they won a compromised flag, which is why I don’t really see them as a yardstick for the competition.

Now they’ve sunk their cap on a 2nd string key forward, despite having a clear need for another A-grade midfielder. (And Coniglio would have been perfect)
ok mate, it’s great to take list management ideas from a Carlton supporter, I’ll Be happy with our second string forward. Is there any mediocre gws players sos could suggest us to recruit also?

Take kids with a strength in a particular area and build them up to be the best they can be. You only have to hit paydirt now and then.

Given the high number of retreads who were still relatively young but failed to improve at Carlton, I suspect the development program isn't up to scratch.

Take kids with a strength in a particular area and build them up to be the best they can be. You only have to hit paydirt now and then.

Given the high number of retreads who were still relatively young but failed to improve at Carlton, I suspect the development program isn't up to scratch.
Agree, we got top 10 picks who fail basic skill execution or lose track of their man.

Is Richmond really the blueprint for quality list management?

Basically won a premiership on the back of 4 elite players, a few high quality B/A-graders and a heap of role players in a weak year, and couldn’t even make the Grand Final last year after dominating all and sundry in the H&A.

They are now paying a guy over a million pa to play as a second string key forward.

Geelong list build to their 2007-2011 seasons was incredible, Hawthorn’s build to 2008-2015 is probably the best I have seen, but until Richmond can do far more than jag one flag they’re no model for success.
shows how off point you are, and I'll informed. Who won the minor prem last year?

Richmond are currently playing on bravado, and maximising a slow decline in the overall standard of the game, relying on a game style that thrives on mess in their front half. When they are seriously challenged by a strong midfield, which is the way the comp is trending, they fold like a cheap suit.
Ha ha. Big footy always comes up with the goods when you need a good laugh.

So what are your thoughts on the doggies flag? Or the swans/eagles flags of early 2000s? Not all teams win pretty

Similar set of circumstances: opportunistic wins during periods of general recession.

Nobody looks back at the Swans 2005 win or the Bulldogs 2016 win as examples of high caliber list management, but being in the right place at the right time with a game plan that held up when it needed to.

ok mate, it’s great to take list management ideas from a Carlton supporter, I’ll Be happy with our second string forward. Is there any mediocre gws players sos could suggest us to recruit also?

These are the two biggest Bigfooty cliches of all time. Congrats on ticking both in the same paragraph.

GC were an absolute rabble and in a very short period of time with a worse list are playing better footy than Carlton. There really isn't an excuse for that. Bolton got a good rap because he took over a raging Hawks for a few games and didn't lose. Dude needs to go. Why on earth did they gave up their top pick? Heads need to roll.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shows how off point you are, and I'll informed. Who won the minor prem last year?

Richmond, what’s your point?

Which team capitulated in the prelim last year and got smacked against three teams with superior midfields (Collingwood, GWS, Bulldogs) this season?

Also Richmond.

Richmond, what’s your point?

Which team capitulated in the prelim last year and got smacked against three teams with superior midfields (Collingwood, GWS, Bulldogs) this season?

Also Richmond.
Yes we played our worst game last season in the prelim,. What's your point?
I'm happy so far this year, With our swaps and changes and new kids playing well I'll take where we are. What's your point ?

Coaches don’t get sacked these days. Bomber didn’t get sacked and went on to win 2 cups, Hardwick 1 and Buckley made a GF. They should be aiming for 6-8 wins in my opinion. Internal growth, add No.1 pick, McGovern, Newman, setterfield means must better their 2 win season of last year. If they beat GC and hawks they would be on their way, but those losses hurt. Reality is 1-8. Should be aiming to win 2 of next 4.

Yes we played our worst game last season in the prelim,. What's your point?
I'm happy so far this year, With our swaps and changes and new kids playing well I'll t a me were we are. What's your point ?

All over the last two pages.

Richmond aren’t this all-conquering team and their list is good but no better than most currently decent teams in the competition.

What set them apart in the finals series in 2017 and the 2018 H&A was their gamestyle, and since the prelim multiple teams have exposed them badly.

All over the last two pages.

Richmond aren’t this all-conquering team and their list is good but no better than most currently decent teams in the competition.

What set them apart in the finals series in 2017 and the 2018 H&A was their gamestyle, and since the prelim multiple teams have exposed them badly.
You don't win the minor prem for nothing, win a record consecutive games at the mcg etc. You're just picking and your points are pointless. Most hunted teams on top of the ladder will get analysed and pulled apart. It's the nature of the hunted. We did what we did without a superstar filled team throughout. Which in my book is a basis of where Carlton should be in a few years from now. You don't need a team full of superstars, just need the right players in the right positions.

Call me old fashioned, but I want my AFL coach to have played AFL. Just in case in the back of someone's mind they're thinking 'yeah yeah...whatever mate, go get a kick at Year 12s vs Staff footy match' during a spray or something

Coaches don’t get sacked these days. Bomber didn’t get sacked and went on to win 2 cups, Hardwick 1 and Buckley made a GF. They should be aiming for 6-8 wins in my opinion. Internal growth, add No.1 pick, McGovern, Newman, setterfield means must better their 2 win season of last year. If they beat GC and hawks they would be on their way, but those losses hurt. Reality is 1-8. Should be aiming to win 2 of next 4.

if we see more performances like yesterday over the next month then I'd say Bolton will be on borrowed time.

Blues now need to start looking at other candidates for 2020.
Let Bolton coach out the year if need be, something needs to change

You have the players, just need a couple of wins in the next 6 weeks. Keep your coach and show stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back