How much savings do you have?

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got a couple of hundred thousand in the bank plus a house that is fully paid off. I don't owe anything.

Thing is, it is true that money isn't everything. I'm 44 and I've been living the frugal life for so long from paying off my house and working hard, i do not know how to enjoy myself anymore. I know that sounds pathetic but its true.

I've got a couple of hundred thousand in the bank plus a house that is fully paid off. I don't owe anything.

Thing is, it is true that money isn't everything. I'm 44 and I've been living the frugal life for so long from paying off my house and working hard, i do not know how to enjoy myself anymore. I know that sounds pathetic but its true.
is there anything you want to buy though? A nice watch? A new car? Renovations?

A couple hundred thousand in the bank just sitting there? It needs to be growing.

It's not pathetic.. could be what they used to call a mid life crisis, but it doesn't have to be.

What are your interests? Going by your profile pic you like motorsports.. Go buy yourself a kart and race, or just blow it all on coke and hookers.

Have you done much traveling?
44 is too old to hit up the hostel life but you could certainly start experiencing more of the world. For example, a yearly 15-30k budget (depending on if you have a family) would pretty much get you anywhere you want with nice accommodation when you get there (you may have to choose between business class travel vs 5 start resort for that budget).

I'd personally steer clear of physical goods, the rush I get from purchasing things like cars/watches etc never seems to last as long as an experience.

If you have kids, what about going about creating a comfortable life for them after you've gone, start investing in property for them etc.

Never have more than $10k in cash in so called savings

I like to have that as a safety buffer if anything goes wrong. Probably got about $20k in available credit card space

Anything over is locked away in shares, crypto ext to make me more money

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back